Gaming Trying to upgrade my RAM...... again

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guy help, the last time I tried it rejected it. I thought I had it down for my computer I bought DDR double sided ram that supported 3 mhz's or somethin like that and one of them matched the one I have now I have established that my computer only takes "single" sided RAM, so can you help me find a 1gb that meets this?

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i'm also looking for a graphics card the graphics I have now but its on board and it eats my ram what do you recommend the one I have now is a nvidia 6800 (i think) but I want to be able to play some really awesome shooter games like F.E.A.R

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the info

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From that information, we ascertain (using a specification of the motherboard) that:

Your motherboard has:
QUOTE said:
Two DDR DIMM slots
Supports DDR 333/400 dual channel
Max Memory 2 GB

You are currently using one slot with 512MB, meaning one slot is unused. You should really buy your ram in a pair of identical sticks. What you can do is try to find a kit of 2x1GB PC-3200 DIMM ram for the best performance that you can get on that motherboard.

Here is a list from newegg of that: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;Order=PRICE

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Wintec brand looks good and this WILL work in my computer right? About my Computer, on a 1-5 basis how good do you think it is now, and how much better can it get?

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sjones900 said:
That Wintec brand looks good and this WILL work in my computer right? About my Computer, on a 1-5 basis how good do you think it is now, and how much better can it get?

That ram should work.

Your computer is quite outdated now, and your CPU might bottleneck the performance of a new video card, but you'll see a performance gain regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.