Tutorial Creating a 3ds custom theme from scratch with YATA+ v1.1

Would you like a some videos on how to make themes ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I must be doing something wrong, because when I tried to load the theme I was working on to test it to see if i had to edit the bottom screen, it looked like pixel diarrhea.
I'm 99% sure my images are the size that they're supposed to be. Is there a colour limit or something?
w2IzOSS.png

i need to fix the spacing of the two images lmao
0cbQojm.png

Make sure in the theme settings you have both the Top screen and bottom screen Frame type set to "None" and the Draw type to "Texture"

So, I can't get custom SFX working at all even though I have it enabled in settings. I converted some wavs to cwavs and I inserted them into the theme. And I checked the cwav dumper and everything seemed to fine. But when I loaded the theme on my 3DS, my 3DS got an error if I tried moving the cursor. I could open and close the app I currently had highlighted on the screen but when I did that, it just played the default open and close app sounds.

The wavs must not be too long, also before conversion to cwav try to reconvert them to wav (even if they are arleady wavs) with format factory sometimes works

Reactions: Deleted User

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i created my custom theme and the music don't sound very good...
if with music you mean the BGM maybe you reduced too much the quality, take the original wav and reduce gradually the quality until the bgm.bcstm file is smaller than 3.3 mb, also if the music is from a video game you can find it here arleady converted to bcstm: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/

D

Deleted User

Make sure in the theme settings you have both the Top screen and bottom screen Frame type set to "None" and the Draw type to "Texture"
I made sure of that, but the same thing happened again.
Could it have something to do with the fact I'm using YATA instead of YATA+? Or that I'm using an existing custom theme as a base?
EDIT:
Nhd75wJ.jpg

Last edited by ,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I made sure of that, but the same thing happened again.
Could it have something to do with the fact I'm using YATA instead of YATA+? Or that I'm using an existing custom theme as a base?
EDIT:
Nhd75wJ.jpg
This is really nice! I like abstract themes! :P
Back on topic, you should use YATA+.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Troubleshooting time!
Do you have the latest (and greatest) .net framework?
Do you have Windows Media Player?
I tried to install the latest version of the .net framework and I got a notification telling me that it's already installed.
Yup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr