Hacking Turning on Cobra mode makes PS3 nearly explode

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 19,038
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted User

OP
So I'm fairly new to PS3 CFW and recently installed Rebug REX. I turned on Cobra mode because its required for Multiman and I legitimately thought my PS3 was going to explode(its a CECHA). I've never heard it get that loud before. I sat next to it for a few moments and it just kept increasingly getting louder and louder and louder before I just pulled the plug on it because I was genuinely worried.

Is this normal should I be worried about it? Am I doing something wrong? I just want to make sure I don't damage anything.

D

Deleted User

OP
You should install webman if you don't have it already and you can use it to adjust your fan settings your Ps3 you won't explode it probably just wrapped up the fans when you launched cobra

D

Deleted User

OP
You should install webman if you don't have it already and you can use it to adjust your fan settings your Ps3 you won't explode it probably just wrapped up the fans when you launched cobra
I have webman installed, where is the fan setting located?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it happen when you run demanding games? Make sure its not getting loud because it's getting hot e.g. the vents need cleaning.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm fairly new to PS3 CFW and recently installed Rebug REX. I turned on Cobra mode because its required for Multiman and I legitimately thought my PS3 was going to explode(its a CECHA). I've never heard it get that loud before. I sat next to it for a few moments and it just kept increasingly getting louder and louder and louder before I just pulled the plug on it because I was genuinely worried.

Is this normal should I be worried about it? Am I doing something wrong? I just want to make sure I don't damage anything.
your more worried about a loud fan and causing damage........

you then pull the plug while powered and running which could have caused damage.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cobra is normally responsible for autobooting plugins (like Webman), therefore the Webman software fan control only gets applied with Cobra (at least in the typical setup)

(btw, is there any advantage to not using Cobra?)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
my fat ps3 is always at around 78C , will have to replace it sometime soon.
and the slims get hot too though.

they reach 70, from the ones i have seen downtown, and i believe they will quickly get worse over time.
so i guess i will stick to my fatso for a while.

it usually only goes near 78-80ish when i have some huge game running for over an hour, and also happens with some ps2 games.
cobra mode is hard on the console though, but i love it as it enables ps2 iso emulation etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...