Hacking [Tutorial] How to downgrade from 9.2 and install CFW without owning Gateway card

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't load these titles since they are encrypted for your 9.2 sysNAND. The only reason I put them there is so I could install devmenu.

Interesting. Thanks!

Anyway I can update my sysNand to 9.2 using a backup and load the 4.5 CFW from the SD Card?

JillSandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Thanks!

Anyway I can update my sysNand to 9.2 using a backup and load the 4.5 CFW from the SD Card?

Until the CFW's launcher.dat is updated to where it can:
- be loaded from the browser exploit
- use an emuNAND/redNAND 8.x+
you need a sysNAND of 4.x

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a few questions...
1. once i have the DevMenu installed... i can intall 4.5 & below .cia files... am i right?
2. what if i have this DevMenu for 4.5 and then update again to latest firmware (9.X), the DevMenu will still be there? Can i use it to install 4.5 & up .cia files?

thanks and have a nice day... :-)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i really dont understand some ppl, the cfw its a very bad buggy solution, if you can buy at least one game you could spend 59 dollars in a gateway and avoid all the hastle, you cannot play games that require higher firmware, most wont work, you need to patch cias for region free or the console wont boot them, to my eyes the ppl that does this are too cheap to spend a little bucks to unlock everything that you could get, its just an opinion but its like the ppl that prefer being handicaped than having surgery because of choice
FYI, you don't need to buy anything to get devmenu to work. As long as you had at least a demo installed pre-downgrade, it'll work.
And I never had any intention of buying a Gateway 3DS... I'm only using this because my 3DS XL was collecting dust, and I happen to like tinkering with things. I'm not cheap.

Reactions: Margen67

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really dont understand some ppl, the cfw its a very bad buggy solution, if you can buy at least one game you could spend 59 dollars in a gateway and avoid all the hastle, you cannot play games that require higher firmware, most wont work, you need to patch cias for region free or the console wont boot them, to my eyes the ppl that does this are too cheap to spend a little bucks to unlock everything that you could get, its just an opinion but its like the ppl that prefer being handicaped than having surgery because of choice

I'd love to spend $59 if work actually gave me hours. Otherwise, that is not a viable solution for me. With Gateway being a bit expensive, I can see how much I got paid go down below $10 and got College classes to take care of also.

JillSandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a few questions...
1. once i have the DevMenu installed... i can intall 4.5 & below .cia files... am i right?
Theoretically yes; should be any retail games that use SDK4 and below (with the usual exceptions). Homebrew installs and launches fine. In short, it's all up to how the .cia was compiled.
2. what if i have this DevMenu for 4.5 and then update again to latest firmware (9.X), the DevMenu will still be there? Can i use it to install 4.5 & up .cia files?
DevMenu and other .cia's should remain, but there more problems besides that.
Updating wouldn't work, as the go exploit uses a different ROP loader (meaning CFW's not bootable anyways)
Additionally, updating emuNAND/redNAND to 7.2+ will render it unbootable (CFW's launcher.dat seems to only work for emuNAND/redNAND 4.x; any other system versions causes it to not load).

Reactions: noctis90210

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, while I probably could finance a Gateway, am holding out for a free solution, and this works for the time being. I'm still salty about the bricking fiasco too.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i realized I made a mistake, make sure you inject a 4.x nand into emunand or i believe it won't work, i guess i know why mine wasn't working :P

AmienZero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
km-download.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
question.
i have the european 3DS which i successfully downgraded to 4.5. i haven't bought the gateway yet and my r4i-3DS is blocked so i can't launch the DS profile exploit. can i use the web exploit instead to install the emunand and CFW?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question.
i have the european 3DS which i successfully downgraded to 4.5. i haven't bought the gateway yet and my r4i-3DS is blocked so i can't launch the DS profile exploit. can i use the web exploit instead to install the emunand and CFW?

Follow the guide to downgrade to 4.5 if you want CFW, but if you're going to buy Gateway I'd say hold off and just use that. It's a lot better than CFW.

Reactions: Margen67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question.

You kinda need a ds flash card to use rop loader.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since OP is a pinhead who doesn't proofread, I'd like to point out that the website you need to go to launch the exploit isn't www.go.gateway-3ds.com but is in fact go.gateway-3ds.com

Attempting to load the former will result in an error making it impossible to progress beyond the first step (oh, okay there's only one step) paragraph three of step one.

I'd also like to suggest that the *somewhere* you "grab the Gateway 3.0 launcher from" be Gateway's official website.

This ensures that the archive you download containing the launcher is free from any potential viruses or malware that may have been planted by anyone distributing it elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night