[Tutorial] Access Youtube via Charles Proxy on Switch (with working video playback)

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by driverdis, Mar 4, 2017.

1. 00Cancer

00Cancer Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    United States
    Make sure to check "enable rules" and "unmatched passthrough requests" on the autoresponder tab in fiddler and to also set the google redirect rule from http://conntest.nintendowifi.net/ to http://ctest.cdn.nintendo.net/

2. 98otiss

98otiss YANDERE DEV! YANDERE DEV!

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    in a folder, you skrub?
    I finally got it to work but, youtube videos, just say "This Feature is not available." I used the first method and my Switch is on update 3.0.0

3. StonedPurple

StonedPurple GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    I think they blocked it in 3.0

4. AecdArmy

AecdArmy Because Its Nintendo

Jan 4, 2016
    The Ninty Ninja HQ
    @driverdis You need to update the config for BrowseAnywhere, Nintendos New Connection Ping is http://ctest.cdn.nintendo.net/

I made a config thats updated to go to my site with everything BrowseAnywhere has.
    If you would like to go to another URL you can scroll down to the bottom of the page input a url without http:// and https://. Just click submit when you have the site you want in there.
    Example:
    https://uploads.ninty.ninja/i/vbysc.png

Attached Files:

driverdis likes this.
  5. driverdis
    OP

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β

I will do that soon. I have been busy IRL lately so I have not had the time to mess around with my Switch or to update this thread. I plan on sitting down and overhauling this tutorial sometime soon along with spending more time testing out what I can and cant redirect webpage wise to see if I can get video playback again. I will be moving on to 3.0.1 (already am on 3.0) so the chances of me finding some way to play videos back is slim.

6. Rimvydas220

Rimvydas220 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2017
    Ireland
    Can anyone explain how to do this?I don't understand.Step 4:
    Add the proxy server on the Switch via the Internet settings
    you will want to use "Your computer IP address:8888" as the proxy server and do not set verification.What am I supposed to do? I don't really know do I open a port?It was very vague.

7. unit220

unit220 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    You just need go into the switch's internet settings, select the network you want use, and then add your PC as a proxy. Simply, change where it says "Your computer IP address" with your machine's IP and place it in the address box and then put the 8888 port in where the switch asks for the port (below the address in Proxy settings). There is a myriad of ways to find your machine's IP depending on your OS, driverdis explains a method for windows earlier in this thread.

Also on another unrelated note, it does seem 3.0 has disabled youtube playback. Anyone got ideas how to get around this?

8. driverdis
    OP

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I have found no ways to play videos yet as it seems the video playback function was disabled on the browser and the first redirect method posted about no longer works. I am trying out a few ideas I have and will report back when I can achieve playback.

9. Rimvydas220

Rimvydas220 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2017
    Ireland
    Okay I have the IP address and Proxy port done but it doesn't let me save these settings. wait do I have to make a hotspot from my computer? because I'm just connecting to my modem instead of a computer.

10. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Ok so, I tried to do the proxy thing. What am I supposed to do?
    What I am trying is Proxy Settings > Server (My PC IP and port), but the Switch keeps telling me the information you entered is incorrect.
    Do you need to input it somewhere else?

What to do? The information is very vague indeed.

11. BandanaManJunior

BandanaManJunior Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2017
    United States
    'Looks at page' "Mmmhmm, ok that's pretty damn easy." Looks at how to connect to his switch. "THE FUCK IS MY SSID!?!" But seriously guys please someone help me with this.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

plz help me! what is my ssid!

12. PotatisKnug

PotatisKnug GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2017
    Sweden
    In a dark cave
    SSID? That's the network name.
    Ex: Larry's Router

13. MrMeanmoustache

MrMeanmoustache Newbie

Newcomer
    Sunday
    Netherlands
    So quick question, I have set my Fiddlr to this upload_2017-10-15_21-27-45.png

and my settings are this

upload_2017-10-15_21-28-16.png

so it all seems right, but now i have seriously no clue what i have to change in my internet settings on the switch, i have tried multiple things but i really can't figure it out. i assume on server your need your PC's IP adress and on Port the 8888, but my switch just connects like there is nothing going on, do i need to change anything in the IP adreess settings or DNS settings or do i keep that to automatic? i hope someone can help me because i cant figure it out. oh yeah they are both connected to the same wifi network because i wanted to see if that was required maybe, but is it possible to just use my Lan COnnection or does my switch then also need to be connected to LAN?

14. TheGreek Boy

TheGreek Boy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    guys i'm on 3.0 can i watch youtube on my switch????

15. PotatisKnug

PotatisKnug GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2017
    Sweden
    In a dark cave
    Nope. H.264 is turned off.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Go into cmd, type ipconfig and get your "Ipv4 address" In my case 10.0.0.4, go to the switch and edit your internet settings, turn PROXY settings to manual, input your ipv4 and port 8888 and try it out.