[Tutorial] 3DS Screen Recording without a Capture Card (NTR CFW Method)

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by NekoMichi, Apr 19, 2016.

1. SeanIncorporated

SeanIncorporated Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    United States
    If someone gets a new 2ds, can they try this out on it, and see if it'll work on that system as well?

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    There's no reason it wouldn't. It just a n3ds in a different shell without a 3d screen. Similar to how anything that works on the o3ds works on 2ds, anything on n3ds will work on n2dsxl.

3. astrich

astrich Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    United States
    Hey, I just installed this and it works fine for everything except my GB/GBC VC titles; specifically, Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Yellow. It's discolored for some reason (example) and I cannot for the life of me figure out what could be causing it. Any help would be appreciated~

4. GregoBach

GregoBach Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2017
    Spain
    Yeah, I did everything but it still gives me that message.

5. linkgirl7

linkgirl7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2017
    Canada
    But how are you sure it works on the 2DS Xl? Have you tried it out?

6. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    It's already been proven that n2dsxl works identically to n3ds minus the 3d screen. It's the same hardware and software. I can guarantee that it will work even if I haven't tested it. I mean the b9s installation worked out of the box without modification to the installer or b9s, that's how identical the hardware and software is.

7. Alex119098

Alex119098 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    Deep Space
    How could I record 3DS audio if there isn't a way for me to change the input on Mac?

8. NekoMichi
    OP

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    You might need to buy a USB-audio adaptor that lets you plug a 3.5mm audio source into USB.

9. lencat

lencat Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Nvm. Found the solution!

edit: not working, again. It worked once, and then when I went back to my computer, Nitromac no longer was able to detect my 3ds and bring up the ntr viewer. What can cause errors? Do I choose 3.2, 3.3, or 3.6 from the Boot NTR selector? It's too bad there aren't any error alerts in Nitromac telling me what's wrong. The IP address I inputted is correct.

Last edited by lencat, Aug 13, 2017
  10. Changshou

Changshou Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2017
    Philippines
    Hi, I can't seem to get this to work on a Mac. What am I doing wrong? I installed the CIA file on my N3DS already, then downloaded NitroMac. I connected both to the network, launched NitroMac, put in the correct IP address, clicked the 3DS icon, but nothing happens. Please help. Thanks!

11. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    some times when i use the 3ds and i'm still hearing sound. after the NRT screen is gone how do you fix that?

cause when i try to reconnect i get this error with the 3ds sounds playing back like there's not ntr viewer

ERR: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Last edited by DJPlace, Aug 24, 2017
  12. NekoMichi
    OP

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Choose 3.6 from BootNTR Selector, then try starting a stream from just the Home Menu. Note that some games like Pokémon XY/ORAS/SuMo and Ocarina of Time 3D will disconnect your console from the router so you can't start a stream mid-game for those titles. You'll need the memory patch.
    Did you launch the .cia file from your 3DS first before launching NiTRoMac? Sometimes the first click does nothing but if you leave NiTRoMac open and click the 3DS icon again it works. Not sure why.
    What do you mean by sound? As in, sound is audible on the console even when streaming to PC? This is normal, as NTR does not stream audio.

13. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    i'm still hearing sounds when i shut down NTR Viewer and Nitro Plus. also what is the program's name in task manager

Last edited by DJPlace, Aug 24, 2017
  14. NekoMichi
    OP

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Weird, NTR Viewer isn't supposed to make any sound at all.

15. Kyusetzu

Kyusetzu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2016
    Germany
    Germany
    Okay.
    I don't know what to do anymore.
    N3DS XL, 11.5.0.38E, NTR 3.6, I'm sitting right next to our router, disabled firewall, phyton & framework installed, followed the instructions 1:1.

And I'm still getting a white screen.

What I do:
    I turn on my n3ds.
    I start NTR (3.6)
    Return to the homemenu.
    Go to Nitro, reenter my IP for checking reasons.
    Press connect.
    Getting a white screen.
    [​IMG]

"ERR: No data can be read from the transfer connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall."

Help?

16. chanpaolachan

chanpaolachan Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    Mexico
    Same happens to me. Have you solved it?

EDIT: When I click the NitroMac icon on the right it pops out a black window (where's there's supposed to be the 3ds screen). What do I do?

Last edited by chanpaolachan, Aug 30, 2017
  17. NetBoy

NetBoy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2016
    Hi all! I'm loving streaming from my new 2ds!
    Just a few things I'd like to ask-
    1) Is there any way to make NTRviewer pop into a sort of Fullscreen mode?
    2) There seems to be a fair bit of lag between when I do things and when they appear in NTRViewer. How do I make my video latency lower?
    3) Will there be support for streaming when using online functionalities? If not, how come? Is it because the DS can't handle it?
    Any and all answers appreciated! :)

18. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    1) No full screenmode for NTR Viewer.
    3) There is support. You have to be connected to your online game first (such as the PSS in Pokemon games) then connect to NTR Viewer and it should start streaming while you are online.

19. NekoMichi
    OP

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    1. There is no native full screen support, but if you have OBS you can create a new scene with just the NTR Viewer window active and then set that to display in full screen.
    2. This is a limitation of the streaming process, there's no way to make it real-time.
    3. What KunoichiZ said.

KunoichiZ likes this.
  20. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I use OBS to record my footage, but I never think about using it to make the NTR Viewer window full screen. :o

NekoMichi likes this.