[Translation] Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Jun 16, 2016.

1. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    configuring this to play on 3ds or citra is surely a nightmare. I wish squenix publishes this on ps4 instead of giving us dragon quest builders. this is the best thing from my childhood :(

2. zombone

zombone Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    I'd just like to let you guys know there's a nice trick for those wanting to play this on Citra. First, for those that don't know how to get it to run, follow the instructions in the FAQ titled "Dumping System Archives and the Shared Fonts from a 3DS Console" on the Citra website.

Now the trick I am talking about is actually pretty cool imo. It removes the depth of field blur:
    before.png after.png

Not only that, but it greatly increases the speed that Citra can run the game, since it doesn't render the post processing effect. To do this, before rebuilding the rom (there is another sort of trick to turning a cia into a rom playable in Citra. I can give details if anyone wants to know), go to the folder ExtractedRomFS\data\Model and locate the file DepthOfField.bcmdl. Simply delete that file and rebuild your rom. That's all there is to it. Unfortunately, this won't work on a real 3DS, it just freezes up.

sllp2020 and JasonPK92 like this.
  3. DomiKing

DomiKing Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    Gambia, The
    does anyone know how coop attacks work cause i just randomly did one and i dont know how i triggered it
    also do you know some easy to get s rank monsters to unlock the s floors of chance gate

Last edited by DomiKing, Jul 2, 2017
  4. sllp2020

sllp2020 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2012
    Sao Tome and Principe
    noob here can you show me in detail?

5. sllp2020

sllp2020 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2012
    Sao Tome and Principe
    HI just want to say thank you, my game went went from 15 to 30

Last edited by sllp2020, Jul 14, 2017
    zombone likes this.
  6. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2016
    Using a recompiled 1.2 cia of the game and i still saw the issue with the King having the "!?I3" in the end of a sentence. Is this a normal issue on 1.2 still or did something went wrong?

7. Escroticeiloveyou

Escroticeiloveyou Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    Brazil
    Please, somebody help me! :(
    I'm Brazilian and I'm using google translator because my English is basic.
    I have an original cartridge copy that I use in a 3DS USA through the HANS free region option. I have only homebrew channel installed. I do not want to install other methods to unlock the 3DS.
    I swear to God I'm trying to patch the HANS with the CODE and ROMFS option but I can not. Actually, I can not understand, I just read that it's possible.
    Sorry but I'm asking someone to create for me the file that CODE can read and apply the translation so that I can finally play in English with the Japanese cartridge. I think ROMFS is not good for that.
    If they can help then thank you. If they can not, thanks in the same way :)

8. Escroticeiloveyou

Escroticeiloveyou Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    Brazil
    Regardless of whether or not I can use the translation, I am grateful for creating it.
    I hope they make for the Monsters 2 remake too.
    I hope Enix brings the Joker 3 Pro to the West officially :)

And again, thank you very much for the translation ^^

AyanamiRei likes this.
  9. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    Maybe I should update these steps to include luma.

10. Drwho0894

Drwho0894 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    Hey guys I was thinking of making a Menu translation for DQXI. I was wondering does this game use the .pack files? If so how was you able to open and edit them?

11. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Nov 18, 2016
    Kinda saddens me that nobody has jumped to help on this. Wish i knew shit about this otherwise i would help out. All i can do is give you encouragement.

12. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Just wait a little bit? Its coming to the US.

13. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Nov 18, 2016
    7-8 months isnt exactly a "little" bit. If the guy wants to make a thing, let him find help to make the thing happen. This post was unnecessary. Sure we can argue that the patch is unnecessary to but c'mon now.

14. PhantomBanger

PhantomBanger Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2011
    Hi all, I've only just discovered this translation existed and I was super excited when I did! This is one of my favourite games and I was always sad we didn't get it here.
    I tried to get it to work on Citra, but I just can't seem to get things to work properly at any stage, even with following the instructions.
    Is there anyone still around in this topic that could help me at all? Would massively appreciate any help that results in me getting to play this!

15. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Does anyone have any sort of NTR knowledge? I was wondering if anyone was smart enough to create a 2X or 4X EXP multiplier for Terry's Wonderland. I want to play the game normally (so I don't want to just enable the Max Exp code, but I want to ease up the grinding just a little bit.

breaktemp likes this.
  16. falconcrest

falconcrest GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    Underground
    i second this request..plus a infinte item usage code+infinte mp

17. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    TSU...no.1 in tha hood
    Like how to use the cheat codes for this game ?

I recall someone coming up with one for Items, EXP, and Money.

Hmm...there was a thread where someone complied all of the NTR cheats for 3DS games.

* should still be in that topic, if the links were not deleted *

But really, you should not have to grind until the post game...just make sure you connect to wifi everyday to get the free gift SS Rank monsters for breeding skills and such.

18. ryuragnas

ryuragnas 3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2007
    Anyone got any idea of how to patch version 2.0 of the game? It seems to be the only version I am able to download via CIAngel.

19. greatnate1211

greatnate1211 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    hey for some reason after i installed the game using fbi it wont let me run it the screen that pop up says an exception occured please help me

20. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Seconded. Also @Helmax can you update the steps for Luma Rosalina?