Top action/mind-bending movies

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I starting going through the list a bit and saw Hancock.

How is that movie mind bending in anyway?
cuz Will Smiff gits his drink on an' shit when he's flyin an' shit. And, possibly, because of the whole twist at the end with Charlize Theron and who he really is... I really wanted to hate that movie when it came out but it actually wasn't a waste of a rental fee.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a laughable choice to put on any list of someone who claims to be a "movie buff".

You don't have to be a Harvard Law School-type to realize it's a poorly made film.

Also I generally find Halle (spelling?) Berry to be a highly mediocre actress.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I listed that "it was a shit movie" as a reason I hate the movie, Halle Berry was just one of the things.

And I don't hate her because she's annoying or a bad person, I hate her as an actress because I think she's a bad actress. Bad talent in a film often makes a bad film.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tom Cruise is just kinda like... Nolan North. You need a generic male protagonist? You get Tom Cruise. He's not terribly memorable or esteemed, at least personally.

Only liked him in the Mission Impossible movies. He was meh in War of the Worlds and pretty bad in Minority Report (Minority Report was also a fucking horrible movie).

Engert

I love me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i understand. Different taste i guess.
Earlier you mentioned that you don't enjoy war dramas. What type of movie category do you prefer?
In case you haven't figured it out by now i prefer the mind-bending category but i watch everything else
My idea of a well done movie is this:
1. It must get interesting in the first 20-30 minutes.
2. Preferably it must start with a confusing situation some sort of shock which you can't make sense until in the end.
3. The ending should be open-ended. For interpretation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte