ROM Hack Trying to make a romhack for Project Mirai DX

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. It's been a long time since I last used this account, didn't feel the need to actually post.

After a bit of cleanup on my SD card, I started messing around with this. I dumped my retail cart with braindump and loaded a modified romfs with HANS just fine:

r2XwU2K.png

(Translation from here, the third line crashes the game as described here)

There's a bunch of parameters stored as plaintext files that are commented (in Japanese). I haven't done it myself, but it should be trivial to do things like modifying the timing windows or the life bar's leniency.
Glad to see someone else trying to do something as well! And yeah, I've looked through all the text files and most of the stuff I understood. you can change the profile card and even the background music for settings or rooms through the text files.

I'm trying to find a way I can open the .dsc files because those are the tracks/notes for the songs on what ever difficulty you play it on.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I swapped the Clover Club Touch Mode and Kokoro Tap Mode .dsc files around and it did some weird stuff.

I played Kokoro and since I swapped two different modes, the buttons that were on the track displayed as stars, which I thought was interesting. I thought it would load the images for that correct mode.

Also the .dsc files help load things for the stage. The part where Rin is supposed to be "flying", she was positioned up on some sort of chair which was made hidden in the correct .dsc file.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to do it, go for it. I personally wouldn't use it :P

And also some screen shots of what happens if you replace Kokoro's Touch.drc file with a Button.drc file:
scr_5_TOP_LEFT.png

scr_4_TOP_RIGHT.png

scr_2_TOP_LEFT.png

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread is old, but you can extract the 3d models by decrypting a CIA of the game, using PackHack, then openning nwbin and renaming the files to .narc and opening them with EFE and exporting.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dsc files arent at all (i think) the videos. they are the notes, lyrics, and some loading things. the pvs are in the nwbin folder.

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dsc files arent at all (i think) the videos. they are the notes, lyrics, and some loading things. the pvs are in the nwbin folder.
Ahhhh I see. Thanks! I see they're all BIN files, how can I convert AVI or MP4 files to that? Is there a specific tool?
They're not videos. Only charts, lyric timings, character appearance, stage appearance (not stage specific), and others. The videos r .moflex, which is only the openings and the Happy Synthesizer PV in the options. The anime PVs r in aet/aet_en, which r graphics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."