[TUTORIAL] Fiddler setup guide for blocking update server.

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Mr. Wizard, Apr 1, 2017.

1. doingitwrong

doingitwrong Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    yes, i did follow your guide, there was only one rule to add in the tut. while it was being blocked my access to the store is limited unless I try to enter right after boot. I will add the second rule and try again, thank you.

Mr. Wizard likes this.

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I'm on 2.0.1, and for some reason this only happens with games I have, not with eshop which is strange. (And I haven't used this tool.)

Edit: Does it say your required to update in order to use this software or is it just that nag for software. I kinda just jumped to conclusions.

Last edited by petethepug, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Mr. Wizard
    OP

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Guide was made before the second server was added. You can follow this post as I will endeavor to keep it updated.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/dns-to-block-the-updates-of-the-switch.465952/#post-7208328

I will fix my OP to reflect this.

4. doingitwrong

doingitwrong Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    United States
  5. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    im on 2.0.1 it will connect to the network but not internet and yes i restarted

6. RMZK

RMZK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    Mexico
    It only happens with the e-shop. It says that an update is required in order to open the software.

7. AnagraM

AnagraM Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    It works like a charm. Thanks for the tutorial !

Mr. Wizard likes this.
  8. tesnos6921

tesnos6921 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for tutorial!
    You can also add a redirect rule in Fiddler instead of using a DNS server, and you can easily toggle it.

Redirect Rule:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Pic:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Attached Files:

9. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I'm kind of confused with your guide.
    Do you have to include EXACT: in the settings?

In your 2nd post on another thread you said http://sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net:443 not EXACT:http://sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net:443
    I might just be stupid, but I can't figure out why you did that.

Also the list on mine isn't showing (The results tab only shows one HTTP thingy.) I followed all the steps and the system removed the update nag but I can't go online now (I'm stuck in lobbies when I connect and never time out.)
    Edit: Got it to work, had some firewall problems and some issues connecting the Switch to the PC Properly.
    Thanks.

Last edited by petethepug, Jun 20, 2017
  10. TheMCNerd2017

TheMCNerd2017 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    United States
    I followed your tutorial exactly and added in all the required domains to block, but now I cannot get into the browser through the 'Posting to Social Media' option in the user settings. It keeps coming up with an error stating that I need to re-login to the Nintendo Account. Attempting to use any other online features, like the Friends List, prompts me to do a system update.

11. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    They finally caught up to speed with people on older fw's. Its just a matter of time before people figure out how to bypass this to.

Give it some time, i'm sure someone will figure out a solution.

The proxy should be working but its having difficulties because of the new sys requirements.

TheMCNerd2017 likes this.
  12. TheMCNerd2017

TheMCNerd2017 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    United States
    Aww man, than's a bummer. Well the updates cannot download at all(comes up with a generic error), which means that the proxy does indeed work. One odd thing that I noticed though is that the Switch constantly attempts to connect to one of the domains that I blocked every minute now.

13. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
  14. Igettäjä

Igettäjä Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2015
    Finland
    Just tried this on 2.2.0. Set up Fiddler correctly, both "sun" and "beach" are blocked correctly (I get the red stop icons with them in the list). When trying to press "System Update" in Switch's settings, I get the error code 2137-8056, as expected:

[​IMG]

But, when trying to access the eShop, I still get the prompt to update the system:

[​IMG]

I even deleted the downloaded update by booting into recovery mode. Restarted a few times, no luck. Maybe this is something that has been fixed on version 2.2.0, I don't know. Just thought I'd report it. If anyone knows how to access the eShop without updating, I'd be glad to hear any information regarding it.

Last edited by Igettäjä, Jun 30, 2017
  15. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Its currently impossible to bypass that update nag. You'll have to update to 3.0 if you want eshop access.

16. SkulllKid

SkulllKid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    thanks!! i think they ask this but i don't undersatnd, it is necessary to keep open the program or we can close it? if we close the program it will keep working on background, or it turn's off?

17. AnagraM

AnagraM Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    You can close it, and it should still work in the back. You can see it in the icons in the bottom right of the computer.

18. SkulllKid

SkulllKid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    but it doesn't appear :$

19. cualquiercosa327

cualquiercosa327 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2009
    Hello ,i have the same problem.But now the update is no 3.0.0 being 3.0.1.
    Are someway to update to 3.0.0? I think i could if some cartidge game has the update,but i am no sure if they are someone.
    Thanks