[Tools] AmiiBomb

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ac_K, Apr 17, 2017.

1. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    after carefully reading the thread again, I tried to flash amiibomb-uino using v0.2. Worked like a champ! Now if only my NTAG stickers would arrive in the mail. I'll be lucky to see them within 3 weeks :(

Last edited by urherenow, Jun 9, 2017
    GraFfiX420 likes this.
  2. RubyRoid

RubyRoid Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2014
    Cyprus
    You don't have to glue it. Also the effect varies depending on a coin size. I started with largest coin and then gradually decreased the size. I found that the signal is equally good both with 5 and 2 euro cents but isn't good enough with 1 cent.

3. warmo161

warmo161 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A house
    Just wondering, If I write the same amiibo.bin to 2 different tags, do they get different generated id's(so they can be both used the same day on BOTW for example?)

Also, many thanks for making the program, it works perfectly! (Although I had a issue in 0.3 as the built in flasher diddnt work)

4. GraFfiX420

GraFfiX420 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    AFAIK, AmiiBomb doesn't currently support this. However, I know that the datel powersaves/powertag do support serial randomization, I believe @Ac_K had all of it built or at least figured out, it's just not released yet.

5. warmo161

warmo161 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A house
    Thanks, I was looking around Amiibomb and there is buttons for decrypt and generate id but as long as the tags i create work, I dont wanna touch them (Plus there isnt much documentation about those yet)

6. Jokkovitch

Jokkovitch Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2017
    France
    I though botw was using uid of the tag to determine if the tag has been used on a given day. I'll try tomorrow.

7. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Same problem, but the cards do work fine with TagMo on an android phone with NFC.
    So for now i'm using my daughters P8Lite with TagMo v2.3 to write the cards .

It's not the Antenna, it's also not the cards, for some reason AmiiBomb doesn't recognize them
    You can follow the issue on GitHub https://github.com/AcK77/AmiiBomb-uino/issues/8

Last edited by DjoeN, Jun 12, 2017
  8. GraFfiX420

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Yes, BotW definitely uses the identifying information of the NTAG to determine if it has already been used on that day. To confirm this, you can turn off internet time on the switch, then scan amiibo, then set the date back to the day before, and you're magically able to scan the same amiibo again.

9. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Even though the dumps contain UIDs, when written to an NTAG215 the BINs UID is discarded and the physical tags UID is used. So you don't have to anything special, just write them as normal.

warmo161, GraFfiX420 and aut0mat3d like this.
  10. GraFfiX420

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Awesome, I get it now. However, it should be noted, that if you're using a device like a powersaves, or any other module you can write multiple times, or that stores multiple amiibos, it will most likely write the uid that is in the bin, meaning you will need to randmoize the uid yourself to make it reusable on the same day.

11. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Yes, because those emulate the whole tag and thus use the UIDs in the BIN file. So those would need to be randomized.

12. GraFfiX420

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Yes, I understand that, hence my last post.

13. CoolRunninJA

CoolRunninJA Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2017
    United States
    How can I verify if the cards I received from an order are NTAG215?

Last edited by CoolRunninJA, Jun 17, 2017
  14. GraFfiX420

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Run the dumpinfo sketch and see what it says?

15. Primalus

Primalus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    United States
    With Core NFC being a thing in iOS 11, any chance something like this could come to iPhone?

EDIT: I meant to post this in the thread for the Android Amiibo tool (I don't remember its name), but I guess here works as well.

Last edited by Primalus, Jun 19, 2017
  16. cybrian

cybrian Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Current documentation on CoreNFC implies that it's only for reading. That means that we may be able to read tags with it, but we can't write/create them.

It does have support for "NFC Forum Type 2" tags, which encompasses NTAG215, but there are only reading methods at the moment.

17. warmo161

warmo161 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A house
    Aperently another issue is that the NFC Api's in the new iOS will only support the iphone 7 (and up)

18. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Belgium
    i keep getting a device error when i try to flash the bootloader to the arduino. anyone else who had this problem?

19. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Belgium
    ok i fixed it by manually flashing the bootloader trough Xloader

20. bogchop

bogchop Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    Are these the ones from aliexpress? I got 100 of them too, all completely useless using the UNO R3 clone (Adeept). I get the same deal - no NTAG Present message. But when I put the little round blue tag that came with the reader near it, i get the "wrong tag" error.

Do I put these in the bin now?