Hacking Toukiden - Hacking and Translating

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry to bump the thread
maybe you don't have vita but want to play it i see toukiden will release on pc on june 26
hope the port was good
So extract the translated stuff shouldn't be DAT impossible now... (IF someone is still thinking about translate it, of course.)

reinzhart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So extract the translated stuff shouldn't be DAT impossible now... (IF someone is still thinking about translate it, of course.)
i think it's easier to translate text file but still have compressed image problem
(yeah it's nice to see this to be fully translated)

Dav_Dabz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Derp. Love my Vita but I don't think i'll be picking up Toukiden anytime soon. Maybe i'll pick it up when Bandai decide to bring God Eater 2 Rage Burst west side to the Vita.

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*bumping on this thread (again) sorry mods

Toukiden: Kiwami is now out on Steam. If you want to play the game on your PC, then get the game from there.

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, well I hear the game lags even on high. I wasn't really expecting much since its originally a handheld game now ported to a pc

bktsuna10

Trophies
XP
Country
So, how's the translation now...? Don't tell me you're not working on it now ?

You know i've just discovered this game two days ago, so i was hoping for english translation, Only Weapons, and Mission Names are only the one translated..

Van_Kaiji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is already on PS Vita, so a translation "could" happen, someday, but most likely won't, since it has already been localised.

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, how's the translation now...? Don't tell me you're not working on it now ?

You know i've just discovered this game two days ago, so i was hoping for english translation, Only Weapons, and Mission Names are only the one translated..
Most likely that a translation patch for this game is very close to zero. So a translation patch for this game is highly doubtful, unless someone decides to pick it up. This game is already available in English for both PSVita and PC.

Reactions: Skelletonike

bktsuna10

Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely that a translation patch for this game is very close to zero. So a translation patch for this game is highly doubtful, unless someone decides to pick it up. This game is already available in English for both PSVita and PC.

I don't have a PS vita and my PC is not good as yours... Anyway thanks for the info.

And it's okay man, i can understand some of japanese... I'm already in chapter 5 Haha, but still.. English is much better for me.

goth2191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

But it isn't on PSP, and given how bad optimized (and bad port in general) the PC port is, I think for a lot of people who can't play the PC ver. would be a lot better to play a PSP emulated version instead of not playing anything at all.
But anyways, if no one has picked up the project already I highly doubt that is gonna happen in the future, it seems that there isn't a lot of people interested in this game or at least its PSP ver. u.u

FellaPure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0VAxLZ0.png
Hi! I think this game is awesome for PSP but nobody pay attention because its in Japanese, so a few days ago i started the adventure about translating it! I can change the texts without problem or crashing, could replace almost all: Weapon Names, Materials, Skill Names, NPCs, Dialogs, Etc...

3gXiktK.png
File System:
All the game's data is stored in 2 files:
oBPALMw.gif
LINKDATA_A.BIN -> The data package,(bigfile)

oBPALMw.gif
LINKDATA_B.BIN ->
file system descriptor (contains information on how the files are stored in the bigfile)

In order to decompress the bigfile, you have two options:
356resource.exe , tool made by @Adtech for extract LINKDATA_A.BIN for Dynasty Warriors.
panLD36.png
Sky Lastest Tool
- im not posting the link here, just check in the forum.

th6VAvz.png
Audio:

Stored in
oBPALMw.gif
BGM.BIN and
oBPALMw.gif
LINKDATA_A.BIN, can be easy extracted and replaced with lastest sky tool. ( Format:
lvzeq7f.gif
.AT3
)

th6VAvz.png
Video:

Separated from the bigfile, is easy to edit-replace-compress the video files in the iso using the normal way. ( Format:
u2EvYo6.gif
.PMF
)

th6VAvz.png
Models:

Easy to extract and replace with lastest sky tool. ( Format:
zqr7pxh.png
.GMO
)

pB2UFNJ.jpg
Graphics:

The problem is the game have compressed image that i want to translate but its very hard, because i tryed Sky's BigFile Tool and only found 2 PNG that i dont need, and using a LINKDATA_A.BIN extractor i can see the bigfile have some lzp2 compressed files that i have no idea to uncompress.

RbUjr95.png

This is the graphic i want to change, if someone can help me to do that, could be awesome.

RJajk6P.png

Please, if someone is able to help me extracting the graphics will be very nice, beacuse im having nightmares with this :D
Im using MadEdit / 365Resource (LINKDATA_A.BIN Extractor) / Lastest Sky Tool

---------------
Some screens:

g1F1YVK.png

Progress:
(▪▪···)Missions | (▪▪▪··)Materials | (▪▪▪··)Menus
(100%)Skills | (100%)Weapons | (▪····)NPCs
(▪▪▪··)Spirits | (·····)Armors | (·····)Story

UPDATE 16 MAY 2014
I have too much less time now for continue so i will be pausing the project for about 2 months, im very sorry for that.
If someone want to help, can pm me for info about replacing the texts.
Also you can still help fixing the character creation menu i broke. I know how to do it but have no time.
Dialogues are not translated and the description of the tamafuri is short. You can see the percentage of translation in first message.
Enjoy

How to apply the patch

-Open any toukiden .iso (linkdata_a.bin must be untouched) with UMDGen.
-Search for LINKDATA_A.BIN, right click then Apply PPF Patch, and select ppf.ppf
-Save as new .iso or .cso​

ATTENTION: Any problem ocurred when translating the character creation menu, and there is a bug when you start a new game.
My suggestion is to create new game with untouched iso, save, then apply the patch. Tutorial is working in the patch.

DOWNLOAD PPF PATCH: http://goo.gl/uJ7KfR

Hello!! Can I ask if this project is still ongoing? I think I can help with translating the graphical texts. it is only a texture and it might be able not to patch it ingame but you can play it on emulators.

17814252_1522171637813163_72395768642936458_o.jpg

I don't know how to private message here so I just reply in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wsg boys