Hacking ? triiforce + wbfs manager Channel maker + GC iso's ?

xorrox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so it has long since been established that if you want to play gamecube backups on the wii you have to burn them and install a backup loader... That sucks, tiny dvd's are a pain to find and way over priced, full sized dvd's are cheaper sure, but their size, fragility, and the resulting wasted space after a game burn makes it unpractical and frankly annoying. So, many people have simply decided to cast aside their GC title wishlist until someone finds a work around... Now forgive me for being a Noob if this sounds totally retarded but what about finding a way to patch a gamecube game into a wad? the wii already has all the hardware and settings to play gamecube titles, and we know what it takes to get the wii in and out of "gamecube mode", the scene has already hacked the hell out of the disc channel, boot2, and every single IOS, CIOS, MIOS, etc...

*BRACES FOR FLAME WAR*

What I'm thinking is - we now have triiforce, and triiforce mrc if you prefer a GUI, which are pretty stable and allow us to load wads from an external USB via NAND emulation. There are also a ton of PC side apps to make channels and wad files and such... Is it not possible to rip a gamecube game, extract the game files and then crush them into a wad ?!? - yea sure it would be huge but with the ability to load wads off the original NAND, SD cards, and even through NAND emulation, is there anyway we can pull this off?

yea ok, once into gamecube mode the wii will shutdown access to usb ports so using triiforce is out because it would depend on an exernal usb hard drive ... but come on i've searched high and low, here and everywhere, and there doesnt seem to be any news on even trying to find a work around... maybe in using a wad file to play the game we can trick the wii into thinking its a wiiware or vc title and it would maintain access to the usb ports... right?!? am i totally insane? Cause from my understanding gamecube titles use .elf or .dol to execute code, and many of the channel wad makers out there use .dol and .elf in order to make a homebrew title have its own wad file for channel installs, right? so do i need antipsychotics or is this feasible?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have no idea.

But, as someone who is still holding out hope for a Method to boot GC games from USB I'm interested to know if your musings could be turned into something feasible.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some comments:
First of all, in case you don't know this yet: you can burn multiple gamecube games on 1 disc. So theres not that much space lost.

Second: the disc channel hasn't been hacked at all. Backup discs can be run from the disc channel by patching the IOS the game needs.

And lastly: Its just not that simple to hack gamecube mode. Many elements have to be altered at once: The BC, Boot2, MIOS and cIOS.
They have looked for a way, but just never found anything they could use.

The only possible way I could imagine is to try and run GC games while still in Wii mode.

xorrox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am aware that multiple games can be put to a single full dvd, thats irrelevant to the main point though as gamecube games cant be loaded without burning them anyway and thats what im after - not having to burn a single or multiple title disc at all...

Also, its granted that I mistyped when i said they hacked the disc channel - it's fair point that any modification to it was done indirectly through the IOS mods out there... still the excessive number of hacks and mods out there lend hope that there is a work around waiting be to be discovered... which leads to my main point:

There isnt any news on any work being done one way or another... I have searched through dozens of dozens (yep dozens of dozens) of google results, varying the search parameters in a series of ways, with no luck - everything points to backup loaders, which require burning the games, but i dont want to do that - I have a 2yr old who is still teething, and if I turn around for a second he will happily destroy anything he can reach. Not out of malice, half out of fun of watching things come apart, and half out of trying to solve the irritation of new teeth coming in. Not to mention the many other reasons to be able to load from mass storage: games get lent out and never come back, games get stolen, scratched over time no matter how careful you are, also dvd's do have a fixed shelf life, and are susceptible to changes in humidity and temperature which, thanks to my landlord, fluctuate alot in my apartment (heat is included in my rent, is gas powered hot water heat, and i have no control over it.... its a shit apartment but its cheap)

Regardless, fact of the matter is, they got a way to load gamecube games off dvd-r and it seems that they all gave up from there... Like it was just a matter of making a way to get around needing the originals, and once they did, that was it... they've tweaked their loaders, made a few different ones, but they all rely on the same method, loading a burned game. If my suggestion is stupid, it is what it is... sorry but it was a thought, and i ran with it. In correcting me though, perhaps someone could please point me and the others to some news regarding some progress on loading gamecube games using any other method... Please?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xorrox said:
In correcting me though, perhaps someone could please point me and the others to some news regarding some progress on loading gamecube games using any other method... Please?

