Gaming [trailer]Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still half and half whether to get this. The game looks good, however the advantage I see so far is the stereoscopic 3D. Other than that, if I wanted to play this, I'll just play on my PS2.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
It seems to me that last year's trailer looked much better than that
unsure.gif

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
SO want this. Got hooked after peace walker on psp.

Now i need this.
But I need a 3ds first -.-

Btw, I had no idea the 3ds had an accelerometer/gyroscope thing. I'm out of it :L

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
Not gonna judge TOO harshly, since it is a 3DS game and we can't experience the 3D effect first hand here but...

...graphically, what the trailer showed looks terrible compared to the PS2 version. Also, I thought there were supposed to be tons of new features, scenes, gameplay types, as shown in the trailer from last year... Everything shown in this trailer is shot-for-shot exactly the same as the original PS2 title (save for Yoshi, lol).
Well it only showed a few things. Moreover, graphically it is superior to the PS2 version, the trailer just makes it look "meh".

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm going to get this game.

Like what I've said, trailers do not determine the game graphic quality. Trailers would definitely be not as good.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goddommot Yoshi! xD

I'm actually surprised of the graphical quality of MGS3D
ohmy.gif

The tech demo had really low-res graphics but it seems they polished it a lot .
Nice to see some progress. Can't wait for the release
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless I can kill Yoshi and use his meat to keep my stamina level up then I won't buy this game.

Already bought the PS2 version, no need to waste my money on a 3DS and this. It was previously my 3DS "killer app" but now I'm not terribly impressed with it.

If it's not Subsistence (meaning it doesn't include the improved camera and extras) then this thing will just sink.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great graphically, but damm kojima the trailer doesn't specify if its going to be like the original or like Subsistence. There are different parts of the trailer where the camera moves around making me believe its going to have subsistence updates but better not get my hopes up.
Also, did he switch weapons without pausing the game? I remember you would pause the game when switching weapons or whatever you did to access the menu would pause the game, since that menu is on the bottomscreen do you switch weapons in real time?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
cris92x said:
Looks great graphically, but damm kojima the trailer doesn't specify if its going to be like the original or like Subsistence. There are different parts of the trailer where the camera moves around making me believe its going to have subsistence updates but better not get my hopes up.
Also, did he switch weapons without pausing the game? I remember you would pause the game when switching weapons or whatever you did to access the menu would pause the game, since that menu is on the bottomscreen do you switch weapons in real time?
Based on the vid, you SHOULD be able to customize even in-game
wink.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Unless I can kill Yoshi and use his meat to keep my stamina level up then I won't buy this game.

Already bought the PS2 version, no need to waste my money on a 3DS and this. It was previously my 3DS "killer app" but now I'm not terribly impressed with it.

If it's not Subsistence (meaning it doesn't include the improved camera and extras) then this thing will just sink.
Snake vs. Monkey also probably got removed

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Joe88 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Snake vs. Monkey also probably got removed
obviously, Ape Escape is made by Sony.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^yup

also an interesting gfx comparing that a site posted,
basically the snake eater 3ds preview in 2010 vs actuality that we have today (PW thrown in for lolz)
and compare shots from the ps2 ver.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres a vid comparing the graphics on the 3ds trailer and the original ps2 intro looks like the 3ds is on par with ps2 graphics somewhat
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdA_l5FSS18[/youtube]

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A crapfest from konami, which is a shame especially after there pes effort.

I guess remaking the game to look like last years e3 demo would cost them too much money, money that they decided to use on hd collections.

Konami cant be arsed, so I cant be arsed to buy konami.

Dont be surprised when you hear konami say, "but we dont sell on the 3ds". Of-course they wont bloody sell when there half arsed ports have to compete with Tecmo's labyrinth, Nintendo or Capcom.

georaldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The original naked snake tech demo looked better to me. Odd that it seems like the new trailer is missing all those shader effects in the tech demo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.