ROM Hack [TUTORIAL]Give your Mii gold pants and use it for Streetpass!

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HNI_0006.JPG

Custom gold pants Mii QR code
Made with the help of NTR debugger, changing 95 to 14 quickly after pressing "OK" and before the QR was generated.
Offset for 2nd Mii(NTR): 0x14895A90
Also, you won't be able to receive it on the system that created the Mii, so use another system. (or nand)
Have fun.

Last edited by jernk,

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jernk How exactly did you make it to where you could get a QR code? I recently changed my primary Mii to have gold pants with the computer utility, but I can't make a QR code for him since sharing is disabled :/

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 25903
Custom gold pants Mii QR code
Made with the help of NTR debugger, changing 95 to 14 quickly after pressing "OK" and before the QR was generated.
Offset for 2nd Mii(NTR): 0x14895A90
Also, you won't be able to receive it on the system that created the Mii, so use another system. (or nand)
Have fun.
Don't you have to send commands via console on a computer to do this?

Reactions: DrakeLyon

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is this legal? I mean I join a few pokemon tournaments in my area and i'm worried that someone might point me out for using homebrew if I had gold pants

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jernk How exactly did you make it to where you could get a QR code? I recently changed my primary Mii to have gold pants with the computer utility, but I can't make a QR code for him since sharing is disabled :/
I just made another Mii, since my 3DS freezes when I attempt to change my primary to gold pants. Also, I used a real time memory editor to make it work. If you have <9.2 you could use NTR to do it. Ar code(9.5.0-22 or less) might work, but no promises
(Also, just in case you didn't know, ARCode automatically adds 14000000 to the addresses so 00895A90 was the address for it.)
Don't you have to send commands via console on a computer to do this?
Yes, I used ntrclient to send the commands. I assume only real time memory editing(AR Code and NTR debugger) would actually work

Last edited by jernk,
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I just made another Mii, since my 3DS freezes when I attempt to change my primary to gold pants. Also, I used a real time memory editor to make it work. If you have <9.2 you could use NTR to do it. Ar code(9.5.0-22 or less) might work, but no promises

Yes, I used ntrclient to send the commands. I assume only real time memory editing(AR Code and NTR debugger) would actually work
Welp, just wasted four hours trying to get it to work with AR Codes to no avail.

Can't seem to find a decent guide on NTR Debugger, I guess it's assumed you should already know Python commands.

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, just wasted four hours trying to get it to work with AR Codes to no avail.

Can't seem to find a decent guide on NTR Debugger, I guess it's assumed you should already know Python commands.
Sorry, I didn't emphasize because it was very similar to AR codes.
This isn't a complete guide on NTR debugger. If you want an indepth guide for NTR debugger, I recommend liomajor's post.

Boot NTR CFW with the debugger already enabled and open Mii maker prior to this video:

Description:
Commands used
connect('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', 8000)
listprocess()
memlayout(0xPID)
data(0xADDRESS, 0xSIZE filename='FILENAME', pid=0xPID)
write(0x14895A90, (0xBY ,0xTE ,0xBY ,0xTE), pid=0xPID)
Change xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your 3DS's local IP address. Rest is self explanatory

Address for hex editor is 895A90
Address for code is 0x14895A90
After you got your write address, change your mii back to normal by changing the 14 into 95.
Example:
write(0x14895A90, (0x14 ,0x64 ,0x8B ,0x6F), pid=0x2b)
write(0x14895A90, (0x95 ,0x64 ,0x8B ,0x6F), pid=0x2b)

And like I said in the previous post, change 95 to 14 right after clicking "OK" when changing a Mii into a QR code. Might take a few tries to get the timing right, but it shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes to get it though. If you are taking longer you might want to check if your pants are actually changing. Also since you want to minimize latency (lag) do it beside your wireless access point.

Last edited by jernk,

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you guys have posted this already, but for me, I managed to "fix" the home menu button bug by importing a Mii from Mii Plaza to Mii Maker. So maybe if you're still having trouble, try that.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been banned online wearing Gold pants? Also is it possible to Mii transfer to another system like the Wii U and still retain the gold pants?
I've had gold pants for a LONG time now and I haven't been banned lol. I don't think you can transfer from the 3DS to the Wii, as sharing stays off by default afterward. But I heard there was a method of getting gold pants on the Wii and transferring to the 3DS from there.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
And I just realized that Mii in gold pants stay in level 5 no matter how many times I met with them...

Last edited by Zhull,

Kajiarashi Suzaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is there a way to change your personal mii because it won't let me turn sharing off because its linked to my nnid
For me worked normally without any problem. And its linked to my nnid. I've streetpassed it a lot of time, played games which require online use of mii like Pokemon World Rumble and it was not banned online.
KQLBsRJ.jpg

Last edited by Kajiarashi Suzaku,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
For me worked normally without any problem. And its linked to my nnid. I've streetpassed it a lot of time, played games which require mii use online like Pokemon World Rumble and it was not banned online too.
KQLBsRJ.jpg
yes... I use it for streetpass mii plaza but, you can't use it online... I think??? Idk... I'm going to try creating a brawler mii with gold pants and i'll report back to you :3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes... I use it for streetpass mii plaza but, you can't use it online... I think??? Idk... I'm going to try creating a brawler mii with gold pants and i'll report back to you :3
change it to your personal mii?? no but, rumble world allows you to select any of your mii's for the game just go to edit your mii and choose change mii

Kajiarashi Suzaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

change it to your personal mii?? no but, rumble world allows you to select any of your mii's for the game just go to edit your mii and choose change mii
Ok! I'll wait report. And yes, it's my personal mii.

Last edited by Kajiarashi Suzaku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.