XP
Country
United States
I think a good way is:
1) unpack vpk
2) CRC32 check the files you need to change
3) Patch each file you need to change
4) repack vpk

You might have to go a level deeper if game files are also compressed.

Kisaragi Attention has good English lyrics already I think so I hope you include those. The PV for it has the Japanese lyrics on the screen, so you're good there in case people want dual subs.

Last edited by flame1234,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Side note: Does anyone know if it's possible to edit trophies from TROPHY.TRP? It's not a huge deal, but trophies will show up in Japanese on the system but translated in-game. I tried editing the file and it doesn't seem to change anything.

From some quick reading its looks like Trophy info is kept in a trophy_local.db file, its possible that TROPHY.TRP editing did work but since that data is already cached into the local.db it doesn't get updated? I believe its possible to delete games in the Trophy list, might be worth doing that and see if it works after that.

http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/tutorials/how_to_hack_and_modify_trophies.html
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46547

Last edited by DarkSynopsis, , Reason: Added Links

Plusi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I picked up this game the other day as I'm a fan of Vocaloid and IA but it was frustrating that I couldn't understand anything so, I'm really looking forward to the patch! Keep up the good work!

kftX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update (9/14/2016):
English translation patch v1.0 has been released!

All UI should be 100% translated.
The songs are transliterated (romaji) instead of English translations.

Instructions
Extract the data within the patch folder to /ux0:/app/PCSG00355/.
Overwrite any data as required.

Known issues
- Trophies are not translated on the system level (popup tips, Trophies bubble, etc). You can view all of the achievements in-game so this isn't a huge issue. I tried my best to get it working but it doesn't seem possible without great effort. I have the trophies translated and in the SFM file already if someone knows how to get this working, or a way to easily use it comes about.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i02i49l1c9qx93i/iavt_colorful_english_patch_build20160914.zip

Screenshots
QjbxjY6.jpg

Ye20qO6.jpg

6vH6HhP.jpg

cj2Tdfn.jpg

5L60rOq

HjTYRw0.jpg

n7ACl1v.jpg

nQsvlyi.jpg

Credits
Translation: Nagato
Programming: Nagato
Image Editing: Nagato, Vodka

Please report any errors you find so I can fix them in a future patch![/spoiler]

You have done a great job sir, I shall tell the world of your exploits :P

FruitsEve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can you release release a translation that has translated UI but no other changes? i dont need to do karaoke when im playing i just disturbs me and make the game ugly... sorry if i come as rude, i just dont see the point in turning it in to romaji, can u release version that leave all other parts of the game untouched except the UI?
EDIT: did i just become completly stupid? u basicaly just changed the names of the songs that were in japanese... sorry stupid me :D much thx.

I doubt any other good untranslated horror-related games will be coming out either.

Shin Hayarigami 1 + 2 ?

EDIT2: After checking the files i realize i was right... but i just dont copy the songs folder and nothing will change with the lyrics right?

Last edited by FruitsEve,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1