Hacking Transferring from EmuNand on Old3DS to B9S on New3DS

AlexShannon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Yep that should work - I only ever used tikShop in my own transfers but I don't see why backing up the tickets on the source and restoring them on the target wouldn't work (I have been telling people to do that and no one has come back and complained that it didn't work).
Okay, what exactly do you use tikShop for in transferring?

AlexShannon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
System transfer successful, but for some reason my installation of the CIA version of the Limited Edition of Fire Emblem Fates isn't showing up, even after I restored everything. It shows up in JKSM though....
Also, is there a way to keep my old 3DS from formatting itself after the transfer?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
System transfer successful, but for some reason my installation of the CIA version of the Limited Edition of Fire Emblem Fates isn't showing up, even after I restored everything. It shows up in JKSM though....
Also, is there a way to keep my old 3DS from formatting itself after the transfer?
If it shows up on JKSM, can you extract the save and reinstall it, then import the save again?
No, but you can restore a pre-transfer NAND backup to make it go back to how it was (minus NNID).

AlexShannon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
If it shows up on JKSM, can you extract the save and reinstall it, then import the save again?

Be somewhat difficult to do that since I've never played it. Guess I need to undo the back again and reinstall the CIA. Good god this is some bad design.

No, but you can restore a pre-transfer NAND backup to make it go back to how it was (minus NNID).
Gotcha, I've got a bunch of sysNAND backups of it, but from the sound of that, I'd be better off starting from scratch, since I'm planning to use it as an experimental system to implement new updates/mods/etc on before I use it on my New3DS.

AlexShannon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I think the problem is the fact that it's a dump of a physical-only game which doesn't have a ticket for eShop download. Everything else has worked fine so far.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep that should work [...] (I have been telling people to do that and no one has come back and complained that it didn't work).
Eh, it kind of worked.

It dumped all non-system titles to the homescreen and wrapped them up with pretty red bows. I Wish I'd saved my layout before the transfer, but I forgot the feature even existed.

Like OP, my personal dump of FE Fates disappeared, along with a couple of ROMhacks and a sole homebrew app (not sure why).

Aside from that, all went smoothly. Thanks for your help!

I think the problem is the fact that it's a dump of a physical-only game which doesn't have a ticket for eShop download. Everything else has worked fine so far.
I ran into the exact same problem with FE Fates SE, along with a couple of ROMhacks and a single homebrew app. I'm not sure why exactly, but it's definitely not solely because it's a cart only release.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.