ROM Hack [Translation] Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth)

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you so much for your translation! I have a question, I have a retail cartridge, is it possible to apply the patch on the cartridge?(Through HANS maybe? If I put the files in there and patch the game through HANS each time I load it up.) :) Your help is appreciated!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hans is not an option, it crashes the moment you select the game before you can even select what mods/settings to use.

there might be similar methods if you have a cfw, but you'd still need to download or rip the entire game because the patch is a "differences" file and not actual usable game assets.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hans is not an option, it crashes the moment you select the game before you can even select what mods/settings to use.

there might be similar methods if you have a cfw, but you'd still need to download or rip the entire game because the patch is a "differences" file and not actual usable game assets.

I currently have a *cough* CIA *cough* with the translation applied to it. I'll keep playing that one then and keep the game for display purposes. ^_^

JafersaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem,i instal a patched version of the game in my new 3ds xl, cia format, and the names of the party members are not showing, only the name of my character are showed

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is amazing! I was very curious about this game when the 3DS was bran-new but totally forgot about it. Will definitely have to try this some time soon. Thank you!

EDIT: so currently the only way to play the translation is with a CIA version? Can't use a physical copy, is that correct?

Last edited by SlimPortable,

MisterPantsEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone tell me how I can make the names of the other players appear? I made the 0004000000065C00.txt file in /luma/locales with "JPN JP", enabled region emulation on the Luma menu and deleted my old save with Savefiler. It's still not working.

Edit: Solved it. Had to remove the ".txt" from the filename.

Last edited by MisterPantsEyes,

WubstahWulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Labyrinth no Kanata.3ds wasnt in the zip file ? all i got are the xdeltaUI things ENG_Beyond_the_Labyrinth.Xdelta etc but nothing that is the actual game or even a cia of the game

i do have a cia of it my self with a english patch all ready applied too it but the names do not show up and was looking for a different CIA who might have done it better i am not sure what to do now and or how to get the names too appear i just want too fix that issue

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.cia/.3DS files are not allowed here, they are copyrighted files and sharing them is illegal.
the xdelta file is a file that contains the difference between 2 files so it can be used to turn 1 file into the other.

in this case to use the patch you need the original clean game file(rip your own cartridge, or find an illegal source yourself) and use xdeltaUI to turn the clean game file into a translated version using the .xdelta file.

this won't fix the names though.
the game gets a little confused trying to set the names when played on a non-JP system.
to get the names readable you need to configure your CFW to force the game's region and language to japan and japanese, and then start a new game so the proper names are registered into the save file.

WubstahWulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.cia/.3DS files are not allowed here, they are copyrighted files and sharing them is illegal.
the xdelta file is a file that contains the difference between 2 files so it can be used to turn 1 file into the other.

in this case to use the patch you need the original clean game file(rip your own cartridge, or find an illegal source yourself) and use xdeltaUI to turn the clean game file into a translated version using the .xdelta file.

this won't fix the names though.
the game gets a little confused trying to set the names when played on a non-JP system.
to get the names readable you need to configure your CFW to force the game's region and language to japan and japanese, and then start a new game so the proper names are registered into the save file.
i am have been trying to find stuff onregion emulation etc but could not find it

Patuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, Im going crazy here, here's what I tried so far:
I made a txt file called: 0004000000065C00 in /luma/locales with "JPN JP" ;enabled region emulation on the Luma menu and deleted my old save with JKSM. It's still not working.
tried and readed the old posters solution and nothing. (Don't know how to use savedatafiler, and my problem was not the file name extension)
anyone can help me here!

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok, Im going crazy here, here's what I tried so far:
I made a txt file called: 0004000000065C00 in /luma/locales with "JPN JP" ;enabled region emulation on the Luma menu and deleted my old save with JKSM. It's still not working.
tried and readed the old posters solution and nothing. (Don't know how to use savedatafiler, and my problem was not the file name extension)
anyone can help me here!

Are you on Luma 7+? If so that is not the right directory.

It would be "/luma/titles/0004000000065C00/locale.txt"

locale.txt would still contain "JPN JP"

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
@Nagato GUYS HELPP PLEASE!!! I DOWNLOADED THE PATCH BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TUTORIAL...

