Hardware Transfering ROMs to GBA cartridges?

Sacrifices

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I was looking online, and I've only came up with devices like the EZ Flash IV. I'm looking for something that allows me to transfer a ROM to the actual GBA cartridge, not something that uses SD cards of any kind.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Short version. No, doesn't exist; it is called a Read Only Memory dump/image for a reason.

Longer version. Technically you could head down the path of the repro set which have been seen to cannibalise existing cards and solder extra chips in there. For the time and effort though you are better off buying a flash cart.

Sacrifices

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short version. No, doesn't exist; it is called a Read Only Memory dump/image for a reason.

Longer version. Technically you could head down the path of the repro set which have been seen to cannibalise existing cards and solder extra chips in there. For the time and effort though you are better off buying a flash cart.

Is there any tutorials on making reproduction cartridges?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of the style* that would use an original game then no, not that I have seen. From the various fake game or not threads around then it seems people have a flash memory chip soldered onto an adapter board which in turn goes where the ROM chip of the original game would have gone. At one point a similar technique led to one of the better GB/GBC flash carts ( http://reinerziegler.de/readplus.htm#Home made carts , today most people would use the everdrive offerings) but for the GBA it is far more hassle than it is worth.

*there are a variety of ways people have made GBA repros, adapting an original cart is one of the least common.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person