Hacking Trying to Watch an MP4 Movie

Oak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to watch an mp4 video on WiiMC 1.3.4 and always get a crash when I open a video. I launch WiiMC from HBC.

I get a bunch of code on the screen and it says rebooting in 8 seconds or something like that.

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of a movie buff myself, and have a ton of Blu-Ray and 1080p and 720p.. your best bet is to try to encode at a HIGH quality DVD setting, thats about the max you will squeeze outta the little console that could.

D

Deleted User

You can use Plex Media Server on your PC and you will be able to Watch 1080p movie directly in the WiiU Web Browser.

Reactions: Margen67

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Plex Media Server on your PC and you will be able to Watch 1080p movie directly in the WiiU Web Browser.

Is there a tutorial somewhere for Plex? Maybe I'm a total dummy but I was never able to figure out how it works. I was using VidiiU for the longest time and now UsendMii, also is Plex the better option?

D

Deleted User

Is there a tutorial somewhere for Plex? Maybe I'm a total dummy but I was never able to figure out how it works. I was using VidiiU for the longest time and now UsendMii, also is Plex the better option?

Don't really know, I never tried VidiiU or UsendMii...

Plex is really a great MediaCenter, just try it !

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I encode my Wii movies with DVDFab Platinum, under a custom MKV profile:

Audio: 2 channel stereo AAC @160kb/s (maximum settings)
Video: H.264 @ 704x240 or similar resolution, 2048kb/s custom bitrate (Using a 37 inch tube TV, picture is DVD quality)
FPS: Same as source
No subtitles encoded, unless subbed Anime.

For some reason, when I use XviD in the AVI container, the picture will look fine, then slowly blotch to a weird pink color, then reset itself back to normal, and keep doing this until the video ends. Haven't tried XviD in MP4 or MKV containers yet, but I expect similar results...

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@ 704x240 or similar resolution,
Why? I mean the console chokes on standard res (with high bitrate) h.264 but 240 is a tad extreme, and the 704 bit is technically unnecessary because WiiMC downsizes everything to 640 or can scale to it, so you're wasting space.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Kind of a movie buff myself, and have a ton of Blu-Ray and 1080p and 720p..

watch-out-guys-clean.jpg

Op, I would also try the media server.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plex is working with DLNA devices, Chromecast and Web Browsers.
I was using PS3 Media Server for 5 years before I find Plex.

Just tried it this morning (then fell asleep cause I was tired haha) and woh! It is really really nice! I love how versatile it is and how it's cross platform compatible! I wasn't able to get my 360 to detect it which is a bummer cause that's where I'd like to stream music to while playing games but it's all good. Worked superb on the PS3 and Wii U! I'm definitely switching over to Plex now! :bow:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Why? I mean the console chokes on standard res (with high bitrate) h.264 but 240 is a tad extreme, and the 704 bit is technically unnecessary because WiiMC downsizes everything to 640 or can scale to it, so you're wasting space.

I didn't know WiiMC downscales the image further. I just know that the picture looks great at those settings. Really wish I could figure out the pink AVI bug though.

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: