How to export/import Gateway Card1 .sav to eShop/3ds/3dz with SaveDataFiler

I found a workaround how to export/import Card1 Savegames (no retail support)

First you know we had the problem of " CTR - BROKEN ", but there is a little trick to it.

!MT-Card USER can do this without Workaround because the save gets loaded on ROM mounting!

To fetch your Cartridge Savegames, you can use this method: NTR Savegame Manager Plugin

We need:

- Red Gateway Card
- The Exploit
- Launcher.dat (tested with 3.0.3 Ultra)
- SaveDataFiler
- The .3ds/.3dz/.cia Game you want to export/import
- A working Savegame (Dumped Savegames from Retail might not work)
- A PC/MAC (any Device capeable to rename Files)

!MAKE ALWAYS BACKUPS FROM YOUR SAVEGAMES!

A. EXPORT .3ds/.3dz to eShop:

Savegame example: Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000053F00) > http://3ds.essh.co/

1. Connect the SD Card to your PC
2. Copy your Savegame and save it as 000400000FF40A00.sav
3. Put SD Card back into your 3DS
4. Turn it on and execute Exploit
5. Mount your .3ds/.3dz Game
6. Start SaveDataFiler (CTR Card is no longer broken!) and highlight CTR Card
7. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame

SaveDataFiler stores in SDCARD:\filer\UserSaveData\20150131010203\0000053f
YEAR-MONTH-DAY-HOUR-MINUTE-SECONDS \ TitleID low

8. Switch to SD and highlight your TitleID
9. Press R+A and then A to import your Savegame
10. Press Home, select the cia game and press two times A to start

B. EXPORT eShop to .3ds/.3dz:

1. Start your 3DS and execute Exploit
2. Mount your Game
3. Start SaveDataFiler and highlight your TitleID low
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Switch over to SD and highlight TitleID low
6. Press L + A and then A to create 000400000FF40A00.sav (CTR Card is no longer broken!)
7. Turn your 3DS off and connect the SD CARD with your PC
8. Copy 000400000FF40A00.sav to your TitleID (0004000000053F00.sav)
9. Put your SD Card back into your 3DS
10. Turn your 3DS on and execute Exploit
11. Mount your Game and start it

Export Retail Card with CFW and SDF:

Note: As for CFW works only with FW4.5, 6.x encryption will fail.

1. You need CFW and installed SafeDataFiler on a spare SD Card
2. Start your CFW and insert your Cartridge
3. Start SafeDataFiler and highlight CTR Card
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Turn off your 3DS and move the 'filer' folder to your PC
6. Switch over to your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card and add the 'filer' folder from PC
7. Insert your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card into your 3DS
8. Start your 3DS, execute Exploit and start SaveDataFiler
9. Now you can follow A8 for eShop or B5 for .3ds/.3dz

(Be patient with CFW, sometimes it takes 10 tries to get it working)

Thx queno138 : original Post

Info:

"Nintendo 3DS\ID1\ID2\" = eShop , "000400000000XXXXXXX.sav" = Card 1

If your ID1\ID2 does not match after downgrade or formating 3DS,
your Save is LOST if there is no NAND Backup using that ID1\ID2!!!

If you have the NAND Backup matching ID1\ID2,
you can import it as emuNAND with emuNANDTool!

It is impossible to use NAND Backups or encrypted eShop saves
from another 3DS! You need to decrypt the saves first before you
can transfer them!

EXPORT / IMPORT from Original Cartridge is now possible
with Cubic Ninja + PASTA CFW + SaveData Filer!!!

sblast3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very confusing tutorial... you should state that 000400000FF40A00 is the ID for SaveDataFilter GW, as I thought it was for the US version for Super Mario 3D Land (Since it was already in my SD card and I didn't know .cias made .SAVs).

Worked for converting a CARD-1 save to CARD-2!

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very confusing tutorial... you should state that 000400000FF40A00 is the ID for SaveDataFilter, as I thought it was for the US version for Super Mario 3D Land (Since it was already in my SD card and I didn't know .cias made .SAVs).

Worked for converting a CARD-1 save to CARD-2!
.cias Do not create .sav files. 000400000FF40A00 is not related to SDF, it's the Gateways default ID (and I am pretty sure that's explained in the tutorial) and it's apparently the one SDF accesses when accessing the CTR save.

