Gaming Trophy system - Switch

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always disliked the whole trophy system. Let the games themselves award me for doing things with unlocked content. And let the feeling I have of finding or doing something unique be something thats special to me; such things stop feeling so special when it's already programmed in to say, congratulations you found this secret easter egg!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well least like earn me free dlc with my platinum hard work trophies. That be nice. "earned a platinum trophy, well here is a free season pass for the game or a discount on some other kind of game" OR SOMETHING. I only have 4 platinums on psn, and yes i don't feel any reward for them, but it is what it is.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I won thousands of matches on Mario Kart 8, just winning and playing was more enjoyable than getting a digital trophy.

Yeah... no.
how old are you?

I just said they raise MY value of the console...and ALOT of other people. Also congrats on your Mario Kart matches, means nothing without the trophy so yeah. Never happened.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People that feel their console's value is increased by system trophies that literally do nothing are definitely operating on a more... special level.

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm a fan of achievements/trophies TBH, because they add an extra layer of challenge, helping with the replayability. Obviously, there are games with shitty trophies, as there are games with awesome trophies. I think it's nice to have a way to keep track of your performance and share with your friends, for example.

Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, Gunvolt and Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U are great examples of games with a trophy system of their own, but I still think that a "global system" is better.

Oh check this out, I been playing muramasa rebirth on psvita. Only 2 trophies away from platinum, guess what it is? Beat the game on hardest difficulty.... PROBLEM!

On hardest difficulty you ALWAYS HAVE 1 HP. One hit deaths? Yeah that is not gonna happen. :glare:

Muramasa Rebirth is easily one of the hardest plats I've ever had, but Fury Mode isn't as hard as it sounds.

You have only 1HP, but you block automatically as you do on Legend Mode. And besides this, if holding the Defense Button (it's required to change the button configuration for this) when taking unblockable hits, you can negate the damage and "stay alive".

If I can give you some advices: be wary about grinding because of the enemy scalling, and with that in mind, try to beat the "Night of Absolute Chaos"' Cave as soon as you can.

Last edited by thewarhammer,
Reactions: chartube12

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also i love how the question of why doesn't Nintendo have trophies turns into a argument on whether YOU PERSONALLY like trophies...people are so self centered.

This pretty much. Obviously not everyone like trophies but it does offer a good additional value if done right.
Personally, I don't care about trash trophies, but I did care when no additional trophies were added to Dark Souls 3 DLC, because those become a hunt for all the items of the game and you get an in game notification once that goal is achieved.

in ANY case, it's an added value, it won't do you any wrong if you don't like them, so please let people who genuinely enjoy them have them.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not use achievements as bragging. I use them as a type of bench mark to know if I am missing collectibles or items I didn't know about. Also many reveal some difficult task you didn't know were possible without them telling you so. They also add some reply value to games, especially multiplayer enabled titles.

xbox one's also act as wallpapers when earned. My only wish is the points they come with could be used like Ubisoft club's points. Used to 'purchases' unlockables or extras for titles. In addition in the US and Canada you get paid anywhere from .50 to 1.00 for rare achievements. Rare achievements are any achievement earned less then 10% of those who have purchased and/or played the game

Last edited by chartube12,
Reactions: Proust
D

Deleted User

Not necessarily trophy system.
Maybe a badge system which would calculate for how many hours you played each game, not necessarily "Super Secret Trophy" or "Platinum Trophy: Defeat Calamity Ganon 999 times".

It's kinda rewarding but lame at the same time. I just want a game to inform me for how many hours i did play it.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I'm not a fan of multiplayer / online based achievements or trophies. Difficulty based ones are fine in my opinion though, an achievement IS an achievement ;) It should be difficult to get them all. @Sonic Angel Knight

A perfect achievement system for me would be one divided into two: one for single players, and one for multiplayers. That way you can 100% the single player achievements, even if you don't want to bother with online matches. That's never going to happen though, but that's what I wish for.
With you, God I hate multiplayer achievements.

Reactions: Deleted User

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I actually hate achivements. They take away some part of the enjoyment in the games because mostly they're just trash. "Started game" "killed 10 orcs" etc. No thanks.

Reactions: duffmmann

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I remember achievements being a huge issue on halo 3 especially in lone wolf people wouldn't play but work together with enemies to try these lame achievements.

I hate it when someone says "what is your gamerscore? Bet it's not as high as mine!" It's funny how something useless becomes bragging rights lol.

Reactions: duffmmann

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some have said trophments are not a negative and I am going to have to disagree. Their existence has sort of ruined cheats in games*, though at the same time I have seen paid for unlock the game cheat DLC before so there is also that to contend with. First struck me on I think it was Skate 2 or maybe Skate 3 and I have since seen it in a few other places. I am all for encouraging certain styles of play via various in game means (game design is mind control after all), but it is truly a lazy way to set about it. I can sort or, just about, vaguely respect the metagame but would not lose any sleep over it getting broken.

*while the earlier games had similar things the message GTA4 popped up to say about using cheats and trophments ( http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats_in_GTA_IV ) is something that stuck with me.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't bother me that the switch doesn't have them, but if they did I would get all trophies for games I really liked as I am only a completionist at games I am really fond of. Right now there aren't any games like that for me on the switch.

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I like the achievements, is funny how I talk to someone and unlock an achievement, only games that I really like I would probably unlock everything, i haven't found one, even i didn't know they could be turn off, as long as you don't find painful to unlock something it won't bothers to you, something additional won't be a problem in this case, but seriously why not achievement system on a Nintendo machine, i find hilarious the placement of the two circle pad of the Wii u just because they want it to be different, and now the pro controller has the same placement as the gamecube like the Xbox controllers

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trophies are nice to have, nintendo has lots of pressure to add them when all other platforms have them. i think once they revamp their online service in fall, we'll probably get nintendo\s trophies

probably called medallions or coins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all