[Tutorial] How to Decrypt, Extract & Rebuild 3DS|CIA|CXI Files

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asia81, Mar 4, 2015.

?

How is my english?

1. So bad...

33 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Good, sometimes it's not understandable

76 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. Very understandable

293 vote(s)
    61.3%
  4. Perfect?

76 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Wow. Calm down there a bit pal. Asia81 does not owe you anything. Be grateful that he even made the tool. He's not even getting paid for this, so calling him selfish for not answering one question is not right.

Asia81 likes this.

2. Asia81
    OP

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    I won't reply for say something useless as "I don't know your problem" it's stupid :wtf:
    Especially when the most time, it's a problem user related, and when the problem is not clearly explained :rolleyes:
    Check if you have enough RAM, check if you read all troubleshootings solutions, and send a screenshot of your working folder.

Last edited by Asia81, Apr 25, 2017
  3. OfficialBrony
    This message by OfficialBrony has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 26, 2017, Reason: Trying to start a fight.
    Apr 26, 2017
  4. Asia81
    OP

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Wow.
    How the fuck can I help you If I don't even KNOW/UNDERSTAND your(s) problem(s) :blink: ?

If you take it in that way, then deal with it and leave this thread.
    Who want help someone agressing like you do?
    F*ck off.

Edit: If I am selfish, then why would I make this thread to try to help peoples:wacko:

I'm not sure who is pathetic here :rolleyes:

Last edited by Asia81, Apr 26, 2017
  5. OfficialBrony
    This message by OfficialBrony has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 26, 2017, Reason: Trying to start a fight.
    Apr 26, 2017
  6. Asia81
    OP

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Then you know what?
    Use that and Get the fuck outta here!

I'm not going to try to help an asshole like you, insulting for free someone like you do, when it's not in a funny way like with friends.
    Don't even quote me or answer, you're going to be added in my BL.

KunoichiZ, lordkaos and OfficialBrony like this.
  7. OfficialBrony
    Apr 26, 2017
  8. OfficialBrony
    Apr 26, 2017
  9. MiiJack
    This message by MiiJack has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 26, 2017, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Apr 26, 2017
  10. OfficialBrony
    This message by OfficialBrony has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 26, 2017, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Apr 26, 2017
  11. MiiJack
    This message by MiiJack has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 26, 2017, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Apr 26, 2017
  12. OfficialBrony
    This message by OfficialBrony has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 26, 2017, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Apr 26, 2017
  13. XXII

XXII Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2015
    Belgium
    You should take an aspirine and re-read your last messages, Brony.

Aggressive posts will just make people avoid you because of the toxicity you post publicly. You "Okay Frenchie" Bullshit have nothing to do on GBATemp forums.

Can you imagine being forced to answer as soon as you get a notification because you are online ? Maybe Asia81 was busy with something other / had other things to do ? He surely MUST be devoted and answer like a good little dog to every person posting in this thread, right ? He does not owe you anything, and if he can not or does not want to answer, it is not a reason to insult him.

I'm not sure on which side the selfish individual is.

Asia81 likes this.
  14. MissPotato

MissPotato Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    United States
    Hey, I'm a little stuck on the decryption part. I have GodMode9 installed, so I was going to use that. When I navigated title it was a .app. I decrpted that, and got another file with a lot of 0's followed by a . then the title's ticket and finally the .app. I then tried to use Decrpty9 but it wont even start.

EDIT: I'm trying to decrypt a eshop game.

EDIT2: I figured it out. I had to use godmode9, select all the files and the folder, then build a CIA out of that. Then, if that is not decrypted, decrypt that.

Last edited by MissPotato, May 3, 2017
  15. Lglaplante

Lglaplante GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    @Asia81 Hello! I just got my Alpha Saphirre decrypted and extracted, and I was searching for some roms hacks and I found your Rom Hack Named GBAlpha Saphirre... Is there an alternative download link since your download has been taken down?

