[Tutorial] How to Decrypt, Extract & Rebuild 3DS|CIA|CXI Files

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asia81, Mar 4, 2015.

?

How is my english?

1. So bad...

37 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Good, sometimes it's not understandable

83 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Very understandable

330 vote(s)
    61.8%
  4. Perfect?

84 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. tommy2010

tommy2010 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Egypt
  2. Kirbyhammer7

Kirbyhammer7 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2017
    United States
    Alright, so I think I have a handle of most of this, as I can extract/unpack the cias just fine, but how do I get to (edit) the code.bin in the DecryptedexeFS.bin? I tried the "FS2" option to "extract contents of DecryptedexeFS.bin", but no new files show up when I do so. It says extraction is done, but nothing happens other than a new (empty) folder appearing. Thanks for the help.

3. Asia81
    OP

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Not sure to understand what you want to do with the code.bin file?
    Just got the file itself?

4. crazypairingperson

crazypairingperson Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2017
    United States
    The program won't extract my cxi file, it doesn't have any 'special characters', it's clean, it's in the same folder, etc. Am I supposed to name it something other than the numbers that braindump assigns it, and then use that? If so, that would have been helpful to know, but I don't want to rename it until I get a confirmation that that's what I'm supposed to do. If not, what am I doing wrong?

5. Carter0108

Carter0108 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2014
    United Kingdom
    I don't quite understand... What exactly is a "clean" CIA? If i can't use GodMode9 or Decrypt9 to get my files how am I supposed to get them?

6. Asia81
    OP

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    "Clean" mean it's downloaded straight from nintendo's servers (using FunkeyCIA and an EncryptedTitleKey), or got using a conversion from a clean .3DS (encrypted too, so not decrypted using GodMode9 or Decrypt9).
    GodMode9 dump a CIA already decrypted.

7. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Or after dumping it with Godmode9 encrypt it again before putting it on your PC.

8. Mistaka

Mistaka Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    Japan
    I want 3ds update file(MHXX update file 1.2.0). I extracted and rebuild it by Hackingtoolkit3ds. But this update file I opened by hackingtoolkit3ds can't installed.(I tried to install by FBI. But it failed...)
    And Its size is bigger than before. Please tell me. How to install.

P.S.
    I have new 3ds B9S, luma 3ds and FBI.

9. Oris

Oris Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2013
    United States
    So... I have this weird issue where I download the newest version of the tool and when I go to install it, everything just... disappears. I have no idea what the hell is happening and it is really pissing me off because this thing does a lot of stuff by itself as it is. Thanks Windows 10.

To explain the issue a little better, I download the stuff from the website, and unzip it. Then I open the folder for Packhack, everything is there for about a second, and then everything just disappears off the screen and the folder reads as empty. All I want to do is randomize Sun and Moon. T_T

10. Lglaplante

Lglaplante GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    Winrar or winzip ?

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Whatever antivirus you're using is probably detecting HackingToolkit and its associated programs as a virus and that's why it's deleting it. Turn it off an add them to the list of things allowed to go through it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Oct 23, 2017
    Oris likes this.
  12. Oris

Oris Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2013
    United States
    You were right, Norton was being a jerk. lol Thanks. :)

KunoichiZ likes this.
  13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Lol, you're welcome. I had the same exact problem with Norton and HackingToolkit.

14. Oris

Oris Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2013
    United States
    So is there no way to randomize field items in Pokemon Sun and Moon? That is like 40% of the fun. XD

15. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    pk3DS might be able to do it though I haven't tried it myself.

16. Oris

Oris Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2013
    United States
    The version I have apparently doesn't have the ability. I feel like this is the most recent version.

17. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Then I guess it's not possible. I can look into it later if you want and see what items can be randomized.

18. Oris

Oris Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2013
    United States
    Yes, please! I miss this feature so much. I don't recall if it was even in Gen 6 either. I know Gen 5 had it. It was always nice to find that random Master Ball just sitting out in the open, or get a Lucky Egg early.

19. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    It does
    upload_2017-10-23_4-49-53.png

20. Oris

Oris Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2013
    United States
    I think that is for the ability Pickup. It is a list of items Pokemon with Pickup, like Lillipup, can find after battle if it isn't holding anything. Still a nice little chart to have fun with, though. What I want is to randomize items that are just sitting out in the open. Like... Say in Pokemon Red and Blue, I think normally there is an item ball sitting south of where you get Flash. If I randomized it, it could be a Master Ball or a Fossil or something cool like that. But as far as I can tell, Gen 6 and 7 don't have a randomization option for that.