Status
Not open for further replies.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CIA's version is lower than the one in the 3DS' internal version database. You'd have to spoof the version numbers to be higher than the original title's current version, or change the unique ID completely.
Can I use the CFW rebuild on the 3DS ROM tutorial when I have CtrBootManager?

morph95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
How to extract DecryptedRomFS.bin file (from an update cia file)?
3DS Hackingtoolkit does not that.

With ctrtool > "error, file corrupted"

Last edited by morph95,

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will not workk for me the cias are already decrytped accoording to decrypt9 so I don't know why it's not working for me as I ned to do some investigating on seeinghow the files are compressed for the lego games to see why the hell they're so damned slow to load.

morph95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the CIA file contain the contents.
you install the CIA because you want to access the contents.

if you want to decrypt a 2gb CIA, you will have to install it. it is very slow.
but, you can use the contents from the CIA without installing it.
but you will need to decrypt them.
when you install a CIA, the contents become decrypted (partially)

if you generate the title key (option 3 in ctr decryptor multi tool) - you can decrypt the contents without having to install the CIA
Example to extract CIA without installing:
Code:
ctrtool -x -t cia <name of your cia> --contents=<name of content> --meta=<name of meta(same as content> --tmd=<name of tmd file> --tik=<name of tik file> --certs=<name of cert file>

For Games:

#0000 = Similar to .3ds with different Header
#0001 = Manual.cfa
#0002 = DLP.cfa

Code:
ctrtool -p --exheader="exheaderEncrypted.bin" --romfs="romfsEncrypted.bin" --exefs="exefsEncrypted.bin" --logo="logo.bin" "<name of #0000>"

What is left, is to fetch the xorpad for #0000 to decrypt the files.

aescbc.
but that gets removes the 'eshop encryption'.
then there is the sd card encryption... which we still need xorpads for lol.
so, yeah maybe not much of a project if it only saves 1 boot cycle, 1 sd card eject, etc
I have :
- CIA file from CDN
- TMD + dec files from CDN
- TitleID + TitleKey (decrypted) from ticket.db
- .app.out files decrypted from CIA installed

With all these files, i still can't extract my cia file without 3DS?

Last edited by morph95,

ImmyG93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been googling for hours and I have not been able to find a single decent guide on this or anyone who knows how to do this to help me. So I'm posting here and asking for help

I'm basically running RX Tools 10.6EMUNAND and 9.2 SYSNAND, and I'm making custom music for Super Smash Bros 3DS.

To Summarize:

I managed to edit the NUS3BANK files for the game's CIA and rebuild the CIA as a ROM then convert to CIA using Simple CIA 3DS Converter. I managed to rebuild the ROM into a CIA and the custom music is working almost perfectly (I still need to fix a few songs here and there). However, when I use the same method for the Update 1.1.4 DLC CIA file, it thinks the update is the game itself and wont let me install the Update unless i uninstall the game CIA. So in short, i can either install the game CIA or install the update, but not both.

I'm using the "RomFS" and "3DS Builder" java program to rebuild the decrypted CIA/3DS ROM into a .3DS file and am locating all the right .bin files it's asking for. But when I do the same for the DLC files, i convert it into a .3ds file then convert into CIA again using the usual XORPAD method. But it won't install on BigBlueMenu because only either the game's CIA will import or the DLC, but not both (my guess is it thinks both are the same?).

Would it be possible to just put all the decrypted files of the 1.1.5 update with all the files of the original decrypted ROM and then rebuild it as one combined ROM of the game and update together?'

Anyways help would be appreciated thank you

P.S. if you do have a guide for rebuilding CIA patches i'd love to see it because I want to rebuild the CIA patch ASAP so i can have custom music on copy of Sm4sh 3DS and install it instead of waiting.

I had a look at this guide but I dont think it has the information I need - https://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-3...-guide-textures-music-sfx-voice-clips.414548/

Immahnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, this might not fit the thread and all, but I've done all this, extracted what I needed, but now, I don't know what to do with the files.

Bear with me, I don't want to rebuild it, instead, I want to get all the text files from the game I just decrypted, extracted, etc. I just don't know how to do it. All these .lz files, I have no idea how to open.

The purpose for this is to help a friend that wants to fan translate this game, but I can't seem to be able to get the files necessary.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a weird issue i've decrypted a couple of CIA's of the same game i've already checked using Decrypt9 i just get this message when trying to extract them any idea why
it's bothering me when Pokemon CIA's work just fine

fF2Y6dr.png

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
where is the files decrypted by decrypt9? I can't find anywhere

for some reason your pack hack aways give me a msvcp120 dll error, and I have visual basic 2013 installed
i'm on windows 10

Last edited by Argentlan,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
where is the files decrypted by decrypt9? I can't find anywhere

for some reason your pack hack aways give me a msvcp120 dll error, and I have visual basic 2013 installed
i'm on windows 10
Check the decrypting part, you will understand where are your decrypted files...

For the dll, so download msvcp120.dll on the net and put in the HackingToolkit3DS folder, in program files

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Check the decrypting part, you will understand where are your decrypted files...

For the dll, so download msvcp120.dll on the net and put in the HackingToolkit3DS folder, in program files
for some reason the error stopped alone
but the only place I can imagine for the extracted files on Decrypt9 are, is in D9Game folder
but only the Cias are in there
and even in your packhack now I can't decrypt a certain Cia, it is a original backup cia of River City Ramson for NES VC, other games are working but that is not

Last edited by Argentlan,

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DecryptedPartition1.bin: File Not Found
DecryptedPartition2.bin: File Not Found
DecryptedPartition6.bin: File Not Found
DecryptedPartition7.bin: File Not Found

DecryptedPartition0.bin: File Not Found

will not do it even when i fully decrypt the cia so clearly it's broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either