tracking apps

hungova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys
rather random one.i have been downloading apps on my u20i and came across 'where's my droid?'.nice little app that works well and locates your droid by ringing or by gps even when in silent.app is great if you lose your fone but it is advertised as helping find your fone if lost or stolen but it works on SIM and as far as I know the first thing a 'phone thief' would do is remove the SIM.
is there an app that would allow me to connect to my phone rather than the SIM card?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it doesn't have a SIM card, it will be unable to access any cellular data network.

Thus being unable to report back to you (unless the thief was stupid enough to associate with a wifi network before wiping it).

hungova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
o,ok.thanks.wavesecure offers a feature that allows u to track SIM cards inserted into your phone if it is stolen to help u track it.didnt know if perhaps that meant that the phone could be accessed regardless of what sim is in it so long as it is turned on?not convinced by wave secure though as it has some bad reviews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans