[Tutorial] 3DS Screen Recording without a Capture Card (NTR CFW Method)

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by NekoMichi, Apr 19, 2016.

1. tivo76

tivo76 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Canada
    Hey staff

I am afraid of using this NTRCFW and the streaming mode on my N3ds on twitch because of the changing game bug incase i get flagged on twitch

2. tivo76

tivo76 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Canada
    why is this program so bugging for

3. tivo76

tivo76 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Canada
    is there anyway for someone to make a hotfix for this NTRCFW bug problem

Last edited by tivo76, Mar 25, 2017
  4. tivo76

tivo76 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Canada
    it NTR viewer thats softlocking the program all the time

5. NekoMichi
    OP

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    The game-switching issue is caused by NTR CFW itself, not NTR Viewer (these are two separate applications). This can happen if you run NTR CFW even without enabling streaming. As stated before, we are not the original developers of NTR CFW. NTR CFW is closed source, meaning that we do not have access to the tools and resources required to make any changes to the core functionality of NTR CFW.

6. tivo76

tivo76 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Canada
  7. tivo76

tivo76 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Canada
    is there someone out there that can fix this problem

Last edited by tivo76, Mar 25, 2017
  8. tivo76

tivo76 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Canada
    i just want to stream my nintendo 3ds without having to deal with any softlocks or glitches please

9. tivo76

tivo76 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Canada
    what does this mean

Copy *.bin files in ntr.zip to the root directory of sdcard, do not rename the .bin files.

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Can you stop posting multiple times please? We have an edit button for a reason. And that means exactly what it says. And can you please read what NekoMichi is telling you? Seriously. Stop.

NekoMichi likes this.
  11. squareadapter

squareadapter Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2017
    United States
    Just to be sure, I feel like I should ask for clarity. As of current there is no known way to freshly install cfw or ntr on a n3ds 11.3.0-36U correct? I'm just looking to stream games. Thanks for any feedback!

12. SubstaX

SubstaX Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, I have a question and hope that someone can help me. So I set everything up like mentioned and on one of my laptops this absolutely works. However on the other one it doesn't. I just get the white screen of death. I did already tried to deactivate the firewall and the windows defender, but nothing happens. If it is relevant, the one where it does not work is on windows 10, the other on 8.1. Hope that someone might have some ideas, what the issue could be. I only get around 25fps on the W8.1 laptop and my router is decent enough I think. I wanted to try it on my other laptop, which is one of the most recent on the market and very high end, so I might get better fps. Or does it have nothing to do with the PC's hardware?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by SubstaX, Mar 28, 2017
  13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Nope, there's no way as of now. You're out of luck.

14. NekoMichi
    OP

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Not sure if this will help, but try to install the latest version of Python and .NET Framework 4.0 on your Windows 10 machine. Also make sure to run the NTR software as administrator.

Stream quality and frame rate actually doesn't require powerful PC specs (case in point - NTR streaming worked at 60FPS on an Intel Atom Windows tablet), the biggest factor is your network. Make sure you have as few 2.4GHz devices connected to the same network as possible when streaming, and connect the PC via Ethernet if possible to further reduce wireless bandwidth congestion. Setting the QoS value to 101 and reducing quality to 90% may improve frame rate.

15. SubstaX

SubstaX Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Okay thanks for the tips. Well, I have .NET Framework 4.6.2 on that machine. Does it really have to be 4.0? And I tried to run it as admin aswell, which did not help. Latest phython version is there also. It's really weired. I don't know whats the problem on that machine.

So, about the devices, what are 2.4GHz devices? Everything connected to the router?

16. NekoMichi
    OP

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Sorry, I meant the latest version of the .NET Framework. Looks like you're all up-to-date with that, so that can't be the cause of the issue. Are you using something like Nitro Stream? Make sure both Nitro Stream and NTR Viewer.exe are allowed on the firewall.

2.4GHz refers to any device connected via 802.11b/g. If your router does not support 5GHz (802.11ac), then this means all wireless devices connected to the network. To be safe, just keep the total number of devices communicating on the same Wi-Fi network to a minimum when streaming.

As a last resort, look around for a spare router if you have one lying around somewhere and set it up as a separate network dedicated only for streaming. This is a last extreme measure though.

Last edited by NekoMichi, Mar 28, 2017
  17. AhTa

AhTa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    North Carolina
    Any tips or setting recommendations to get constant 30fps? I was recording yesterday to test the quality and had over 30fps playing MHGen but today when recording I cant seem to get over 10 fps....

Current settings:
    Quality: 90
    Priority Factor: 5
    QoS: 20
    Screen priority: 1

any tips or help would be appreciated greatly as I don't know why the quality varies day to day

Edit: Using Kit Kat. UWP for some reason flashes to black screen randomly and seems to lack in fps compared to KK.

Last edited by AhTa, Mar 28, 2017
  18. NekoMichi
    OP

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Set QoS to 101, connect PC to router through Ethernet. If possible, disconnect any other devices not being used on the same Wi-Fi network. If you are streaming the top screen only, set the bottom screen scale to 0 and the priority factor to 0.

19. AhTa

AhTa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    North Carolina
    Thanks!
    Ethernet isnt possible since im on the 3rd floor :( I am plugged in through ethernet on my wifi extender. And I like to stream both screens so I hope the QoS helps

Edit: QoS at 101 was the trick! Thanks my friend

Last edited by AhTa, Mar 28, 2017
    NekoMichi likes this.
  20. Xiaism

Xiaism Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2017
    United States
    Hi guys, I'm new to this whole thing. i'm doing step-by-step, but im stuck at installing BootNTR Selector via CIA. I'm currently on 11.3, and FBI doesnt work thru homebrew. Any one can help?