Reactions: sblast3

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Every version of SaveDataFiler I try to install gives me "import failed", both from devmenu.cia or devmenu.3ds

I tried Title Manager from BigBlueMenu too, both .3ds and .cia but I always got the same error.

I dunno what the problem is, everything else is working fine, I tried the 3 SaveDataFiler versions inside the 3dsdevkit from BBB and a few other version found by googling around, but I always got the same error.

Am I missing something?

O3DS XL with Gateway and Emunand 9.5.0-23, I did even try to launch devmenu or title manager from sysnand but it says it cannot be launched.

tannakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, so i got SavEfl to work with the CFW but its on 4.2U but it still shows CTR Broken, do i have to upgrade my sysnand to 4.5U?

edit: Found what I was looking for MH4U CTR is broken cause of 7.x encryption. soo, new question if i get NTR 1.0 will i then be able to insert a save from gateway into the retail Cartridge?

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question, so i got SavEfl to work with the CFW but its on 4.2U but it still shows CTR Broken, do i have to upgrade my sysnand to 4.5U?

edit: Found what I was looking for MH4U CTR is broken cause of 7.x encryption. soo, new question if i get NTR 1.0 will i then be able to insert a save from gateway into the retail Cartridge?
So I was able to find a working SaveDataFiler but I'm getting CTR broken on all the roms I'm trying, I tried my .3dz MH4U patched rom so it saves in Repeating CTR Fail but still I'm getting CTR Broken on that rom too.

I'm on GW Emunand 9.5.0-23, Sysnand 4.3.

How to solve this CTR broken issue?

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I was able to find a working SaveDataFiler but I'm getting CTR broken on all the roms I'm trying, I tried my .3dz MH4U patched rom so it saves in Repeating CTR Fail but still I'm getting CTR Broken on that rom too.

I'm on GW Emunand 9.5.0-23, Sysnand 4.3.

How to solve this CTR broken issue?
Sounds like you're either missing to rename your MH4 .sav file to the gateway ID, or you're forgetting to select the ROM in the gateway launcher so it appears to be the game in the slot.

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds like you're either missing to rename your MH4 .sav file to the gateway ID, or you're forgetting to select the ROM in the gateway launcher so it appears to be the game in the slot.
Yeah, shame on me, I was just forgetting to rename the .sav in 000400000FF40A00.sav.

I was able to convert the MH4U savegame too.

Are there any advantages to have the user1 file instead of the .sav file in term of decrypting it?

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I was able to get raw files (filer userdata user1 etc.) from .sav following steps 1 to 7, but when I go step 9:

SaveDataFiler says failure, and the Title ID Low is broken too.

How can I import raw save back to .sav?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to get raw files (filer userdata user1 etc.) from .sav following steps 1 to 7, but when I go step 9:

SaveDataFiler says failure, and the Title ID Low is broken too.

How can I import raw save back to .sav?
If you're changing a .3ds or .3dz save into an eShop save, there wouldn't be a second .sav file. .sav files are for ROMs.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
like someone else stated i find this tut. confusing, maybe i am too noobish and stupid but it is frustrating not to be able to follow this useful tut. in a good way.

i need to know how exactly i can exctract save game from retail game card example RuneFactory4 < i have the U.S game (I extract the .sav of it in gw menu , i use the gw card on my NXL i am on Emun9.4)

i have the ctr save located in my msd now and renamed it to "000400000FF40A00.sav" now all i want is to be able to use this save data on the .CIA game of it that i have ! my cia game is also the U.S version..

what is the next step to get the GameCard save to work on the Cia game !? i have savedataFiler already installed.. i hope someone can help as i dont really understand the frontpage tut. :L sorry for any inconvenience.

I have read through the whole thread, and tried eveyrhing i could , but i keep getting the " Ctr -Broken--" message in Sdf, so frustrating :L

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like someone else stated i find this tut. confusing, maybe i am too noobish and stupid but it is frustrating not to be able to follow this useful tut. in a good way.

i need to know how exactly i can exctract save game from retail game card example RuneFactory4 < i have the U.S game (I extract the .sav of it in gw menu , i use the gw card on my NXL i am on Emun9.4)

i have the ctr save located in my msd now and renamed it to "000400000FF40A00.sav" now all i want is to be able to use this save data on the .CIA game of it that i have ! my cia game is also the U.S version..

what is the next step to get the GameCard save to work on the Cia game !? i have savedataFiler already installed.. i hope someone can help as i dont really understand the frontpage tut. :L sorry for any inconvenience.

