Hacking [Tutorial] Dump Retail Pokemon XY/ORAS Saves to Gateway with Powersaves

angelc54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im doing every step and its still not working on pkhex i get the error message: file size/type. its in .bin someone please help

EDIT: i was able to open my save in pkhex but how do i export it using savedatafiller, but the export sav tab is grey'd out

MaNiAlJoWo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it necessary to use a 3DS with SYSnand 9.0-9.2? I tried it with an EMUnand 9.5 and step 8 with the max codes doesn´t work. it came a failure message.
Is here on gbatemp a friendly member who can decrypt my omega rubin save, that i can use it on my rom backup in gateway?

Edit: i have a 4.5 SYSnand (EUR) and a 9.5 EMUnand (EUR)

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get these steps to work for bravely default. Anyone having any success XORing for any other games?

GwOpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it not works , first i backup my pokemon oras (cia) with sdf. then i do all steps and put .bin(473k) in the I:\filer\UserSaveData\20150318204424\000011c5 and run sdf for import ,after import i run the game but says savedata is damaged , pls help me to resolve this!!!

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay so this is a pretty stupid bug in "Pokemon Gen VI Save Decrypter" when decrypting a save it seemingly only keeps track of your first 3 wondercards, anything beyond that gets wiped from the Gateway compatible output. I need to compare the saves to see if I'm missing anything else.

Otherwise great tutorial! I'm happy to have my saves back.

GwOpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so this is a pretty stupid bug in "Pokemon Gen VI Save Decrypter" when decrypting a save it seemingly only keeps track of your first 3 wondercards, anything beyond that gets wiped from the Gateway compatible output. I need to compare the saves to see if I'm missing anything else.

Otherwise great tutorial! I'm happy to have my saves back.

it works? it not working with my save i dont know if i failed some step

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
it works? it not working with my save i dont know if i failed some step

It turns out this bug only happens with my Omega Ruby save as all of my un-redeemed wondercards are intact on X.

Also GwOpa I replied in your thread but try removing the ".bin" from your decrypted save before importing, I forgot to and it threw up a corrupted save message for me as well.

Reactions: Margen67

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized today that Gateway Menu doesn't dump Pokemon ORAS savedata. Now I know. Awesome.

Will be using this in near future...

jeepingviini

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok So I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to get this to work because there wasn't one main guide that went into detail on how this process worked. Here is a guide with pictures that shows the entire process. I will be using Pokemon X to show this process but it can be done with any of the 4 GenIV games.

Things You will need:
Windows Computer
Pokemon XY/ORAS game
Powersaves Device
Gateway Cartridge

Software Needed:
PowerSaves 3DS software
Hex Editor, I prefer HxD
Pokemon GenIV Save Decrypter
PKHex
ChecksumFixer
SaveDataFiler (Google is your friend)

The Process:

1. Make A Backup of your Pokemon game through the Powersaves Software

a7876d6643.jpg

e2c49f6bfa.jpg

2. Locate the Backed up file and Copy it to a different Folder. It should be in C:\Users\{user}\Powersaves3DS

fc13db6ae9.png

02fd99ea8b.png

3. Make a Copy Of the save so we can restore it back to the card later.

e84c0ecfa3.png

4. Open the file that is not a copy in HxD and replace Everything from 90x9C to the end with FF by selecting it all and using Fill Selection under the Edit menu. Then hit Save.

dd0d27d9ba.png

6dad0b5785.png

5. Use Datel Checksum Fixer on the Edited Save.

63344168d9.png

6. Copy the Fixed Save File Back to the PowerSaves Folder and then removed the " - [Fixed]" from it. Then open back up Powersaves and Restore the Save File to your Pokemon Card.

841660064d.jpg

7. Put the Cartridge Into a 3ds that has a 9.0-9.2 SysNand and Run the game. You only need to run the game and get to the Language Selection Screen on XY/ORAS then hit the Home Button and close the game.

29fa527a61.jpg

8. Put the game Cartridge back into the Powersaves Adapter and Run the Item Slot 1 x999 code on the cartridge.

f6e3990944.jpg

9. Remove the card from the Adapter and then put it back in. Then Make a backup of the save that is currently on the card Name it save1Keystream.

55a94a34eb.jpg

10. Go into the powersaves folder and copy the save1keystream backup to your decryption folder.

78a639a660.png

11. Open the PokemonSaveDecrypter select whether you are decrypting XY or ORAS and in the first box select the save1keystream backup we made and in the second select the Copy of the Save for Gateway that still contains our legit save. Hit Decrypt Save and save the decrypted save into our Decryption Folder.

c0b005cb54.png

2eefcc02de.png

12. Open the decrypted save in PKHex. If Everything went well your decrypted save should open without any errors.

5f553d5a9c.png

13. If your save opens in PKHEX then you should be all good to import it into a .3ds or a .cia using savedatafiler. Make sure when you do, you import the save and also delete the securekey so that the game will recognize the new save file.

If you have any questions feel free to post them below or shoot me a PM.

Is there way to send PKHeX edited save back to game?
I have powersaves and i did edit save already.
I have R4i save dongle too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM