[Tutorial] Access Youtube via Charles Proxy on Switch (with working video playback)

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by driverdis, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Mckaos

Mckaos Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Awesome! Got it working, thanks.

2. driverdis
    OP

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    If your computer changes IP addresses, you can repeat the same steps to get it working again if it stops sometime in the future. You can stop this from happening with a static DHCP reservation but my tutorial is not going to cover that.

3. masterdd15

masterdd15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    So I've been following the Fiddler tutorial and everything seemed to work out fine, until this.

Nothing loads up in this window when I know stuff should be. Does anyone know how to fix this? I heard if you change something in the url it works I just don't know what to change.

Now when I go on my wifi it brings me to be registered but instead of google a blank page shows up.

Also link to the tutorial
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...tch-with-working-video-playback.463253/page-2

Attached Files:

4. mosb3rg

mosb3rg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    Ok so, heres the issue im facing, i tried the fiddler youtube specific method with farx, connection is fine, but when i attempt to goto the social media area of the user tab, im met with Support Code: 2810-1820 web-lp1.share.srv.nintendo.net Could not be displayed.

and since we cannot quickly switch off the functions and such of fiddler, if it senses the proxy it seems to not allow you to do anything that utilizes those nintendo servers.

5. driverdis
    OP

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I have a friend with the same issue and I still do not understand what is wrong. It works once to get to YouTube then it has that error forever.

On my computer, I used it for two days before I even wrote the tutorial for fiddler (with no issues). also my friend's computer does the exact same thing using Charles.

Have you tried the browse anywhere config? I would like to know if it works or has the same issue.

6. dreadwolf96

dreadwolf96 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    When I get to the point where I test the connection and it says "Registration is required to use this network." I click "Next." Then the browser pops up but its just a blank white page. Did I do something wrong?

7. mosb3rg

mosb3rg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    Truthfully we dont have the same issue based on what you described, my problem is specific to not being able to even navigate to the social media area to begin with, i get blocked from the jump. So im not really seeing how this tutorial was written and confirmed working, unless they now can detect this and the use of a proxy in the middle of the traffic, some mention has been made of there network being disabled while this bypass is in use. so if thats the case it feels like that might be happening here preventing this :D

so someone who has completed this process from start to finish if you could shed some light on this specific point of error, it just prevents moving forward completely.

8. driverdis
    OP

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Does the fiddler browse anywhere method work?, it uses the web portal login vs the social media tab.

I am trying to find out what is wrong as it seems to be a computer configuration thing as it works on my (and others) computers but yet my friend who has his computer on the same local network as mine fails to work with an error on both fiddler and Charles when going to the social linking page.

9. mosb3rg

mosb3rg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    browse anywhere works.. but due to the SSL not being honored its seemingly useless as a general rule, everything of value is HTTPS now. including youtube and google etc. if you cannot freely navigate once exploited its not useful yet. to the credit of dnswitch, that at least isnt trying to interfere with the SSL connectivity like processing through fiddler, or charles proxy options would, even mitmproxy for example in linux i tested this.. and you merely have to provide the autoresponse to get the results were after. Needless to say it just wont work for what we need if SSL is required. until we can install our own certs or at least have a general SSL bypass im going to pass on using this method moving forward. also certain websites load incorrectly because of that too certain portions might be called on from an SSL area of the website. some images etc. all around dns switch will be what i use for the time being. even if its a bit buggy by comparison. at least my companys multimedia website works, and we can get a proper media player for HTML5 i think we will be able to look into plugins for live content as well, seeing as it can already process playlists if there VOD. provided the codecs are correct for video and audio.

10. TeddyRoseKidd12

TeddyRoseKidd12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    I did this and It worked, While I was on youtube, it said it needed to restart. Then I couldnt connect back to the network, now I cant connect to my home wifi network. I can connect to others. Anyone know how to fix this. Im trying fiddler but it isnt working

I get an error saying its unable to obtain ip address

Last edited by TeddyRoseKidd12, Mar 17, 2017
  11. TeddyRoseKidd12

TeddyRoseKidd12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    Ignore my last comment. I reset my switch and router and it works fine. power to the people. No issues here. This works like a charm. Thank you :)

12. driverdis
    OP

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Fiddler passes HTTPS and does not interfere with it when using the Anywhere method. The social media one does as it has to to change the host header.

13. driverdis
    OP

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I have Fiddler set to passthrough mode for SSL so all https requests are passed to the Switch with no tampering. The Switch browser knows when a cert is mismatched and will tell you if you try to mess with SSL.

14. hyuma2

hyuma2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2015
    United States
    I followed all the steps and read the other replies in this thread, but I end up with a completely blank screen on my switch when I connect.

15. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    I've had this problem on certain computers before and running fiddler as admin did the trick.

16. Ghastly64

Ghastly64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Hi i tried the first method but when i tried entering my ip the :8888 was not accepted changing the port didnt work i only have my ip where it says proxy server

17. masterdd15

masterdd15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for responding. How exactly do I do that?

18. Sukorow

Sukorow Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    HowToCode?.com
    Just thought I would announce (cause I had this problem). If for some reason you're having problems connecting to the eshop when the proxy is off, and for some reason, you can only connect when you have it on, with everything disabled. Simply just restart the device (not sleep mode). Then try connecting to the eshop again with the proxy off. Weird problem I was having :D

19. ThomasRobertWade

ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2012
    You should ask this in the thread for the tutorial, rather than making a new thread about the issue. Also, you shouldn't be double posting.

20. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Right click->Run as administrator