IT SAYS FIRST STEP

1. "Spend 2 to 3 hours googling under advanced searches making sure that the language is JAPANESE and the REGION is JAPAN or CHINA; alternate between those two as there is where you will have the best chance of downloading a 'torrent-o' of a japanese game"

2. "Now that you have failed and wasted your time almost getting mal-ware'd by asian phising websites it's about time you make use of your 3dsISO club rights and DEMAND that you receive a japanese .3DS file of this game that matches the hash compatible with the translation patch"

3. "Nothing matters anymore except finding the japanese rom that will receive the delta patch. It is no longer a matter of morals, ethics, laziness or even money: your only mission in life is to find this freaking ROM and apply the freaking delta patch on it"

4. --- RUMINATE ON WHY THIS IS SO IMPORTANT TO YOU AS IT IS INARGUABLE THAT YOU HAVE LITERALLY WASTED AN ENTIRE HALF DAY GOOGLING FOR A ROM ---

5. "You'd seen it before during your googling, a site for sore eyes with the name 'NICO' brazenly announcing it to the world. Right at the top, the first result, it says: fresh Labyrinth_no_Kanata-JPN-Kirin-part1.rar! Extra, extra, part2 incoming! Get it now!"

6. "You knew it wouldn't be this easy. The JPN ROM that bastard Nico is selling...? It's unpackaged... Your nerves spasm and you barely notice it, as your stare lifelessly at the thread for the game's translation patch and say the following aloud: Duh, of course the patch wouldn't work on an unpackaged ROM... since I was born have I ever had any luck? It would be weird indeed if I had any now!".

7. You begin to resent with a boiling wave of emotion the author of the translation patch. You suddenly remember:

"By gawd I've freaking done patches too! I did patches for japanese Wizardry games and worked my ass off, alone and teaching myself along the way how to hopefully translate Elminage games, although that was always a mere pipe-dream.

...how in GOD'S NAME CAN HE MAKE IT SO HARD FOR THE PLAYER TO ENJOY HIS TRANSLATION PATCH!".

The words ring loudly and you're uncertain if they were spoken aloud or not. As an amateur translator yourself, your own "code" dictates that the only reason to do a translation patch is to make sure people play it and to always remember that the more obscure the game, the smaller the size of the apparent fans wanting it, the stronger the emotion and the purer the work will be in the end as there is nothing in this world save but the grace of god Himself that can stand next to the brilliance of a modder/translator/hacker/scripter refusing to take himself seriously and remembering that what they are doing is already illegal because they do not own the product and therefore are violating many regulations and the like; and that they are not doing something like a translation patch for any sort of fame, for any kind of recognition, and obviously not for any money as the idea itself is simply ludicrous.

A man who does a translation patch does it so people can play the game. Patched. That is the only reason why a patch is made and it is so now and forever it shall be so. It is the translation patch's author's GOD GIVEN RESPONSABILITY to make sure that anybody who wants to play the patched game can do so if they so desire and uploading the obscure game they so lovingly patched to an "Emu-Site" is the bare minimum that he ows his audience.

Yes, he owes it to them. To the players. Because without them there is no translation patch... there is only a man making a translation for a language that shall never be spoken...

For the record, you can find the games I've co-patched by googling "the", "iso" and "zone". I personally uploaded the .ISO files and made sure to leave a link to the translation patch in the comments field of that place that would lead the player to the "rom" "hacking" website where they can find my patch.

I hope to god you find the spirit of christ within you, my son, my brother, my cousin of Adam, and do the same.
You could buy the game, dump the .3ds file and apply the patch, or afaik it was uploaded prepatched to the usual places in CIA format, the simple fact is it's made hard not for fun or to laugh at people who don't understand how to perform the patch but to keep the patch completely legal, so no, unfortunately no uploading rooms to gbatemp or links to prepatched roms.

And for the record a translator can translate something and make it impossible for people to use it, it's not something your owed, just be glad the OP took a long timetranslating the game and making the patch in a legal shareable manner, if you want to make it easy to pirate feel free to go upload it all over the place, but it's not the authors intention to make it easy to pirate, just to translate the game

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Julio Sotomayor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
don't worry guys, i'm working on getting the patch into a decrypted .3ds soon. i'll make sure it's as widely circulated as possible. nothing will give me greater joy than doing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk