Hacking Trouble with Xenosaga loading with webman.

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
I've got all my ps2 back ups on the hard-drive, and they work fine.
However, just recently I wanted to put xenosaga on.
It requires a split file, so I used ps3splitter, and split it into 666000, 666001 files.
Then put those in a folder, and copied it, using the 'paste as iso' option.
This has worked for all my other games, however, when I try to load any of the xenosaga's, it just boots me back to the main menu.

Help please.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,
It requires a split file, so I used ps3splitter, and split it into 666000, 666001 files.
This has worked for all my other games, however, when I try to load any of the xenosaga's, it just boots me back to the main menu.

Help please.
Why not use an ntfs formatted drive? Or ftp it over. The game works fine for me on the latest rebug using cobra. The split in this game is weird and can cause issues for software, but the untouched 8 gig or so iso should work.

Last edited by kevin corms,

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how do i do an ntfs formatted drive? I've plugged in a usb but it just tells me the usb.cfg does not exist. I set one up, but then I just got the permanent 'please wait screen'
Ftp sounds good, just an ethernet cord right? Or is there a guide I can follow?

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, sorry for the incredibly slow reply, just have been without internet for a while.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
keep in mind while the game works and you can complete it, "Running in place occurs when entering the AWGS Academy in the Kukai Foundation for the first time, making the area and its upgrades/sidequest inaccessible. The game can still be completed."
on the sony website they listed it as not finishable, but you can complete it even though you cant get the most powerful summon. Its actually possible to transfer the game saves to pc and use them in pcsx2 to get past that part, I forget how I did it though :).

Last edited by kevin corms,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Help please.

Make sure you have the latest webMan version. It is webMan MOD 1.45.10. Also make sure you have the latest version: Rebug 4.81.2 REX Edition and REX COBRA 7.5 EDITION. (Cobra is PS2 and PSP).

I had been used rebug for many years and always update it. REBUG is the best. Anyway, I have those latest installed on my PS3 SLIM and don't have a problem. Its awesome, really.

Crossvxm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Help please.

Little late to the party, but being that this is a 2017 post, I'll add my input for future reference. Why do people still use Multiman for NTFS when it fails to read about 9/10 HDDs you try with it? IrisMan and Gamesonic Manager (essentially the same Homebrew, different skins, etc.) will read NTFS with minimal fuss.

I have a CECH-2501 (Rebug D-REX 4.81.2) with a 1TB internal HDD, a 320GB external HDD (Hitachi, taken from another PS3) and a USB 3.0 HDD dock (2.5", 3.5" and SSD compatible). The HDD is NTFS formatted. Once you have it hooked up to your PS3's USB port (whether with an HDD dock or a SATA cable), simply fire up IrisMan or Gamesonic Manager, press start, look for File Tool (or such) and once there, you will see an option at the end beginning in "NTFS", which is your external HDD. Simply transfer the game to your internal HDD to avoid headaches launching from external. NTFS as we all know doesn't require dividing files, etc. The beauty of IrisMan and Gamesonic Manager is that they will transfer the file no matter how big, even though the PS3 is FAT32. I assume it divides it for you on the fly.

Why did I mention my entire set up? This is somewhat what I prefer everyone to have as internal HDD performance is much better (games like Beyond Two Souls and The Last of Us struggle greatly with an external HDD). I also have Xenosaga, on my internal HDD. Be awarw that there are some bugs with the PS2 emulation and this game (blank cutscenes, etc).

Hope this helps.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Little late to the party, but being that this is a 2017 post, I'll add my input for future reference. Why do people still use Multiman for NTFS when it fails to read about 9/10 HDDs you try with it? IrisMan and Gamesonic Manager (essentially the same Homebrew, different skins, etc.) will read NTFS with minimal fuss.

I have a CECH-2501 (Rebug D-REX 4.81.2) with a 1TB internal HDD, a 320GB external HDD (Hitachi, taken from another PS3) and a USB 3.0 HDD dock (2.5", 3.5" and SSD compatible). The HDD is NTFS formatted. Once you have it hooked up to your PS3's USB port (whether with an HDD dock or a SATA cable), simply fire up IrisMan or Gamesonic Manager, press start, look for File Tool (or such) and once there, you will see an option at the end beginning in "NTFS", which is your external HDD. Simply transfer the game to your internal HDD to avoid headaches launching from external. NTFS as we all know doesn't require dividing files, etc. The beauty of IrisMan and Gamesonic Manager is that they will transfer the file no matter how big, even though the PS3 is FAT32. I assume it divides it for you on the fly.

Why did I mention my entire set up? This is somewhat what I prefer everyone to have as internal HDD performance is much better (games like Beyond Two Souls and The Last of Us struggle greatly with an external HDD). I also have Xenosaga, on my internal HDD. Be awarw that there are some bugs with the PS2 emulation and this game (blank cutscenes, etc).

Hope this helps.
The file system of the ps3 internal hard drive isnt fat 32, I cant find what it is exactly either though. I think its probably based on ext3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol