Trine2 ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by pwsincd, Dec 25, 2012.

Dec 25, 2012

Trine2 ? by pwsincd at 6:33 PM (446 Views / 0 Likes) 7 Comments

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Anyone tried it on eshop yet , its reduced price til the 31/12/12 the demo had me really tempted , any critics ?
    • Former Staff

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I had a little play at a friends and it's as every bit as brilliant as the PC version, very good looking too. This isn't something that I could imagine playing without keyboard and mouse but the Wii U controls are very intuitive. I didn't see the exclusive content though but reviews are saying it's very worthwhile.

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Its at a price around 11 quid at the mo , any ideas what its likely to jump too after the afore metion offer date ? yeah it was the looks that had me saying wow.
    Last edited by pwsincd, Dec 25, 2012
    • Former Staff

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    It was £13.99 so only a few quid saving but it's worth every penny especially with all the new content, there's more than enough game in there for the asking price. It's actually £5.99 on Steam now though.

Taleweaver Storywriter

Message Count:
    Belgium
    I just voted it as an essential title today (though I've got to admit I'm voting ALL of my games in there...as such, I'm not sure if I'm just too happy with my games).

What to say about it? Well...it's nice looking for a start (see also: pictures).

It has a leveling system where every level gives you an extra point to spend on abilities on the three characters you have. You can switch these abilities around as you go, which is probably intended.

The gameplay...it took some getting used to for me. With all that visual fluff, it was sometimes hard to correctly calculate a jump, shooting the grappling hook or arrows can be bothersome (how do you even manage to do that when playing co-op, btw?) and I have no idea how tell the warrior to make a jump while holding his shield above his head (I think I need two right thumbs for that: one to hold the button of the shield above him and another to press the jump key).

However, after an initial "normal" walkthrough and basic levels, the puzzles start to shine. Using portals, levers, pipes...there's a lot of depth in there. This can sometimes get frustrating, but it makes it all the more gratifying if you manage to actually SOLVE the puzzle.

The story is also well-written. You've got three different heroes who interact nicely (kinda like in Lost Vikings) and really something to pursue.

So...yeah. Even at full price, it's worth every penny. If you can get it at reduced price...go for it even more. :P
    • Newcomer

officialjunk New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    i got it bc of the sale too. don't regret it. the gameplay has some learning curve getting efficient at switching characters for their different abilities/strengths. i think it's worth it if you like platformers.
    • Newcomer

vdoggie New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    This and Nano Assault neo are absolute Indie games that MUST be on your list to buy! Trine 2 multi is fantastic! Next patch will ad voice chat and pro controller support.. REALLY fun game and at $15!!!!

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Trine 2 is v good , bought last night , and just now completed the first stage . Weirdly though theres a puzzle that requires you to stack boxes n a log to block a gate , now like a prick i waded in with the sword weilding dude and smashed the boxes .. Fuck no stackable objects aside from the one the wizaed can generate . So i go back a scene or two and carry objects forward .. bizarely as i pass through scenes with the objects the objects vanish but are still there.. seems like a texture glitch , as you can carry logs forward the log vanishes but the leaves remain on it , boxes vanish but you still stand on them and use them to get the job done .. which is how i overcome the puzzle piled up invisible items ,, fuck me was tricky lol... But seems theres some things that dont render in certain scenes.. Im sure some techie will explain

V good game though deffo worth the reduced or full price .. go get it NOW!!!

SPONSORED LINKS