I have read through the whole thread, and tried eveyrhing i could , but i keep getting the " Ctr -Broken--" message in Sdf, so frustrating :L
To my knowledge, you can't just use an extracted .sav for SaveDataFiler. You need to have a copy of Rune Factory 4 in .3ds or .3dz form, load it from the multirom menu, and then you shouldn't see the "CTR broken" message.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
To my knowledge, you can't just use an extracted .sav for SaveDataFiler. You need to have a copy of Rune Factory 4 in .3ds or .3dz form, load it from the multirom menu, and then you shouldn't see the "CTR broken" message.

hm , i have done the following so far..

1.extracted the retail game of my RF4 in gw menu and i put that .3ds into the msd of my gw card (to load it up in multirom menu)

2. extracted/backed up save data of my retail RF4 , and it comes with the name "AR4E.SAV" on the root of my internal msd.

3. i rename the AR4E.SAV into "000400000FF40A00.sav"

4. i boot into gw emunand and then i press Select and Mount the RF4 .3ds game.

5. i open up SDF. aaand.. Bam "ctr --broken-- " message :l

what am i doing wrong !?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm , i have done the following so far..

1.extracted the retail game of my RF4 in gw menu and i put that .3ds into the msd of my gw card (to load it up in multirom menu)

2. extracted/backed up save data of my retail RF4 , and it comes with the name "AR4E.SAV" on the root of my internal msd.

3. i rename the AR4E.SAV into "000400000FF40A00.sav"

4. i boot into gw emunand and then i press Select and Mount the RF4 .3ds game.

5. i open up SDF. aaand.. Bam "ctr --broken-- " message :l

what am i doing wrong !?
Have you tried using the save file with the backup ROM you created? It might be necessary to load the save once and then re-save in order for it to work with SDF, or it's possible that the save doesn't even work with your backup, which would explain why it's not working in SDF either.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Have you tried using the save file with the backup ROM you created? It might be necessary to load the save once and then re-save in order for it to work with SDF, or it's possible that the save doesn't even work with your backup, which would explain why it's not working in SDF either.

yep mate, i tried loading it up but it wont load it .

like the extracted save doesnt really work with the .3ds game i exctracted :l ..

one more thing, in order to test the save file i extracted.

do i have to change the name of it !? like since it is AR4E.SAV <<< i keep it that way to try load it up with the .3ds back up i made, or do i change the name of the save :o ?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep mate, i tried loading it up but it wont load it .

like the extracted save doesnt really work with the .3ds game i exctracted :l ..

one more thing, in order to test the save file i extracted.

do i have to change the name of it !? like since it is AR4E.SAV <<< i keep it that way to try load it up with the .3ds back up i made, or do i change the name of the save :o ?
Yep, you need to give it the same type of format other .3ds roms use. The titleid of Rune Factory 4 (US) is 00040000000D2800, so its save must be named 00040000000D2800, with the extension .sav.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First, I'd check if the extracted saveis actually working as the Gateway menu quite often will not properly extract the save. To check this, rename the save to 00040000000D2800.sav and load the game ROM loaded onto the gateway

If your progress is there: fine. The save works and you can follow the original tutorial.

A. EXPORT .3ds/.3dz to eShop:

1. Connect the SD Card to your PC
2. Copy your Savegame and save it as 000400000FF40A00.sav
3. Put SD Card back into your 3DS
4. Turn it on and execute Exploit
5. Mount your .3ds/.3dz Game
6. Start SaveDataFiler (CTR Card is no longer broken!) and highlight CTR Card
7. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame

SaveDataFiler stores in SDCARD:\filer\UserSaveData\20150131010203\0000053f
YEAR-MONTH-DAY-HOUR-MINUTE-SECONDS \ TitleID low

8. Switch to SD and highlight your TitleID
10. Press Home, select the cia game and press two times A to start

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more