Hacking trails in the sky 3rd chapter

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i´m pretty sure we will see the 3rd at some point but they already said that sc will be their last psp game (even if it sells good i don´t expect 3rd coming to psn).. so there should be no problem to translate at least the psp version, or? i´m no pc gamer (bad experiences) so i´ll probably miss out the game if no one decides to patch the psp game..

btw does somebody know a summary/script of 3rd? just found some material for zero and ao (and played zero evo with it, probably the only series i would do something like this ^^)

shinenyuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
i´m pretty sure we will see the 3rd at some point but they already said that sc will be their last psp game (even if it sells good i don´t expect 3rd coming to psn).. so there should be no problem to translate at least the psp version, or? i´m no pc gamer (bad experiences) so i´ll probably miss out the game if no one decides to patch the psp game..

btw does somebody know a summary/script of 3rd? just found some material for zero and ao (and played zero evo with it, probably the only series i would do something like this ^^)

If you want something like the scenario book for The 3rd, this is it:
http://www.falcom.co.jp/mailorder/catalog/b67.html

In english... not much. There's a few things some people have done but, as I said, not much. A few doors, and of course, the whole script would probably be impossible to find in english.

johan23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Now that you mention it, yeah the chance of 3rd release on psp is close to 0. Xseed themselves had said this. I completely forget about this. So i guess the patch is kinda ok if kaikaiser still want to make it? Somehow all i think about is steam release lol

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I guess that from a commercial standpoint the amount of labor required and the returns aren't very good for these games.
It's too bad because the translation of part 1 was quite well done I felt, and I've been meaning to play #2 too but haven't found the time.

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still up for it if I can get some guidance on the tools I need and any other advice. The game has a ton of .dat files I'm assuming are for items or skills? There's also a large file inside a file called script. Any help is appreciated.

shinenyuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm still up for it if I can get some guidance on the tools I need and any other advice. The game has a ton of .dat files I'm assuming are for items or skills? There's also a large file inside a file called script. Any help is appreciated.

Well, I can't help with this sadly. But all I can say is:

JUST DO IT! *winks*

I just finished SC and... man, such a good game. We need The 3rd, obligatory.

zero_g_monkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say more than this but somebody has been working on this game for a few months. They don't want it to be made public who they are but they have asked for our help with the project. If you want to use it as a learning experience, that is definitely a good thing. But like I previously mentioned before, it is just basically wanting on official confirmation that there is no plans from Xseed. I would say it would at least take 2.5 years to do this game properly. SC is probably the biggest script in the series so far, but 3rd is nothing to sneeze at. If you have more interest in learning about working on this game, I strongly suggest heading to our forums. Link is in my signature and it requires registration for most places.

Reactions: kaikaiser

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. Sorry if I caused any trouble. Not my intention. I'll keep on with my own projects then, polish exxiv and continue to help sephurchin with his project of entaku no seito. Thank for the info.

zero_g_monkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've caused no problems. I just know the sheer amount of work that it would take to do the game. I just wanted to save you the trouble of working on it only to find out somebody had a huge head start. But it is still an interesting game to work on. All the games that come after Trails FC have some really cool aspects to mess with it for learning experience. The Garghav Trilogy is not so interesting because they are mostly standard fare in terms of romhacking. I don't want to dissuade you from messing with it and if you have any questions about it, I would be more than happy to answer them the best I can.

Reactions: kaikaiser

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've caused no problems. I just know the sheer amount of work that it would take to do the game. I just wanted to save you the trouble of working on it only to find out somebody had a huge head start. But it is still an interesting game to work on. All the games that come after Trails FC have some really cool aspects to mess with it for learning experience. The Garghav Trilogy is not so interesting because they are mostly standard fare in terms of romhacking. I don't want to dissuade you from messing with it and if you have any questions about it, I would be more than happy to answer them the best I can.
OK thanks zero

BananaSlamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not called 'Third Chapter' in Japan, because it's not a direct sequel to the first two games. So don't feel TOO bad about not getting to play it.
Though I'm sure xseed will translated it eventually

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This version doesn't seem to likely to be released in the west to me, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Evolution version was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)