Mr Skinner

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Friends, I have been an exhausting journey in an attempt to successfully perform the backup of Nand of My New Nintendo 3DS XL.

First try (FAIL):
- Using a generic SD Adapter, (which already had 100% success with OLD3ds models) got the boot blue screen on the apparatus. However, the PC does not detect the presence of a disk drive. Searching here on the forum, I noticed that the problem was the incompatibility of Nand with the appliance.
4S2eCN3l.jpg

Second attempt (FAIL):

Mistakenly, I ended up buying an incompatible SD Reader for new nintendo 3ds xl, the model was Transcend USB 3.0 Rdf5. Unfortunately, I ended up not reading this topic with due attention and I discovered belatedly that does not work with the new 3ds xl. I tested the product and indeed, the blue screen does not appear. The console turns ON normally. Fortunately I managed to return the product to the seller without much trouble. (Besides of course, the more a failure disappointment ...)

Third attempt (Fail Fear = Totally FAIL)

After perusing this topic and receive confirmation by him, I decided to buy the Model Transcend P8 (pictured below) and I will receive in two days. However, as worn by the failures, it decided to seek more information and it seems this model ALSO DOES NOT WORK FOR MODELS NEW 3DS XL.

Update: Transcend RDP8 Dont Work with my new 3ds.

Particularly I can give myself the luxury to say:

Do not Buy Transcend models for HARDMOD, unless you already have one to test.

IkCDYDkm.png
yh2KeqE.jpg
yh2KeqEl.jpg

My questions and Answers:

[Q] - This model ( Transcend RPD8) does not really work? Or they were isolated cases? I'm worried because I spent the equivalent of $ 60 in failed attempts.

[A]- Not work. Do not try. Save Money ... Buy a Anker SD reader, and ends with this sh**t.

Note: I have heard that in Brazil, there is an alternative not yet confirmed for me, it could work for new models: SD READER ComTac the Model 9160 was documented as functional ( Source: forum OtherSpace) . It costs in "Mercado Livre" is around R $ 95 ~ 110 with shipping (22 ~ 26 US $); Below photo:
yYTF8MZl.jpg

Important Detail:
Apparently there are two versions of SD Reader. The ComTac 9160 may be with BLUE LED and Green LED (as pictured above). There is evidence that the versions are different among themselves in hardware, but there is no confirmation that one works and the other not to use hardmod to New 3ds. If you can choose to purchase, ask about the LED color to the seller.

• [Q] - For the picture of the First attempt, my hardmod is correct (?) Since I got the boot blue screen.

[A]- Reviewed all welds. Apparently everything is firm and in touch.

• [Q]- What Model 100% compatibility with New 3ds xl? Anker models are not available anywhere in my country.

[A] -
I talked shit. I found easily in my country. The problem was actually the exorbitant price of SD ... But anyway, there's no way to make lemonade without breaking eggs (kkkkkk).
Has not yet come, I have not tested, but I am 80% confident it will work.

Last edited by Mr Skinner,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i have used the RDP8 with every possible combination of 3DS/nand and it worked for them all, but from the sound of it, there has either been a revision, or its more dependent on the soldering job than other readers

Reactions: peteruk

Mr Skinner

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I had no success with 2 different Transcend model's with my n3ds xl, in the end I bought an Anker reader and it was perfect

Here is a link https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LFIXC8I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the info friend. You tried to warn me and I followed his advice.

Unfortunately Transcend RPD8 did not work for my New3ds. Even I will suggest to change this topic to the author. Help many people save time.

i have used the RDP8 with every possible combination of 3DS/nand and it worked for them all, but from the sound of it, there has either been a revision, or its more dependent on the soldering job than other readers

oh man! unfortunately it does not work, even doing all the welds. (They were until well done before)

Updated: I bought a Anker SD reader. I overpaid hell in Brazil ...

Reactions: peteruk

mikexd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Stop wasting more money on readers bro! Get the TekRepublic TUC-300 and problem gone. If you're still unable to read the nand using one of those I will strongly recomend checking the solder points.

BTW. How (or where) are you soldering the GND?

mikexd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
right here:
hAoDPhn.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmmm...Why don't you try to use the one recomended in Reboot.ms diagram. I have had situations where no reader will detect the console until I used the recommended GND. Now, New 3DS tend to be really pickie about readers, again save yourself time and money and get the TUC-300

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Those wires are way too long. Reduce the length as much as possible.
My Anker only started working when I did that (reduced to +- 12 cm from board to frankenSD)

And yes, I also haven't managed to work with the RDP8 on my N3DSXL.
Maybe it as to do with N3DS beeing picky with the readers or it's due to the length of the cable that goes from the reader to the pc. That one is my next test: shorten the USB miniB to USB cable of the TRANSCEND to the shortest possible)

One thing also: error code as nothing to do with NAND dump/write. As long as you can get the warning on PC (to FORMAT the device which you have to say NO), you can do it (with whatever reader you use).
All you have to make sure is: console has to work normally with the hardmod with frankenSD attached. You only should get the bootrom error when the frankenSD is connected to the SD reader. (And it's usually on both screens).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM