Gaming [trailer]Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
georaldc said:
The original naked snake tech demo looked better to me. Odd that it seems like the new trailer is missing all those shader effects in the tech demo

Its not only missing the shaders, its missing, the improved environments, the extra polygons, its missing everything.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Masterpaul said:
which is a shame especially after there pes effort.
Lol what are you talking about?

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Jun 4 2011, 01:56 PM) Trust me, the actual game will definitely look much better than what we are seeing today.

I can assure you it won't.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pachura said:
Well, another proof that when it comes to graphics, 3DS is roughly on par with PSP.
Check the E3 2010 tech demo out.

If anything, it's proof that Konami is too lazy to remake a game.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
Ikki said:
Check the E3 2010 tech demo out.
Tech demo is not a game.

It doesn't change the fact Konami is being lazy as fuck with this game.

- It actually looks less detailed than the PS2 version. This should NOT be happening, as the tech in the 3DS is much more powerful than the PS2.
- The announcement of the MGS HD Collection already is the nail in the coffin for this game. $40 for a port with minor extras or $30 for a collection of three games with upscaled resolutions as well as a version of MGS3 that runs at 60fps?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goofy Time said:
- The announcement of the MGS HD Collection already is the nail in the coffin for this game. $40 for a port with minor extras or $30 for a collection of three games with upscaled resolutions as well as a version of MGS3 that runs at 60fps?
That kinda shot me down for me even wanting to have it a little... :/

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Goofy Time said:
That kinda shot me down for me even wanting to have it a little... :/

It's in 3D =D

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just wait for the actual game to come out then decide on the graphics and whatever else will ya?
wink.gif

Oh and btw, the 3DS has better graphics than a PSP.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS can still blow the PSP out of the water when it comes to graphics. I especially can't see the reasoning behind PSP being on par considering PSP can't even do ports on par with some of the mid-tier PS2 games. Snake Eater 3D at the very least seems like a solid port of the PS2 game so far (one of the best looking games on the PS2). But there are better looking games. It seems many people forget about Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D. Later on RE Revelations. I could name numerous more as well. You can't blame the 3DS for lack of effort on certain developers. It can certainly pull off exactly what we were seeing in tech demos, we have actual finished games (or upcoming games that are not tech demos) to show us this much.

From what i can see, MGS3D is mostly on par with PS2 graphically. Some things are slightly worse than the PS2 version (namely textures and some very minor polygon downgrades), but there's some clear shader effects that are superior to PS2. Definitely balances it out imo. It's also not finished yet, and many effects are often added in during late development. Not fair to judge it quite yet until we've all seen the final product. On the actual system as well (which will inevitably look better than a video or screen can show).

To be quite fair, while the Naked Snake tech demo certainly pulled off great character models, some of the environment detail left much to be desired. For example-
997803_20100615_screen003.jpg
997803_20100615_screen004.jpg

Snake looks great, and some environments look good too. But others in the demo looked just bleh. Looking past the characters, you've got some weird looking environments. In this respect, i'd have to say that the newer version looks better.

The biggest issue i have is that Konami and Kojima were quoted as saying that if they had more time, they could make the actual game look even better than the 2010 tech demo. My guess on the matter is that perhaps this game was outsourced to less competent developers and they decided that instead of remaking the game as originally invisioned, they decided instead to just port the PS2 version. It's possible that Kojima and the team that led the tech demo have nothing to do with this new version.

At any rate, don't diss the 3DS' graphical power just because one developer (or however many) lack the effort to push the system. Personally, when i ignore the 2010 tech demo, i'm still somewhat impressed that the 3DS can actually come on par with the best that the PS2 could do. Especially so early in the 3DS' life. I'd say Snake Eater was second only to Shadow of the Colossus graphically. And i'd only give SOTC the win due to how far the developers managed to push the PS2's hardware, i still feel MGS3 has the overall superior look. It should also be remembered that the 3DS has to process the 3D effect, meaning it has to render the graphics twice (or around that). And that this is still VERY early in the system's life.

And no i'm not bashing the PSP. I actually love the PSP and it's definitely the superior gaming system so far (until the 3DS gets a better library at least). This is purely an analysis of the graphical power, which doesn't actually matter when comparing gameplay. Take note at that.
tongue.gif

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Oh and btw, the 3DS has better graphics than a PSP.

Samurai Warriors (3DS) vs. Frontier gate (PSP). It is maybe a bit better, but not hands down better (and lower resolution).

samuraiwarriors3ds05.jpg

20110124gallery_swc12.jpg

Vasquo1306170250fgate5.jpg

Vasquo1306170202fgate2.jpg

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you hating on the 3DS so much? Would it kill you to say the 3DS graphics looks pretty good?

I mean come on...

But in the end (even tho I didn't own one) the ps3 collection sound like a better deal.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Why are you hating on the 3DS so much? Would it kill you to say the 3DS graphics looks pretty good?

I don't hate it. I own 3DS. I am just being realistic about its hardware.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
KingVamp said:

It one thing of being realistic vs just being outright harsh.

You see what the game is capable of, yet you look for games (for whatever reason dev just don't want used the hardware to the fullest)
and bash it. Then when there a game that does look much better, you try to fine the smallest differences or make poor comparisons.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
KingVamp said:

No offense, but you are severely underrating it's hardware, not being realistic about it whatsoever. Try instead using games that actually take advantage of the 3DS instead of using a game like Samurai Warriors that doesn't push the hardware at all.

Better examples below.

Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D-
remercs3d.png

Resident Evil Revelations-
revelations1.png

Super Street Fighter IV 3D-
997808_20110119_screen001.jpg

There are more examples i can use if you like. Samurai Warriors is not a good example as there are clearly better games to use to show of the 3DS graphical capabilities. You're not even using decent PSP examples to compare like Peace Walker or God of War (which are still not up to par with what we've seen on 3DS so far). You're supposed to take the best of BOTH systems, not just compare graphically underpar games for both systems. If you chose the right games, you could make a case that any system is weaker than another, just because some developers don't make any effort in graphics.
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night