Hacking {TUT} Transferring your saves between backup launcher theta and Xi

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
I downloaded the GCMM and put it on my SD card, but when I loaded it in the Homebrew Channel, it didn't show any of my save files. What am I doing wrong?
Start GCMM with the memcard in slot A, then switch it to slot B. that worked for me.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I tried using Nugasa, and it was able to find my save files, but when I press A to back them up, it gives me tons of numbers and at the bottom it says "code dump". After that it just freezes.. is that supposed to happen?

Edit: Wow, I am an idiot. I did some searching and I found out that in order for it to backup properly, you need a folder on the ROOT of your SD card called GCSAVES. If you don't have that, then it won't work.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11811a said:
super mario sunshine working fine going to try a few more

GROAN...cant edit pikmin 2 file to large to edit in the free version of winhex are there any other free hex programs to fix the saves with

Google "freeware hex editor". There are some options, but I found HxD and think it's pretty good. Perhaps it should be linked in the first post in lieu of the shareware WinHex, if there's the possibility of many people running up against it's free version limitations.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I have another question, I opened both of the save files with winhex, but I'm not sure which parts I have to change. The guide just stated "the start" but I don't know where to start or end. By the way I am trying to edit a Gotcha Force save file.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
Okay, I have another question, I opened both of the save files with winhex, but I'm not sure which parts I have to change. The guide just stated "the start" but I don't know where to start or end. By the way I am trying to edit a Gotcha Force save file.

First 5 values should do it. It's the Game/Disc ID or something like that.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay here's what I did. I copied the entire file of the correct save file and pasted it over my corrupt file. After I booted the game up, it said the save file was corrupt. Is it because I copied everything into the file?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
Okay here's what I did. I copied the entire file of the correct save file and pasted it over my corrupt file. After I booted the game up, it said the save file was corrupt. Is it because I copied everything into the file?

I would imagine yes...
Why would you even do this? You realize you're overwriting the save data you're going through the trouble of trying to save in the first place don't you?

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes.. I realized that after I did it. The only reason I did that in the first place was because I was unsure of which parts to change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: