[Translation] Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Jun 16, 2016.

1. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I just wanted to say thank you for all the people who made this came true. the original gameboy release was probably my most favorite game ever on game boy, and listening the soundtrack and able to play it again made me almost want to cry. I have been visiting a psychologist recently due to anxiety disorder problem, this game is one of those games that provide me some sort of comfort space.:D

JasonPK92 and PhantomBanger like this.
  2. SixChamber

SixChamber Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I can't believe theres an english patch! hate to bump but I love you guys <3 made an account just to say

JasonPK92 and Helmax like this.
  3. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    i found version 2.0 on FreeShop titled DQMT will theRosalina method work for it??

4. Severus15

Severus15 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The english patch sounds too good to be true. I would love it.

But sadly the installations instructions are .... not so good .... and impossible to follow when you cannot run them.

I'm sorry but I am not that experienced with Translation hacks. Never used one before. I have Luma3ds CFW installed. Is there any way to download and put it on the sd card so Luma can run the Game?
    All patches I tried so far worked that way and as mentioned I can do a lot, but running .exe files is nearly impossible.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Nimrod-002

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    try to find an already patched cia on google (like i did), otherwise try harder

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

why are you (the OP) ignoring the fact that a version 2.0 exists?

6. Severus15

Severus15 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Well try harder is a bit difficult. Instructions include .exe files and I do not have any access to a pc who can handle these kind of executables.
    But I will try to find a prepatched Rom, but this will be kind of impossible....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. PhantomBanger

PhantomBanger Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2011
    Would play the absolute shit out of this game if I could get the patch to work.
    Don't want to risk CFW on my 3DS so tried multiple times to do it on my PC, just won't work.
    Can load the regular rom, but can't get the rom patched and loaded. No idea what to do.
    Tried to look for a prepatched rom, no luck there either.

8. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    TSU...no.1 in tha hood
    Hmm, I am sure the pre-patched files are still floating around the internet.

* discord can be your friend *

Have no experience with PC- 3DS emulators...but a simple physical 3DS CFW (custom firmware) like B9S (boot9strap) should handle this game with no problems.

While it seems that "Freeshop" is a simple was to obtain the base game...you may have better success with a pre-patched CIA file.

To sum up, make sure your CFW is updated to the latest version and grab/installed a pre-patched CIA of this game.

Do report back to let us know how it goes !

9. JasonPK92

JasonPK92 DQ Fan Translator

May 16, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The instructions are as simple as they can possibly be. There is no updated patch for Luma 7.0+ because we released the game back when HANS/NTR CFW was needed to run translation patches. Google "terry's wonderland 3d english rom" and you'll find what you need.

The easiest way is to simply hack your 3DS, as I can't think of anyone that has played the game on Citra.

10. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    Version 2.0 is from a different region as far as I am aware. 1.2 was the highest at the time this patch was released

If I recall, 2.0 was an eshop release, the was never a 1.2 patch from the eshop for retail carts

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you can't take the time to understand what you are doing then do what JasonPK suggests, and Google for a prepatched one or something.

11. Nimrod-002

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    do Versions 2.0 and 1.2 have any improvements

12. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    They were corrections to the scripts on their end, and some bug fixes in their code but that's all I know. No specifics or anything worth mentioning

13. Nimrod-002

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    ok thanks great work, playing through the game right now.
    would it be possible to install the 2.0 eShop version and add romfs files to the luma folder to load the translation like for Puyo vs Tetris, if feasable this would be the easiest install method for non-advanced users,

14. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    Dump the romfs files. Add them to your SD card in the proper directory and yes. That's how it works for every games and luma

15. Nimrod-002

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    i dont know how to dump the romfs files nor do i know which files have been modified to put in the proper directory; i am suggesting this as an official install method for people who couldn't figure out how to do it the current way. but you have to provide the modified files, but first test the eShop version's compatibility.

Last edited by Nimrod-002, Oct 16, 2017
  16. Nimrod-002

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    which folders beside ''Message" in romfs/data are modified

17. Nimrod-002

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    I guess we're not doing thi. Frik

18. JasonPK92

May 16, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Capture.PNG

Last edited by JasonPK92, Oct 25, 2017
  19. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
  20. JasonPK92

May 16, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You'd have to ask Z6n4 (aka @Helmax) for permission.