There is no news. It may or may not be possible to do what you want, but I don't think anyone cares.

ravagetalon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think the method you are proposing is feasible. The Wii's onboard memory is only 512MB. The problem is that GCN titles can't be loaded over USB.

xorrox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smf covered it - there is no news and no one cares - that takes care of it then - also, if a gamecube title could be loaded into a wad - we would effectively bypass ALL problems as with the use of triiforce, triiforce mrc, or even wii version 4.1 we can load wad files into external memory - infact even with an unmodded wii, as of v4.1 you can transfer a wiiware or virtual console title to an SD card. In our case, we would load the gamecube injected wad file via wadmanager and move it to the sd card...

but i understand that it would take a lot of coding and tweaking to figure out how to get the wii to read a gamecube title from the nand... virtual nand or otherwise...
no once cares as there is a way to play gamecube titles, lame as it is, it works - burn em, use a backup loader and dvd-r burnt at a low speed....

there is no news, as there is no progress because no one is working on it - again smf confirmed that and unless someone can PROVE otherwise, this thread can effectively be closed...

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
xorrox said:
smf covered it - there is no news and no one cares - that takes care of it then - also, if a gamecube title could be loaded into a wad - we would effectively bypass ALL problems as with the use of triiforce, triiforce mrc, or even wii version 4.1 we can load wad files into external memory - infact even with an unmodded wii, as of v4.1 you can transfer a wiiware or virtual console title to an SD card. In our case, we would load the gamecube injected wad file via wadmanager and move it to the sd card...

but i understand that it would take a lot of coding and tweaking to figure out how to get the wii to read a gamecube title from the nand... virtual nand or otherwise...
no once cares as there is a way to play gamecube titles, lame as it is, it works - burn em, use a backup loader and dvd-r burnt at a low speed....

there is no news, as there is no progress because no one is working on it - again smf confirmed that and unless someone can PROVE otherwise, this thread can effectively be closed...
Good point !

Hero Q8

Trophies
XP
smf said:
xorrox said:
In correcting me though, perhaps someone could please point me and the others to some news regarding some progress on loading gamecube games using any other method... Please?

There is no news. It may or may not be possible to do what you want, but I don't think anyone cares.

No one Cares ...?

the whole Wii user from all world waiting for Wii USB loader GameCube it will be Nuke Bomb in the internet when there is release Just look at wii wode jukebox it sell like a cake just cus it run a GameCube ISO from HDD

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One possibility could be to rewrite/enhance the mios or GC IPL (bios).
Means, to enable an usb /sd slot interface in the mios which will be available in gamecube mode.
Also a reconfiguration of Gamecubes High Speed Port to an USB Port could solve this issue.

It is possible. But someone with a lot of experience must take this project.
Imo waninkoko is one who maybe can do that. But sadly he left the scene.

This could also solve problems with Phantasy Star Online, Mario Kart Double Dash, 1080 etc which isn't working in Lan because of the missing High Speed Port.
It would be really a Nuke Bomb.
The compatibility would also overtake Nintendo's Gamecube Mode.
The Developer who creates such a solution would earn a lot of respect.

Hero Q8

Trophies
XP
what is really make me sad why no body working on it every good Hacker working on other crab software and they forget the Ultimate Software i will Never play My PS3 or X360 Or Wii Games From USB Loader Gx when i have Wii USB GameCube Just Remeber RE 0,1,2,3,4,CV or MG 1,or Mario Games,Metroid,Zelda and all your other Favorites Games In your HDD Cant Even wait i will Even Donat 1000$ to The one Who make the Wii Usb loader GC NOT JOKING Why...?

Cus i have over 400 ISO GC Games in My HDD and Tired from Burning them always I even Stop Burning Them
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs