Hacking Torrent client for Vita?

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea I think so "Mai Torrent", plus, you can find some more, but "google" is your friend. Now I remember, there was one specifically for the xbox360 a long time ago, then it became abandonware. Goodluck while it lasts.

Reactions: Dr. Dew

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
With the cost and failure rate of vita mem cards, torrenting on one doesnt sound like a great idea.
Any old computer or smartphone would be so much more usable.
A Vita TV with an external drive would work fine. Not expensive, tons of storage.

What would be silly about this, though, is the transfer speed in general. IIRC someone was able to figure out the max speed of the Vita's internet transfers (based on CPU clock), and it was somewhere around 10mbps. I mean, it's not bad, but torrenting with any other device would, as mentioned, be much quicker/more reliable.

Reactions: ShroomKing
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A Vita TV with an external drive would work fine. Not expensive, tons of storage.

What would be silly about this, though, is the transfer speed in general. IIRC someone was able to figure out the max speed of the Vita's internet transfers (based on CPU clock), and it was somewhere around 10mbps. I mean, it's not bad, but torrenting with any other device would, as mentioned, be much quicker/more reliable.

That's a good point, if all you had was a PSTV and some USB storage it would be useful.
I'd still take a rpi or an old PC if one was available. Cheap and surprisingly responsive with a minimal linux distro for just torrenting/media centre purposes.

Also, nice avatar :)
I'm a couple of hours into thimbleweed park now (had to finish zelda BOTW first) and it's what I hoped doublefine adventure would be. Great game.

Last edited by Count Duckula,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)