16. Lglaplante

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    Wich option of dumping did you choose? For citra you have to choose Extract and Decrypt (Trim)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Actually you have to keep your extracted folder safe
    No need to copy and paste
    and when you rebuild, put everything in the same folder

17. XBzombieMan1337

XBzombieMan1337 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    Not sure if this has been said, but Im pretty confused about what how to access the romfs folder. I am using a cia file named "Pokemon_Edited.cia" but when I attempt to load the file in 3ds explorer it just says "Error: Error opening ticket" and wont load any files in the cia. Can anyone help me with this?

18. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Have you even followed the tutorial in the first post? You get the romfs folder by following it.

19. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    I'm trying to extract a cia. Specifically, one of Japanese Fire Emblem Echoes. When I try extracting it, I get the files I'm supposed to, but none of the folders I'm supposed to get. That is because the romfs that was extracted from the cia can't be extracted.

I'm pretty sure the cia is decrypted because I couldn't decrypt it with Decrypt9. I dumped it in Decrypt9 with CIA Builder (SysNAND/decr.).

Here's what the first part of the cia looks like:
    [​IMG]
    To me, it looks like other cia files.
    I can tell the romfs isn't right because it doesn't start with "IVFC".

20. Lglaplante

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    Dump and decrypt it with Hourglass9 instead, it should work. I did it with pokemon Sun and it worked fine

21. Amino932

Amino932 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    France
    Salut, surement n'est ce pas le sujet ici, mais voici ma requête en fait sur pokémon trash ton lien pour pokémon eclat pourpre ne fonctionne malheureusement plus j'essaye donc en vain de convertir la Rom en CIA mais à chaque fois que je lance j'ai l'ecran noir j'aimerais que tu m'explique la marche à suivre afin de le convertir correctement.
    Cordialement

ps: désolé si je ne poste pas sur le bon sujet mais je n'ai pas trouvé d'autre lien qui soit le plus en rapport avec ma demande.

-----------

Hi, surely this is not the topic here, but here is my query actually on Pokémon trash your link for Pokémon Purple Purple does not work anymore so I try in vain to convert Rom to CIA but every time I run I have the black screen I would like you to explain to me the procedure to follow in order to convert it correctly.
    Cordially

Ps: sorry if I do not post on the right topic but I have not found any other link that is most relevant to my request.

Last edited by raulpica, Jun 5, 2017 - Reason: Google translated -rp
  22. XBzombieMan1337

XBzombieMan1337 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    So, I have extracted my CIA file of Pokemon Sun, and edited all the things I needed to. Then I recreated my romFS folder and my exeFS folder. The problem is, I can't use HANS in order to load a romFS file for Pokemon Sun. So, I need an alternative of running a romFS file OR a way to rebuild these files back to CIA format. (Yes I did follow the first part guide)

23. Asia81
    OP

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    I can't work anymore on it until I bought a new computer.
    Anyways you can extract the cia, but can't rebuild it?
    PS : HANS is dead and deprecated (not sure if it's the good term) you should use LayeredFS instead (using NTR or Luma3DS).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't see what you ask me here and not on Pokémon Trash:huh:

24. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    It is the proper term.

25. Karakui

Karakui Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2017
    Are there any known issues with Fire Emblem Fates? I extracted the .3ds without any obvious problems but when I rebuilt it after changing a couple of files, it was missing 1.3gb of file size (the rebuilt .3ds was ~515mb, the original was 1.8gb). I just rebuilt it again using a clean extract and it's 76kb.

26. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    is it my correct assumption I can with this tool.

1. dump game from Cart with godmode9 (decrypted 3ds)
    2. dump game update to cxi
    3. unpack .3ds with this tool
    4. unpack .cxi with this tool, overwriting with updated files?
    5. repack with this tool to make an updated .3ds?

for some reason the resulting .3ds is only 1/4 the original size...

edit: okay it was smaller cause I ran out of space, fixed now 20+ free.
    I tried again and now it worked :D

Last edited by GizmoTheGreen, Jun 8, 2017
  27. Adam_Elhalawany

Adam_Elhalawany Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    How can i get the original 3ds/cia file?

28. Adam_Elhalawany

Adam_Elhalawany Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    I didn't get the update folder when I extracted. How can I?