Hacking Trouble with the M3

axlan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if there is an error in their instructions or my product is defective. I could get it to boot with no passkey in GBA mode but it gave the message Warning! Can not find card. I can get it to boot with the passkey set to passkey one, but the only thing it will play is DS roms. If I put it in GBA mode I get the same error about not finding the card. I have tried several cards with no luck. Im I doing something wrong? I havn't been able to run the set up rom because of this.

axlan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that might be the problem, but as you can see their site is completely down. Its good to know it might be the firmware at least, but how can I update it if it can't load GBA roms?

axlan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, thanks for the good replys but it looks like at least temperarily the cards are stacked against me. The firmware on the wiki is hosted by their site and thus also down.

Edit:some of the older firmware is working so ill try that
EditEdit:No luck! version 14 has the same problem. Im starting to think my models defective.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will have to find an SD card that does work with it before you will be able to update it. A cheap 64MB sandisk should do, if you dont have any other way to borrow/beg one.

Dont know whats up with their site though... Here is a rar with the 3.0beta software and e15, I leave it there for a day or two for you:
http://nds.cmamod.com/M3_3.0+e15.rar
(copy/paste the link to a new window/tab if clicking it doesnt work)

Better still though, djgarf put up a mirror too
wink.gif

http://gbatemp.net/djgarf/m3updates/

axlan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its weird. It obviously does read the SD since I can play DS games and update. I can't setup the passkey or do anything involving GBA games though. I mean obviously its not too screwed up but still why the heck can it only read the card in DS mode? Do you think another card might be better? I've tried some old 32MB ones and a newer 1gig one on both FAT and FAT32. What setting is passkey supposed to be on because mine only works passkey 1?

Edit:NOOO!!!!! updating to 15 makes it completely not see the card DS and GBA

S

stalingrado

I' ve opened a thread about M3 site being down. Now I've found this.

Can we put it in "sticky?". I think M3 buyers are being quite confused, since the site is down.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, since you are able to boot in NDS in passkey1 mode then you dont have to setup the passkey at all. You obviously have some cards that are working fine with it too...

Do you have flashme installed on your DS right now? (Im guessing no)
I have a couple of cards that it pulls up an error if I load the DS menu first, then press start to go to GBA mode. If I start the DS without PassMe/holding select to bypass flashme then those cards work fine in GBA mode... just not when switching from NDS mode to GBA mode using the start button.

The only things I can think of is possibly the initial firmware that was written from factory (the part thats not updateable, which seems to me related to GBA mode only) did not write proper, or perhaps the SDRAM could be not working, although this type of thing is not likely it wouldnt be completely unknown.

axlan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I do not have flashme installed. I have tried booting without passme but it always gives the card not found error. I just updated to 15 and it gave me a scare not reading the card no matter how I booted. It does work if I tell it to ignore the error and continue anyway, but only on DS mode. I'm pretty confused about what to do next. Is the whole thing in the instrucitons about setting up passkey unnesesary? I heard it lets you boot M3 with no paskey, though right now thats the least of my problems.

Edit:installed flashme:cool but no difference otherwise
EditEdit: It turns out the products official forum is still up. It turns out that this problem is caused by SD card incompatability. I guess I will need to find a card thats known to function before I can complain anymore. Thank you all this is one of the most responsive and helpful forums I've ever been on.

Ender15

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go with Kingston or Sandisk for SD.

I got a CF card, PNY works, but I don't know if a PNY SD works. It is the second best brand though, so it might work.

Here is my personal list

1. Sandisk (Anything from Normal to Ultra II)
2. PNY (Once again, dunno if the SD version works)
3. Kingston (Never used this brand, but it is one of the best)
4. Corsair (A bit of trouble at first but I showed it who was the boss)

The folks over at GBA the Movie Way are the foremost experts on all things M3 and GBAMP.

EDIT: SCREW IT, THE COMPATIBILITY LIST IS RIGHT HERE
biggrin.gif
LEOEDIN's WONDERFUL WIKI OF WONDROUSNESS!.

Hope that solved your problem.

Hoonon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having this same problem, I have the firmware on the stick and it still says "Can not find card. Please shut down and insert a Secure Digital card. Or press START to continue anyway." Pressing start takes me to a black screen and nothing happens.

Fondue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did not read all the replies, but I was thinking that maybe you did not insert the card correctly. Maybe you did not push it in all the way or something. I suppose that it could even be possible that you put it in backwards. (Doubtful, but who knows.) Anyway, I think you should take it out, make sure there are no foreign objects screwing up the connection (plastic, dusk, hair, whatever) Then, put the card back in. Make sure it snaps or whatever. I know my m3 micro sd has to click twice before it is in. ...so double check that to make sure it is not something simple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch