Hacking [Tutorial] Dump Retail Pokemon XY/ORAS Saves to Gateway with Powersaves

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you import the save using savedatafiler?

SDF's folder in the internal SD Card is titled "filer." In it are folder(s) that are titled with a string of numbers. The numbers is the date and time the save (titled main) was created. So 201501150719 (01-15-15 at 5:07:19 PM). In those are folders with ending numbers that represent the ID number of the cart. So my X/Y/OR/AS numbers are 055d, 055c, 11c4, 11c5 respectively. In those are the "main" files. In the SDF selection, go to "SD" and select the save, remembering which one is which based on what I just said. Import, and that's it.

Xelnok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDF's folder in the internal SD Card is titled "filer." In it are folder(s) that are titled with a string of numbers. The numbers is the date and time the save (titled main) was created. So 201501150719 (01-15-15 at 5:07:19 PM). In those are folders with ending numbers that represent the ID number of the cart. So my X/Y/OR/AS numbers are 055d, 055c, 11c4, 11c5 respectively. In those are the "main" files. In the SDF selection, go to "SD" and select the save, remembering which one is which based on what I just said. Import, and that's it.

Could I use this process to back up my eshop pokemon y save if I want to try downgrading to 4.5? As long as I keep the same 3ds could I update the 3ds later on (or use emunand) and then copy over the same save file and start playing it?

Thanks,

Tortitamal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there some way to backup a save from an original retail cartridge of Pokemon X/Y/ORAS (played on a non gateway 3ds with FW 9.2) using only gateway (without power saves)? So that in the unlikely case of save file corruption, I could somehow get my Pokemon back? Maybe through in game trades from gateway to original a game?
Or is there some way to backup the save with gateway and be able to get my pokemon back if I use a Powersaves later? Cuz I don't want to buy a powersaves device just to backup my games... but I still fear losing my Pokes to save corruption...

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have extracted my ORAS (eshop) save with savedatafiler.
Can I make it work on a .3dz? Or only .cia?

How do I inject my save? if it works...

angelc54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with this please help:
On step seven i restore my game and it doesnt go to the language selection screen and its just in the main menu i dont know what to do help!!

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want to keep your pokemon than just upload them on pokemon bank, and download them back into your "InsertPokémongametitle"rom.
  1. Update your downgraded sysNand from 4.5 to 6.1 with your retail pokemon card game (Pokemon X for example) :!:
  2. Download Pokemon Bank! (If you already did it before, just to test it, then maybe you have to pay for a license).
  3. Transfer all of your pokemon into the "cloud".
  4. Reboot your 3DS.
  5. Boot into gateway mode (with Webbroswer exploit)
  6. Press [SELECT] and choose "InsertPokémongametitle", (for example Pokemon Omage Ruby). Do not start the game!
  7. Click on Pokemon Bank and get your pokemon back from the cloud.
  8. After that, start "InsertPokémongametitle" and you should see your digimons.
  9. Now you can downgrade your 3DS back if you want.
But, 4,99€/$ just to keep your pokemon :lol: ... Gateway have to solve this....
I'm confused a bit by this, if you're upgrading your sysNAND and running the web exploit doesn't that mean your retail game is just running with the 6.X+ encryption keys? How will Gateway interpret the save when you downgrade again and you're back to using 4.X keys?

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I need a little help please. I have everything working up until the very last step, actually importing the save with Savedatafiler. How do I do this? I'm new and just got my Gateway a day ago, do I rename my save or something? Please help a noob out, I don't want to lose my 300 hours of playtime and Battle Maison trophies :ohnoes: So I guess what I'm wanting to know, how exactly do I import the decryped save to a cia or 3ds, and then where do I put it to make it work? Sorry for the dumb questions, but like I said, a day ago, I'm learning

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I guess Ancientboi would be Peter