Hacking Trying to Compile Luma Nightlies

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see starting w/ 7.1 it needs firmtool as part of its progress, it gets most of teh way done then
make: firmtool: Command not found
make: *** [out/boot.firm] Error 127
c:\Users\xiond\Downloads\Work\Luma3DS>

i allready ran "python setup.py install" so should be installed and in path.
here's how my path looks like.
Df2NF4G.png

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
And where did it install to? I have no idea how installing Python scripts works on Windows. At the very least you could just put firmtool in the working directory.

Also, since we're on the subject, could someone see if this works for them? I just updated my build environment for the new Luma release scheme, but I haven't updated my 3DS to B9S yet, so I have no idea if what I compile works or not, especially since I'm getting a sed error at the beginning of the build. Below is the latest commit.

Edit: Turns out OS X's sed is just dumb. Fixed it by installing gnu-sed with Homebrew and editing the Makefile to use gsed. Note to all of you compiling on OS X.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: proflayton123

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And where did it install to? I have no idea how installing Python scripts works on Windows. At the very least you could just put firmtool in the working directory.

Also, since we're on the subject, could someone see if this works for them? I just updated my build environment for the new Luma release scheme, but I haven't updated my 3DS to B9S yet, so I have no idea if what I compile works or not, especially since I'm getting a sed error at the beginning of the build. Below is the latest commit.

Edit: Turns out OS X's sed is just dumb. Fixed it by installing gnu-sed with Homebrew and editing the Makefile to use gsed. Note to all of you compiling on OS X.
On Windows C:\python27\Scripts

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
yept but when its calle dby the makefile it acts as it isnt there.
Are you compiling it with cygwin or something? Does your bashrc have your PATH variables set properly? Also, have you tried just putting the script in the working directory (the same directory as the makefile)?

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you compiling it with cygwin or something? Does your bashrc have your PATH variables set properly? Also, have you tried just putting the script in the working directory (the same directory as the makefile)?
re read above , and no just a basic setup from when it was AuReiNand and didnt require cygwin, just python required libs and the command line window.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why not just use the Msys2 shell included with devkitpro, and putting all tools (3dstool, makerom, firmtool etc) in devkitpro\msys\bin\ ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16