Hacking [Tutorial] How to downgrade from 9.2 and install CFW without owning Gateway card

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a bit of reading, it says that it should work with a regular DS cart, and those are super cheap as of now.

Moneys not the problem here. The problem is, I'm 14 and don't have access to my bank account / any paypal accounts / any credit cards. My parents would never let me buy a flashcart even if I did pay for it.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Moneys not the problem here. The problem is, I'm 14 and don't have access to my bank account / any paypal accounts / any credit cards. My parents would never let me buy a flashcart even if I did pay for it.

I would recommend Visa gift cards. You can buy them with cash and they act just like credit cards without a bank account.

Reactions: Margen67

paperme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

Having no experience what;so ever related to Gateway, Cfw and on top of that english is not my native language, does cause me a lot of problems following the guide in the first page. Please help me get over this to install Cfw on my 3DS 9.2. And please guys i'm not that lazy asking for answers without having read a lot of posts regarding gateways.... in this forum. However it doesn't clear my confusion.
-----------------------------------------
Here are my 3ds's situation.
-Initially on firmware 9.0 Eur
-downgraded back to 4.5 eur

i stucked at step 4. Once that's done go to your PC and open the NAND.bin you extracted earlier in HxD. Now here's where things get tricky. You want to copy lines going from offset 00000000

i don't think i got this right since it takes like forever to looking for the "000001f0" line, and it takes twice that long to copy and "paste" the numerous amount of hex codes, so long that it froze my laptop for a good 30 s. Has anyone such a waiting time like me??
--------------------------------------------

Besides that i have some misunderstanding

1st one is how many system nand a 3ds can have. i already downgraded my 3ds from 9.0 E to 4.5 E. In the process i had my sysnand 9.0 back up on my computer.Now that my 3ds firmware version is 4.5. Does that mean i can back it up one more time and have a copy of 4.5 sysnand in my pc? That will result in me having two choice of sysnand to restore when i had problems with my 3ds???

2nd is about the first step in the guide. what is actually " dump " your nand to the sd card. i understand the meaning of it but how? does that mean using the function " back up system nand" in GWmode and putting in the sd card

thank you in Advance

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a video showing how to do this? I would like to see a video of it being done.. Thanks a million.

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

Having no experience what;so ever related to Gateway, Cfw and on top of that english is not my native language, does cause me a lot of problems following the guide in the first page. Please help me get over this to install Cfw on my 3DS 9.2. And please guys i'm not that lazy asking for answers without having read a lot of posts regarding gateways.... in this forum. However it doesn't clear my confusion.
Here are my 3ds's situation.
-Initially on firmware 9.0 Eur
-downgraded back to 4.5 eur

i stucked at step 4. Once that's done go to your PC and open the NAND.bin you extracted earlier in HxD. Now here's where things get tricky. You want to copy lines going from offset 00000000

i don't think i got this right since it takes like forever to looking for the "000001f0" line, and it takes twice that long to copy and "paste" the numerous amount of hex codes, so long that it froze my laptop for a good 30 s. Has anyone such a waiting time like me??
--------------------------------------------

Besides that i have some misunderstanding

1st one is how many system nand a 3ds can have. i already downgraded my 3ds from 9.0 E to 4.5 E. In the process i had my sysnand 9.0 back up on my computer.Now that my 3ds firmware version is 4.5. Does that mean i can back it up one more time and have a copy of 4.5 sysnand in my pc? That will result in me having two choice of sysnand to restore when i had problems with my 3ds???

2nd is about the first step in the guide. what is actually " dump " your nand to the sd card. i understand the meaning of it but how? does that mean using the function " back up system nand" in GWmode and putting in the sd card

thank you in Advance

I followed this when it didnt work for me and I got it to work.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532/page-11#post-5145746

Reactions: paperme

total_n000000b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did every step in order but my cfw behaves weird.

It stops while being white. Sometimes Black.

I have tried 100 times.

Also I need to ask a question, step 2 you just only have to repaste all the lines froom 000000 to 000001f0 right?

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks! This might actually be my life saver.

Yeah, you just buy one, put money on, call, activate. They are cheap and effective. The only thing is that if you're under eighteen, your unable to add more money to the account, so you better add a ton of money unless you'd like to continually add money.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you just buy one, put money on, call, activate. They are cheap and effective. The only thing is that if you're under eighteen, your unable to add more money to the account, so you better add a ton of money unless you'd like to continually add money.
The fuck? I thought it was like a gift card... you go to Walmart, buy a $10 one for $10, and then it comes with a card number or something that you put in when buying a flashcard?.. am i wrong?

Reactions: Margen67

paperme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks pdboy, i got it working and everything is awesome right now. However do i have to boot cfw to play games installed from dvmenu?. the booting is painfully random. by the time i got cfw to work, my enthusiasm to play that game dies a bit.

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks pdboy, i got it working and everything is awesome right now. However do i have to boot cfw to play games installed from dvmenu?. the booting is painfully random. by the time i got cfw to work, my enthusiasm to play that game dies a bit.

Unfortunately you do. I can get it to work 1 in 10 goes at the moment. Now that my sd card is pretty full I dont have to switch it off anymore so as long as it doesnt crash or run out of power it should be ok for a while.

Reactions: paperme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM