Hacking [Tutorial]How to break the game limit on red button Sky3DS cartridges

jfcoloma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the first SD mentioned by emil, it doesn't matter if you do eeprom no or eeprom yes. just make sure it's the 10 games you definately want to not have any save issues or any issues for that matter. Then after you burn 10 games on your first SD, any remaining games you would like to play should be burned on a new "second" SD.
thanks ,but the second SD has to be write normally with diskwrite or modify by method 1 or 3. ? Thanks for your fast answer

Emil Långström

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks ,but the second SD has to be write normally with diskwrite or modify by method 1 or 3. ? Thanks for your fast answer
Burn down the other games you Will play to sd card 2 with disk writer 1.05 and template 1225

No modify just burn down the games like you did with the first 10 games on another sd card

Reactions: jfcoloma

podscrer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Guys,
If I create a backup of SD1 and clear the card and burn with new roms. Could have problem?
Other question, if I know all my 10 roms, Could I create a new SD1 (using my 10 originals roms) or is there something different in each card (like a hash or something else)?

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey Guys,
If I create a backup of SD1 and clear the card and burn with new roms. Could have problem?
Other question, if I know all my 10 roms, Could I create a new SD1 (using my 10 originals roms) or is there something different in each card (like a hash or something else)?

No one's tested that. Maybe you can be the first. But the main reason why SD1 is protected is just that. better have a golden SD that you know works flawlessly.

If you want more roms just get another SD. If you're strapped for cash just get an 8GB one. I know for certain that SD2 can be manipulated and burnt and erased and formatted however/howmany ways you see fit.

Reactions: podscrer

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys,
Yes you can erase sd#1 and use it with other roms, they will auto scroll though.
I think title ID's of the first burned roms are stored on the sky itself.
Yes you can put your first 10 games on another sd and it will behave as it did originally.

Reactions: podscrer

viewsat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anybody tried renaming the titleid of a 10+ game to one of the originals to see if it'll load without flashing light etc?

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody tried renaming the titleid of a 10+ game to one of the originals to see if it'll load without flashing light etc?

The writer goes by the serial of the rom, and the template gives it game-specific information about it.

I don't think it would work without massively modifying/corrupting the rom.

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The writer goes by the serial of the rom, and the template gives it game-specific information about it.

I don't think it would work without massively modifying/corrupting the rom.
I have spent some hours in HxD and you can clearly see the changes made from the original rom (you download) compared to that same rom dumped back from sky after going through diskwriter. It's interesting to say the least, especially with the original 10.
I played around a bit, but never got anywhere meaningful.
johnbus is right...it's locked down pretty good, outside of card type.

MAMAMIYA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote a 10+ game in my MicroSDcard2 and launched it with the red-button Sky3DS (method 0). Is it normal that the blue light keeps flushing non-stop? I have to go into the setting and exist to restore the auto-scroll.

Also, I experienced losing my save of the 10+ game after I play another 10+ game. Do I miss any step on the cycle?

Many thanks for any advice.

Emil Långström

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wrote a 10+ game in my MicroSDcard2 and launched it with the red-button Sky3DS (method 0). Is it normal that the blue light keeps flushing non-stop? I have to go into the setting and exist to restore the auto-scroll.

Also, I experienced losing my save of the 10+ game after I play another 10+ game. Do I miss any step on the cycle?

Many thanks for any advice.
I had this problem to and i never get IT to work :( so Use method 1 i promises that your saves working IF you modify your games with crack tool to eeprom - no

I Have not get Any problems with eeprom - no games

But to make shure to not get the 0mb bug in diskwwriter (burn down the games you want after you modify the template with crack tool. And IF you want to add more games after you Have played Any 10+ games you had burned. you need to backup the 10+ games you had on the sd card)

Sorry for My bad English

MAMAMIYA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem to and i never get IT to work :( so Use method 1 i promises that your saves working IF you modify your games with crack tool to eeprom - no

I Have not get Any problems with eeprom - no games

But to make shure to not get the 0mb bug in diskwwriter (burn down the games you want after you modify the template with crack tool. And IF you want to add more games after you Have played Any 10+ games you had burned. you need to backup the 10+ games you had on the sd card)

Sorry for My bad English

Thank you. I used the method 1 (Sky3DStool_1.05 EN) with EEPROM-No 10+ games. The game saves are working well now. Also I found a quite useful tip to stop the blinking. I added one (EEPROM-YES) of the 10 base games to the 10+ game card (MicroSD card 2) and use the setting to make the auto-scrolling stop at the 10 base game (a stop point), after finishing one of the 10+ game. It saves me a lot of work to stop the blinking light on Sky3DS while I still can put my system to sleep instead of completely turning it off.

Attachments

• Sky3DScTool_v106_EN.zip
    239.6 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: Emil Långström

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Also I found a quite useful tip to stop the blinking. I added one (EEPROM-YES) of the 10 base games to the 10+ game card (MicroSD card 2) and use the setting to make the auto-scrolling stop at the 10 base game (a stop point), after finishing one of the 10+ game.

Can someone else confirm this? If yes I'll add it to the first post. I'm currently not at home so I can't test it.

Emil Långström

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you. I used the method 1 (Sky3DStool_1.05 EN) with EEPROM-No 10+ games. The game saves are working well now. Also I found a quite useful tip to stop the blinking. I added one (EEPROM-YES) of the 10 base games to the 10+ game card (MicroSD card 2) and use the setting to make the auto-scrolling stop at the 10 base game (a stop point), after finishing one of the 10+ game. It saves me a lot of work to stop the blinking light on Sky3DS while I still can put my system to sleep instead of completely turning it off.

It workt!!!

Emil Långström

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have test a thing

( I change place on one of my 10 games to one of my 10+ games in the template and burned down them with eeprom-yes and so i played then i get an error/bug. then i change it back and the 10+ game was now one of the 10 original games no scroll bug there but the one i had before had scrool bug now)

Do somebody understand my english?

Alluro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I picked up a second hand red button for $25. I put two backups on and they seem to play fine using DW 1.05 and template1225. Both of them say eeprom = yes. Is this correct, or should they all say = no? So far so good, though. I'm loving it.

Emil Långström

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I picked up a second hand red button for $25. I put two backups on and they seem to play fine using DW 1.05 and template1225. Both of them say eeprom = yes. Is this correct, or should they all say = no? So far so good, though. I'm loving it.
Do you have any problems with the saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16