Hacking Transfer 3DS emunand to real nand? Is it possible?

ibds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With the announcement of the New 3DS I was wondering myself if is it possible to transfer my 3DS emunand data to a console with real nand..

Maybe I'll buy a new 3DS to mantain my original games and my old 3DS for gateway

EDIT: I mean a proper System Transfer made by going into the sytem settings

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
The NAND has all of the same keys and stuff.
It is a copy of your original NAND, with modifications from GateWay.

I guess it could be done on the same 3DS you made the EmuNAND with, not sure though?

But again, not on a other 3DS, thus far, if ever.

ibds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well that's a pitty, but I can live with that..

But now our NNID is also locked forever into emunand, I hope Nintendo allow us to transfer it someday without locking it to the hardware

ibds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
should be fine as long as gateway still has access to running the latest FW when you get your new console

Thanks, but do you know if someone has ever tried that?

I'm afraid we would lose the original console FW 4.5 in the process. I remember one of the steps of the system transfer restarts the original console and then format it with the latest FW...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks, but do you know if someone has ever tried that?

I'm afraid we would lose the original console FW 4.5 in the process. I remember one of the steps of the system transfer restarts the original console and then format it with the latest FW...
yeah, but thats why i said as long as GW supports the latest FW at the time when you get your new console....as longs as your on the latest FW the system transfer is possible, a few people have done it with no issues

ibds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, but thats why i said as long as GW supports the latest FW at the time when you get your new console....as longs as your on the latest FW the system transfer is possible, a few people have done it with no issues

Ok, good to know that.. thank you.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, good to know that.. thank you.

Also worth noting is that with a hard mod, you can extract your emuNAND from your SD card and use the hard mod to force it into your realNAND, thus allowing you to go from emuNAND -> RealNAND -> New 3ds.

Just make sure you backed up your 4.X realnand so you can downgrade once you finish!

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah I think a system transfer would work, but I wonder what would happen if two cloned consoles were caught online at the same time...

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to add: with emuNANDTool you can restore a backup of emunand after the system transfer.

Also worth noting is that with a hard mod, you can extract your emuNAND from your SD card and use the hard mod to force it into your realNAND, thus allowing you to go from emuNAND -> RealNAND -> New 3ds.

actually this would be useful only if one had emunand without the latest firmware and without the possibility to update it, so he/she could transfer emunand to realnand, update realnand to latest and then make the system transfer. otherwise, it would only complicate things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsfw-ds-homebrew.73091/