[Tutorial] 3DS Screen Recording without a Capture Card (NTR CFW Method)

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by NekoMichi, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Funky_3000

Funky_3000 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2017
    France
    nvm i found what was the issue : the firewall blocked the "private server" , thus it didn't want to load.

2. watapon707

watapon707 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2017
    Germany
    Hey i wonder if there is a Patch/Plugin out there that lets me record Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon with NTR? I tried it with my current Viewer which runs perfect with Pokemon SUMO but everytime i start USUM it freezes. Help would be appreciated. I know there is a NFC Patch for Pokemon Sun/Moon which fixes this problem, but not for ultra sun/moon. Would be great if somebody could do that. Thanks.

3. Lady_Fall

Lady_Fall Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2017
    United States
    Hey there! I was wondering if this set up also works on the new 2ds? If so, I'd rather pick one of those up than the new 3ds.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Yes this works on a new 2DSXL.

5. watapon707

watapon707 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2017
    Germany
    Do you know how to record Pokemon Ultra Moon with NTR? Its the same problem that appeared when SUMO launched.

6. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2014
    United States
    Is streaming in ds mode still impossible?

7. NickD_Tv

NickD_Tv Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2017
    United States
    Does the NTRClient not support 11.4? I keep getting a connection interrupted message when I apply the memory patch.

8. LingFox

LingFox Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2017
    Italy
    I always get this error:
    Code:
    OK: Connected
    OK: Remoteplay initiated. This client will disconnect in 10 seconds.
    ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
    OK: Server disconnected
    OK: Disconnected
    OK: Disconnected

OK: Fixed it by switching to the ntr 3.6
    Any way to get the audio going on the pc? - Nevermind that, just got that double end cable.
    Does anyone know how to make the game lag\buffer less on pc?

Last edited by LingFox, Nov 22, 2017
  9. NickD_Tv

NickD_Tv Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2017
    United States
    This is what I'm getting

Connecting
    Connected
    Client will disconnect in 10 seconds.
    Unable to read data from the transport connection: interrupted.
    Disconnected
    Disconnected

10. Kyusetzu

Kyusetzu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2016
    Germany
    Germany

My Problem is, I won't get any stream on my N3DSXL, NTR3.6 :/

11. DECEPTICON

DECEPTICON Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2017
    United States
    Can someone please update NitroMac to play Pokemon games, specifically USUM? Cuz as far as I know, you can't send a memory patch using this particular program as oppose to snickerstream or kit-kat, which are windows programs. @[darkten]

12. NickD_Tv

NickD_Tv Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2017
    United States
    I was using the Nitro Stream GTK to send the memory patch and then using NitroMac, but I had to update my 3DS to play USUM and now the GTK no longer works.

13. SolaceAcheron

SolaceAcheron Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    United States
    I too am getting the infamous "ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall." I'm using a New 2ds XL, and the proper NTR with 3.6 (everything up to date), and I've attempted this on both PC and Mac. On PC it gives that error, on Mac the screen is just black. I can tell that the 3ds is receiving the signal because the screen flashes. Do I have to completely disable all firewalls from working, or do I just need a different router, and if so, what would you recommend/where do I go to block firewalls on Mac? I am currently using a Netgear router that does support 2.4/5 and yes, computers are on 5ghz wifi.

14. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I use the default windows defender and firewall, and made no changes to either and it works flawlessly for me. Also have a mid-range router, about $60. I can get got 30fps with both screens at full speed.

15. SolaceAcheron

SolaceAcheron Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    United States
    could you be more specific about the router?

16. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Asus RT-ACRH13

17. NekoMichi
    OP

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    For the users getting blank screens on NTR Viewer in Windows, please check the Windows Firewall advanced settings and exceptions list. For some weird reason, sometimes even if you set it to allow communications and manually add NTR Viewer to the exceptions list, the firewall will list NTR Viewer as being "allowed" but still block all communications for it. You'll need to go into the incoming and outgoing communications lists and manually enable both for NTR Viewer.

I don't know why this happens and it's pretty frustrating as Windows Firewall is essentially lying by displaying NTR Viewer as being allowed when it's actually not. By default, Windows Firewall will behave as if you've manually blocked NTR Viewer no matter what you select in the initial permissions popup.

Last edited by NekoMichi, Nov 23, 2017
  18. SolsticeTheEspeon

SolsticeTheEspeon Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2013
    Canada
    I have an issue! I'm running it on a mac, but when I try to load up Pokemon Sun or Ultra Moon as soon as the game starts ntr viewer just goes to a black screen and stays there. Help?

chpoit likes this.
  19. chpoit

chpoit Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Canada
    I have the same issue, streaming works fine otherwise.

EDIT:
    Actually, I found a fix, from the kitkat release thread:
    Play Sun/Moon Online/Offline with no Freezes:
    Open Boot NTR Selector like normal,
    Open Sun/Moon, Load the save file,
    Press the Home Menu,
    On kit-kat Click Connect, Go back into the game, Enjoy.

Last edited by chpoit, Nov 24, 2017
  20. Lithium_

Lithium_ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    One question that's been bothering me. Is the NTR Viewer starter kit required for Mac users? It's part of You will need section, before the whole PC/Mac thing, so I figured everyone would need it but it's never referred to in the instructions for OS users so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with it. I read it through a couple of times, but sorry if I missed something! x_x

Edit: Figured out why it wasn't working lmao it was for a stupid reason on my part

Last edited by Lithium_, Nov 24, 2017