ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are a couple of screenshots of what I have translated so far.

2v9szn7.png
nda9n8.jpg

:D looks cool can't wait to see the first release

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like you got a real cool team there
Full of people I have never seen on a translation squad before.
Im really looking forward to seeing @[member='Flygon12345']'s part in this.
I WILL HELP
Seems legit.

I can bet that you wont be halfway done before the English rom comes out.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Translating Pokemon games that are a part of the main series and will definitely see a Western release is the biggest waste of time of them all, really. A waste of time AND talent.

I'd love the translators to focus on rare gems in the DS library that never saw a release in the west.
Agreed 100%! -_-'
So many good games released only in Japan and they never saw the light of day in the US. What a waste.

Reactions: 1 person

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I can help translate roughly, I already patched my game and translated a lot myself for an English translation, however I do not know much japanese so I have been using a translator to do this :P. I extracted all the txt from the game, I have never done a duel game like this before, I am assuming that most of the stuff in b/w 2 can just be copied over considering there are few differences?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know, the Pokestation page is mislabeled: "Katakana" is actually "Kanji".
This means that we can duplicate the translated files and place them over both Hiragana and Kanji.
Or maybe we could make the game dual-language, and just replace the Kanji files!

I've started work, but it's gonna be slow. I'm claiming 3_0000 through 3_0025 in Kanji for now.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is peculiar, I tried patching my rom with the English V1.0 patch but nothing seems to have changed in-game.
I don't see different pokémon names anywhere, not in status screen, pokédex or battle.

Edit: Ah, I know why.
My game had changed between the default Japanese to the alternate japanese, one's katakana, the other's Kanji.

There was an NPC dialogue in the original B/W that switched between the two for you, without going into the options screen.
I switched it back to default and now english names are displaying.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um...the point of this is? I mean unless you can have the game translated months before like the last team did with Black and White than I see no reason for this.I mean doesn't the game come out in a few months after the Japanese release is out?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So many good games released only in Japan and they never saw the light of day in the US. What a waste.
Excuse me what?
Its getting a US release in a few months ;O;
That makes no sense
I'm pretty sure he means it is a waste for this to be translated when plenty of other games have never made it across seas. Personally, I don't mind this game being translated. It gives me a taste and short practice run just before the English game is released. You kinda forgot his quote unless it was added afterwards....

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Woot the 1.1 english patch is nearly at the same progression now ! Gotta try it out now ! Couldn't wait months for an official release (especially for a lame storyline imo)

Thanks a lot !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol