Hacking Transfer Retail Game Card save to .CIA Game with Save Data Transfer Tool?

T3Sm0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to follow Queno138's method but when I start SaveDataFiler from CFW with my Zelda OOT Retail cardrige inserted, it always says SD card has been removed. Any ideas?

T3Sm0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you VerseHell. Doing this I was able to use SaveDataFiler to dump user save data from my retail Zelda OOT to SD Card. Next I will try to import this save into the CIA version of the game. Hopefully I can regain my progress. Wish me luck.

EDIT: IT WORKED!!! Thank you guys so much. I am so happy to be keeping my progress.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, did not understand what you are saying.

okay it's not that complicated, as I finally got it to work.
It's just a pain in the ass to execute cause CFW is buggy.

Here is how I got it to work:

1. Have different SD cards
Use a different SD card for CFW.

2. Install CFW.
I followed "Part 2" of the steps here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/
Except that I did not install devmenu/bigbluemenu.
I ONLY installed savedatafiler that works for CFW.

3. Use SDF to backup retail carts
Once in CFW, I insert retail cartridge, and back up the user save. (bottom screen, left tab, top most option (might read as "CTR"))
If need to back up more than one cartridge, exit SDF -> change cart -> enter SDF

4. Insert CFW SD card onto PC, and copy the entire "FILER" folder
The root of the SD card, should have a folder called "Filer".
copy it, as it contains all the backed up, decrypted saves.

5. Paste "Filer" into GW SD card, and import the saves!
Enter Savedatafiler on GW.
bottom screen, third tab.

It will show a list of entries, which the last values are usually the title id.
(Example user: <some values> : 00000308<- the underlined values are the title id. this example is mario kart)

when you move up and down on d-pad, different items will be highlighted.
To import the save to the cia game, just press R+A (import this user save data to SD Card)

I got my Asphalt 3D progress transferred over, like finally!

Note: I made my Asphalt 3D cia to have the correct save size (128KB).
Not sure if this will affect importing, if save sizes are different.
Probably not though, as I assume SDF will encrypt to fit the correct size..?
I don't need to do step 1 in https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok thanks :)

Edit: Don't you need to do step 1 in order to do step 2?

IIRC, step one is to create a 9.4 emunand using MT's code,
which we won't need.

All we need is 4.5 emunand in CFW to run SDF,
which step 2 effectively creates the 4.5 emunand.

I referenced step 2 to create the CFW, and that's all.

I think these are the "truncated steps"
(I changed a few parts to avoid confusion; most of it is the same)

1. drop Gateway's Launcher.dat on it (a fresh SD card)
  2. Boot into the profile exploit using the same method as earlier (going into Settings --> Other --> Profile --> DS Profile). Navigate to "Format emuNAND" again and run it.
  3. Once it's complete, remove the SD Card and plug it into your computer.
  4. Run the emuNand tool you downloaded earlier (use v1.01 only) and press “Extract emuNand”. Save the file as emuNand.bin somewhere.
  5. Now, drag the emuNand.bin onto the bat file that was downloaded. After a while, a resulting REDNAND.bin will appear.
  6. In the emuNand tool, press “Inject NAND into emuNAND”. Select the REDNAND.bin file, and just ignore the warnings about not finding NAND.bin.
  7. After it’s done, delete everything on the SD card. It should only be a LAUNCHER.DAT file that you have to delete.
  8. Now, copy everything from the SD Card folder in Palantine CFW onto the SD card. Delete the launcher.dat, and rename the launcher_gw.dat to launcher.dat
  9. Insert the SD card into the console and boot up. It will create software management information. Take the SD card out again and open it on your computer.
  10. Now, in your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that. There should be another, so open that too. You should see a exdata folder.
  11. Make a new folder (not inside the exdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db” or “import.db”. Doesn’t matter which.
  12. Insert the SD back into the system and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset your software management information, so allow it to do so.
  13. Now, go into Other —> Profile. Hold down the L button, and tap DS Profile. If all goes well, the bottom screen will flash white and the CFW will load. If not, simply reboot the system by holding down power and trying again. Make sure to hold L while you do it.
  14. Now, once you’ve gotten into CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx)
  15. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CIA folder. Replace the DevMenu_2x.cia part with the name of your CIA, and the IPTOMODIFY with your IP.
    (for this step, just send Savedatafiler over instead of devmenu. No need to install cias when all we are doing is ripping saves)

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, step one is to create a 9.4 emunand using MT's code,
which we won't need.

All we need is 4.5 emunand in CFW to run SDF,
which step 2 effectively creates the 4.5 emunand.

I referenced step 2 to create the CFW, and that's all.

I think these are the "truncated steps"
(I changed a few parts to avoid confusion; most of it is the same)

1. drop Gateway's Launcher.dat on it (a fresh SD card)
  2. Boot into the profile exploit using the same method as earlier (going into Settings --> Other --> Profile --> DS Profile). Navigate to "Format emuNAND" again and run it.
  3. Once it's complete, remove the SD Card and plug it into your computer.
  4. Run the emuNand tool you downloaded earlier (use v1.01 only) and press “Extract emuNand”. Save the file as emuNand.bin somewhere.
  5. Now, drag the emuNand.bin onto the bat file that was downloaded. After a while, a resulting REDNAND.bin will appear.
  6. In the emuNand tool, press “Inject NAND into emuNAND”. Select the REDNAND.bin file, and just ignore the warnings about not finding NAND.bin.
  7. After it’s done, delete everything on the SD card. It should only be a LAUNCHER.DAT file that you have to delete.
  8. Now, copy everything from the SD Card folder in Palantine CFW onto the SD card. Delete the launcher.dat, and rename the launcher_gw.dat to launcher.dat
  9. Insert the SD card into the console and boot up. It will create software management information. Take the SD card out again and open it on your computer.
  10. Now, in your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that. There should be another, so open that too. You should see a exdata folder.
  11. Make a new folder (not inside the exdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db” or “import.db”. Doesn’t matter which.
  12. Insert the SD back into the system and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset your software management information, so allow it to do so.
  13. Now, go into Other —> Profile. Hold down the L button, and tap DS Profile. If all goes well, the bottom screen will flash white and the CFW will load. If not, simply reboot the system by holding down power and trying again. Make sure to hold L while you do it.
  14. Now, once you’ve gotten into CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx)
  15. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CIA folder. Replace the DevMenu_2x.cia part with the name of your CIA, and the IPTOMODIFY with your IP.
    (for this step, just send Savedatafiler over instead of devmenu. No need to install cias when all we are doing is ripping saves)
I appreciate your help, but do you know if I can restore a save in SDF to a retail Pokemon X?

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For pokemon you need to set up. Rxtools. So you can boot. 9.6 emunand. You mees to make a back up of your emunand and. Big sd card. Install pokemon legit cia. In gateway emunand. Then install rxtools and update thst emunand. To 9.6. Download the save data transfer toil from eshop. Then you will be able to put. The save fron the cart into the legit cia. Inject your old. Emunand to tje sd card then rip the save with sdf. Only problem is it will erase the save on tje csrt and you wpnt be able to put it back. Theres a guide on here somewhere where somebody helped me do this.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For pokemon you need to set up. Rxtools. So you can boot. 9.6 emunand. You mees to make a back up of your emunand and. Big sd card. Install pokemon legit cia. In gateway emunand. Then install rxtools and update thst emunand. To 9.6. Download the save data transfer toil from eshop. Then you will be able to put. The save fron the cart into the legit cia. Inject your old. Emunand to tje sd card then rip the save with sdf. Only problem is it will erase the save on tje csrt and you wpnt be able to put it back. Theres a guide on here somewhere where somebody helped me do this.
Is there anyway to inject a Pokemon X save back into the retail card?

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi and sorry to necro this thread.

Can I inject a .cia save file on a retail cart? (just the inverse of what is discussed here)

Or just can I create a backup of my save file and when I pop inmy cart, it will restore the file/save?

Thx in advance everyone

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi and sorry to necro this thread.

Can I inject a .cia save file on a retail cart? (just the inverse of what is discussed here)

Or just can I create a backup of my save file and when I pop inmy cart, it will restore the file/save?

Thx in advance everyone
You can use jk's save manager to backup the save from the CIA and then inject it into the cart

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, this is what I do.

1) Get CIA of game I own in cartridge form
2) Transfer game save from cartridge to CIA using Nintendo's Game Save Transfer Tool
3) Use JKSM to extract save from CIA
4) Restore save from CIA back onto cartridge
5) Enjoy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)