Hacking Translate PSP games?

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
FireEmblemGuy said:
No offense or anything, but your grasp of grammar concepts suggests you really aren't ready to start translating anyways.
QUOTE(ZeWarrior @ Dec 21 2009, 04:15 AM) This. Go find something else to do if you're that bored.
Please don't say that, everybody got to start from zero. I want to learn translating PSP games too, but it's harder than translating nds rom. Someone said you need to know language program like C++ or C# to translate PSP games, and you can't hex edit the iso directly like some nds roms.
Don't worry about KH BBS, I think it will be localized.

Reactions: X0Reactor

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well some other guys and me translated Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G to german.
The most problem was the little availability of japanese knowledge lol
We were able to edit the required file directly (after decrypting it), but yeah, char limitation.
Then someone developed a tool to convert those files to simple-to-edit txt files and implented a repoint feature. So fine!
But the best was that another fan/developer developed a PSP Homebrew to directly patch the game from the PSP! So you could have various language patches and didn't have to use PPF or that!

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
_eyCaRambA_ said:
Well some other guys and me translated Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G to german.
The most problem was the little availability of japanese knowledge lol
We were able to edit the required file directly (after decrypting it), but yeah, char limitation.
Then someone developed a tool to convert those files to simple-to-edit txt files and implented a repoint feature. So fine!
NDS roms have char limitation problem too, romhacker make text editor to solve this problem.

When you're translating MHP2G iso, did you unpack the iso? Or extract certain file(s)?
What program did you use to decrypt the iso (file)? What program did you use to edit (translate) the file? Any other programs/tools which are needed? Can you give the link to get those tools&programs?

QUOTE(_eyCaRambA_ @ Dec 21 2009, 10:41 PM) But the best was that another fan/developer developed a PSP Homebrew to directly patch the game from the PSP! So you could have various language patches and didn't have to use PPF or that!
What's the name of this PSP homebrew?
Thank you
smile.gif

Guillo1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously doubt doing your own translation of PSP games will be as easy as just editing the XML file or whatever on a regular rom. However, if there's people doing it, there's a forum out there where those people discuss it!! Thing is, there's a reason why most of these projects are done in groups. But I'm afraid most PSP games will end up being translated to English anyways, so it may end up being a moot effort.

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Nice job....last post before yours was over a year ago....
Not to be a dick, but I've NEVER seen an issue about bumping old threads. What if someone else wanted to read what's in this thread? It would save them the time for creating another thread on the exact same subject. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Not to be a dick, but I've NEVER seen an issue about bumping old threads. What if someone else wanted to read what's in this thread? It would save them the time for creating another thread on the exact same subject. Just my opinion though.

Just what i thought. (me bumping after 3 years)

I'm also starting to learn programing in C++ and just downloaded UMDGen v4.00 now in future :3 i feel like traveling through time..

Last edited by Metoroid0,

TekRya

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried find tools for translate yu gi oh 5D 6 tag force someone can help please.
Just registered to ask you if there has been in any progress? I've been messing around with Tag Force 3 and seeing as how they're quite similar games maybe the tolls you found can help?

Serenno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Story is not trasnlated is have 40k strings .Omarrrio translated what is show in this thread. So far i translated some of caracters : akiza insky,(uniform school akiza) shery le blanck,carly carmine,luna,misty lola and wisteria.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think projec is dead i no got any answer from omarrrio and his team. 40k strings is harsh translate take wille. I used old metod translate like how i did on chaos ring 3 for android. Is triple harder and wil take my 4 years for complete alone 100% story.

MarmaladeBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Aiming to centralize the info, so it's easier to find, I'm going to copy & paste my comment from:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-psp-game-translation.293560/
-----

I want to add my 2 cents here:

Bunkai is tinkering with the PSP digivice, to hopefully see it fully translated someday, he is writing what he does and all the sources he finds in rhdn to help that game and any future PSP translation, link here: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=35699.msg437896#msg437896

Now, to give a heads-up without opening external links, you need a program to obtain the files from the UMD or the ISO, and people use umdgen and apache3.

After that, you can extract files from the cpk with CriPakTools.

Later you'll need to search through the files and texts with the tools you all have already mentioned and some others like QuickBMS.

Besides, the current emulator and debugger of choice for that console is the PPSSPP.

- Regards

PS: With that many PSP translations that exist nowadays, honestly, one would think there was a good or at least complete guide to get started using that console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol