[Tutorial] How to Decrypt, Extract & Rebuild a CIA

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asia81, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    How do I extract a cia using v5.3 of the hacking toolkit?
    There isn't an option called "cia" anymore. So what do I enter? Entering "ce" extracts a bunch of stuff, but no folders.
    [​IMG]

2. Asia81
    OP

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Be sure your cia is decrypted, it seems like it's not

3. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    toolkit 5.3 doesnt work AT ALL for me and my cias are decrypted. toolkit 5.2 extracts fine

4. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    Same, extracting an update CIA does nothing. Also, thanks for your post, I wouldn't have guessed using an older version would work hehe

EDIT: Never mind after giving a minute to read the option list, the option to extract is called "CE", not "CIA" like the first post says, ironically writing "CIA" does open a broken version of the CIA Extract option (I guess it was left there as leftover).

Last edited by Garro, Jul 27, 2016
  5. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Any help?

6. MonoParadox

MonoParadox Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2015
    United States
    Can somebody give me link to PackHack 5.2 because version 5.3 won't unpack my cia.

7. Namae

Namae Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2016
    Canada
    Someone that already got it worked, care to accept a request? :x ( I'm new on the forum but I been 3 whole days staring at the same guide)
    I really need only one game decrypted, and trying to get it I sadly bricked my 3dsxl.
    I wonder if someone could just help me decrypting this only game, I could give my skype and the file.
    Sorry if was not the better place to put a request! Will gladly understand if I need to remove somehow!

8. Nevermore

Nevermore GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    United States
    Just wanted to check, is it still not possible to rebuild a game update back into CIA?

I was able to work with the game fine and rebuild it (Tri Force Heroes), but Pack Hack doesn't create a CIA when trying to rebuild the CIA

Everything unencrypted
    [​IMG]

After trying to rebuild:
    [​IMG]

Is there a different method to do it? The original post still uses info from old builds.

9. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey
    Quick question would this work on the latest update to the 3ds? ; _ ; Cause I REALLY want the decrypt to work on it..but it seems to just unload and go back to the homebrew launcher ; n;!

10. Nexu_Z

Nexu_Z Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    Venezuela
    Uhh... Hello. there's a way to make CIA's become SD data and put in the 3ds like it was a backup of a downloaded game?

11. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Install it using FBI.

12. Nexu_Z

Nexu_Z Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    Venezuela
    But my 3DS it's latest version. Doesn't matter?? i won't install any game if i need something like a CFW or Gateway. I'm from venezuela and i don't have dollars to buy gateway flashcart

Last edited by Nexu_Z, Sep 11, 2016
  13. GalladeGuy

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    You don't need a flashcard to get free games. Gateway is completely useless. Follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

14. Nexu_Z

Nexu_Z Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    Venezuela
    My 3ds is 11.0.0-33u. I won't downgrade it 'cuz i'm noob in hacking 3ds but i wanted to know how to install free games. I have Pokémon Y in .3ds Format. And already installed menuhax and homebrew launcher I still have a chance to install FBI?

15. GalladeGuy

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Not if you're on 11.0.

16. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    With Rem
    Anyone with problems rebuilding cias with 5.3, use the french one :) it worked for me

17. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Does anyone know why I always get a blackscreen when changing the Title ID/Serial of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire? It works fine when I use the regular Title ID but I don't want it to replace AS, I want it to install separately.

18. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    5.3 doesnt work at all.....
    Does anyone have 4.8?

19. doudou1408

doudou1408 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2011
    France
    Anyone who have some troubles getting 5.3 working :

Just move your folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\HackingToolkit3DS" to "C:\Program Files\HackingToolkit3DS" (Folder "Program Files" is shown as "Programs" on W10 or something like that)
    Scripts use the %PROG_FILES% variable who don't really work with all x64 windows.

20. srwgin

srwgin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2013
    China
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.