Hardware Tri wing screwdriver size for Classic Controller Pro?

newmaneri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This controller was sitting in a desk since like June of 2010 and was collecting a lot of dust. Last time I used it there were no problems with it, and only used it for about 2 months. When I tried using it again this year, everything sounded just like it did when I first got it, except for the left bumper needing to be pressed down just a little bit harder. I could also see a lot of dust on places like the corners of where the analog sticks are. I heard stories and saw videos of people having problems like that, and just opening up the controller and cleaning it made it work like brand new.

I read that the size of tri wing screwdrivers needed for all Nintendo hardware screws were #Y0, but that was in only 1 forum. I searched pages on google to try and find the size needed for it, but it mostly came up with results of ebay or amazon selling the screwdrivers, not saying what the size is. Has anyone that took apart any Nintendo hardware know the size of the screwdriver tip needed to take these apart? Also, do they sell these screwdrivers in stores, or only online? I read on a site that tri wing screwdrivers are only mainly used for Nintendo products, so most stores don't feel the need to carry these.

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1