Hacking [TUT] How-to install Starfall (With Pictures and download!)

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mhkwong said:
its not giving me the option of installing "skip disk update" can you help?

get the newest version of starfall, the newest version is Starfall.5 cause there are older versions that do not contain that option

andyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be pretty simple but for some reason it's not working for me. Regardless of what I do, I can not get passed the warning screen. I've tried B+1 and B+2 but nothing happens. If I press home, it falls back to the homebrew menu

I'm using the twilight hack with firmware 3.2U

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This should be pretty simple but for some reason it's not working for me. Regardless of what I do, I can not get passed the warning screen. I've tried B+1 and B+2 but nothing happens. If I press home, it falls back to the homebrew menu
press together, takes a few attempts!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Once I install Starfall can I delete the "starfall" folder?
yes
smile.gif
best to keep it for future use though...etc..

Mike Shinoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yay just installed it works perfectly fine

Didn't install the Health Warning & Didn't install the Main Menu BGM activation

I like the health warning and the background music being there anyways.♦

Djinn68

Trophies
XP
Country
Right ive got the Pal version of the wii and it was on 3.4e and I have now successfully downgraded it to 3.2e.

Now the problems start..

When I try and install Starfall and I press B+1 it just comes up on screen with ....FAILURE.... EXITING......
mad.gif

For love nor money I cant get this to install
unsure.gif

I did leave this as I had been trying to install for 2 hours solid so I thought I would attempt to install CIOS INSTALLER.

It starts to install and I thought whoooo hooooo this is gonna work.. But as it got to the end of the install it comes up with an error of 1017 and fails to install..

Ive got everything else to work apart from the above 2 programs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what I might be doing wrong as I have spent over 4 hours trying to install the above 2 programs with no luck..

Thanks guys and any help is much appreciated..

All the best

Djinn68

Mac08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to install Starfall for a while now. I installed everything else properly like their guides said, but for some reason Starfall is giving me problems.

When it asks me to press the buttons to go onto the next screen, I press it several times, and nothing ever happens. I've probably been sitting here for the past 15 minutes just pressing it non-stop, and nothing changes. It's not frozen, because when I hit the home button it goes back to homebrew.

Is there something I am doing wrong that prevents it from continuing?

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mac08 said:
I've been trying to install Starfall for a while now. I installed everything else properly like their guides said, but for some reason Starfall is giving me problems.

When it asks me to press the buttons to go onto the next screen, I press it several times, and nothing ever happens. I've probably been sitting here for the past 15 minutes just pressing it non-stop, and nothing changes. It's not frozen, because when I hit the home button it goes back to homebrew.

Is there something I am doing wrong that prevents it from continuing?

Read the disclamer carefully
wink.gif

Press both buttons simultaneously.. (might take a few tries)

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
gp_amuro said:
hey, i got a "failed!" message when i pressed b-1.... and im on 3.2U firmware
press B+1 together first then B+2 together then B+1 together again and that is ( B and 1 or B and 2 not the + on the Wii Control
wink.gif
)

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the risk of being smacked with the noob bat, I'm having the same problem a number of people have already head:

1. Downgraded to 3.2U from 3.4U
2. Attempt to install Starfall but, no matter what button combo I try (and believe me, across numerous message boards this appears to be as arcane an art as they come with a lot of people suggesting 'keep trying until it takes' or 'it'll work eventually') it, eventually, gives me the "Failed! Exiting" message.

So, what am i doing wrong? Should I press B+1 once, twice, thrice and wait? Some combo of B+1 and B+2 (tried BIG MOE's suggestion, but no dice)? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ergo said:
At the risk of being smacked with the noob bat, I'm having the same problem a number of people have already head:

1. Downgraded to 3.2U from 3.4U
2. Attempt to install Starfall but, no matter what button combo I try (and believe me, across numerous message boards this appears to be as arcane an art as they come with a lot of people suggesting 'keep trying until it takes' or 'it'll work eventually') it, eventually, gives me the "Failed! Exiting" message.

So, what am i doing wrong? Should I press B+1 once, twice, thrice and wait? Some combo of B+1 and B+2 (tried BIG MOE's suggestion, but no dice)? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

I am having the same issue. Here's the story:

Was a 3.4U
Installed HBC using TW hack
Installed IOS16
Installed CIOS_Fix
Downgraded to 3.2U
Attempting to install Starfall and getting "FAILED" message as soon as I am launching the installer...

Anyone have a resolution for this?

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi!
smile.gif

This "How-to install Starfall" is more than simple!

BUT... i've seen on many other forums that installing cIOS Rev7 is recommended.

So my question is:
May i just only install Starfall for skipping updates & for the "brick protection"? (with the GC controller)

I haven't seen a clear answer about it.

Edit: My Wii is modded....

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yummy said:
Hi!
smile.gif

This "How-to install Starfall" is more than simple!

BUT... i've seen on many other forums that installing cIOS Rev7 is recommended.

So my question is:
May i just only install Starfall for skipping updates & for the "brick protection"? (with the GC controller)

I haven't seen a clear answer about it.
Yes, you select the options you wish to install so you could just select 'Skip Disc Update Check' or something and 'Start Rescue-Mode When Y is Held on GC Controller'.

Oh, and for people who wish to play their GC backups or originals through the disc channel (with either SoftMii or CIOScorp installed), make sure to disable the 'Region Free GC Games With Video-Mode Patched' because it gives a black screen when starting that game from the disc channel. If you plan to use originals through the GC Backup Launcher, it should be fine. However, this 'Region Free GC Games With Video-Mode Patched' option will prevent originals from loading in the disc channel. Just thought I should give a heads up 'cause it happened to me.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the latest softmii and preloader last night, do i still need to install softmii to play region free wii games? I also used anyregion changer.

DaveB316

Trophies
XP
Country
mine just says failed... exiting.

tried it dozens of times with no joy. im on 3.2e and dont know why it wont work.

any help would be appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...